1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Be nice if Phase 4's [1]+[P] had the same high crush properties as everyone elses :( And also if her [8]+[P]'s hurt box wasn't so low. Making jumping over lows more reliable.

I take back the [8]+[P] thing. Seems just fine. Even at -5.
    *edit* just must have been one of those weird times where I got hit mid air with a low punch somehow. *shrug*

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    And this is what keeps me respecting TN and loving the game. There support is unmatched by anyone IMO. I mean who churns out multiple updates that takes always seems to take a game to the next level. New chars, new levels, costumes, costumes, costumes, costumes (WOW), design elements, system changes, etc. They have truly set a new standard in regards to how a developer should support their game.

3. DurViener

DurViener Well-Known Member

I really think TN does stuff like this just for the fuck of it.

4. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    It's pretty obvious this was not done intentionally considering it didn't exist in previous versions. Leon's air throw isn't new so they just screw up it's properties somewhere. I'm sure it will be fixed next update.

Also I posted a vid of @DestructionBomb a few pages back trolling on PSN doing this. His vid was way more entertaining. :D

5. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Tested it out for you guys. You guys are correct. I must of been crazy, it works for Phase 4 but now if it comes to any standard low P. The follow-up P does not come out. I apologize to everyone, I must of been sleepy.

Hopefully they'll dig into that. I also hope that 214P+K > 666P gets a follow-up as reward for lacking of tracking regardless of SE on fastest on closed stance. It's literally one of his only strong mid tracking. Only thing I really want for him, everything else I really don't mind.

6. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Hey guys, it's voting time for Team Ninja's DOA5U Fan-Designed Halloween Costume contest and there are a lot of cool designs involved! You can vote for 1 outfit per character and the contest ends Sunday, July 13th @ 11:59 PM:
    https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa5u_dc2

I even entered an Akira entry myself-Kabuki Akira!:
    [​IMG]
    His theme song(lol):

Chefboy_OB and Project Bokuho like this.
  7. Uncle_Kitchener

Uncle_Kitchener Well-Known Member

PSN:
    UncleKitchener
    I think the contest was only to gauge general interests, so there's a good chance the outfit might make it to the next Halloween pack.

There were waaaay better outfit designs in the contest, but people just ended up picking the sluttiest pieces.

8. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

Asia actually submitted 75% of the votes.

Looking at the winning entries... makes sense.

9. iHajinShinobi

iHajinShinobi Member

PSN:
    iHajin
    XBL:
    II Hajin II
    Prince Adon and I are going to host a Team BEST lobby and stream on XBL today, at 5PM PST. Been awhile since we've held one.

If you're on XBL and would like to spar/practice for a bit, feel free to send me or Adon a message on XBL about joining the lobby, or message us over at FreeStepDodge.

Gamertags; II Hajin II | Prince Adon

Here is the stream link if anyone would like to tune in and support for a bit; http://www.twitch.tv/team_best

10. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Haven't been on the site in awhile, and the thread seem to have died a little. I'll drop these videos here for now.

11. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    *Inserts Akira's creed line here*

12. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
  13. Prince Adon

Prince Adon Member

PSN:
    ChocolateINative
    XBL:
    Prince Adon
    We are having a DOA event in September, and a teaser trailer was just released that I thought I'd share here!

14. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    I'm surprised no one talked about this.

There's a sale going on right now for DOA5 Ultimate DLC. Also, Nyotengu will be released on September 2nd/3rd, just in time for The Fall Classic.
    [​IMG]

15. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

So,

Not only did NinjaMonkey make this pretty slick Death Combo video for Hayabusa, but in it he revealed that Unholdables were brought back in the latest patch that released Phase 4.

For those that don't know what the term Unholdables references. It primarily references a technique in DOA4. In Dead or Alive 4 you had two techniques that changed the meta-game once they were discovered: Untechables and Unholdables. Untechables were a term for juggling your opponent and ending the juggle in a way so the active frame of an attack that force techs hits as the opponent is about to put in a down state, forcing them to skip the ground state and go right into a force tech. Force teching in DOA4 was the only tech roll that removed the opponent's ability to wake-up kick off the tech. The force tech was ~50 frames of animation and generally the juggling player was left at a rather large advantage (13-28 frames) dependent on the attack that was used to force tech. Unholdables were attacks after a force tech that had one of their active frames land the moment the opponent frame the opponent recovered from the tech roll. Holding took 1 frame to execute off a tech roll due to the input system. The opponent could guard the Unholdable or attempt to crush it with an attack that crushed at 0 frames, no attacks besides doing a low attack against a high attack had this ability. So primarily, you'd look for unholdables at the mid or low hit levels. The opponent is not able to hold the attack, so it's either guard, be normal hit, or be counter-hit. So the object was to find an attack that had an active frame during that recovery frame, that also hit mid or low, and also left you advantaged (or safe) on hit/counter-hit/guard.

Untechables were in DOA5 for most of its patch life, and Unholdables were removed by making an opponent invulnerable on that first frame of recovery from a tech roll. However, Untechables were removed in DOA5U's debut. Unholdables have been returned, but not on every type of tech roll. It's currently unknown if this was intended release or an unintended bug. We probably won't know until the Nyotengu patch at the start of September. Additionally, the side steps are a victim to this. They take 1 frame to execute their evasive properties. So it doesn't matter if the Unholdable attack tracks or not as it can't be side-stepped regardless.

Personally, I'm not totally against the inclusion of them as now, since you can't utilize Untechables you are required to know the opponent will tech from an attack. Now, you have to be careful about getting up immediately off the ground due to the added pressure this can cause (see combo video for example of full charge Power Blow being used as an Unholdable, guaranteeing a followup 6P critical stun or a Power Blow).

Puno_de_Leyenda likes this.
  16. def

def Well-Known Member

Shinobi and Puno_de_Leyenda like this.
  17. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Next gen Akira :(

18. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    [​IMG]

lol. I'm just playin. I'll be getting an Xbox One when the new 'Tomb Raider' comes out. But I don't think ima grab this. Especially at full price. Who knows though. If a good deal comes out a while after the release, I may swoop it up.. I'm really looking forward to seeing if there's any adjustments in the game's mechanics though.

19. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

It will be available for 360 and PS3 as well, per announcement of Tom Lee at Summer Jam 8.

He also said, "It's the final final version of DOA5.".

20. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Nice. Hopefully there will be a demo for it. I'm down to at least give it a shot.