1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. smbhax

smbhax Well-Known Member

PSN:
    smbhax
    That photo is a HORI RAP4, not a RAP5 (the only RAP5 I've heard of so far is the Japan-only HORI Real Arcade Pro V Hayabusa.

I just got a couple of the HORI RAP4 Kai sticks for PS3/4 (from here), which look pretty much like recolored versions of the RAP5 Hayabusa for the west, except that there's a little more space between the lever and the buttons on the RAP4 Kais (that's what the "Kai" in the name designates, apparently). The stock HORI "Kuro" buttons and "Hayabusa" levers they come with are disappointing: cheap feeling and cheaply constructed compared to Sanwa parts. I swapped them out for the Sanwa parts I had in my RAP3s, and now the RAP4 Kais feel like a Pro stick should. Very happy with the Sanwa-modded RAP4 Kais after a couple casual sessions of DOA5LR PS4. ^_^ (I did end up having to run to the hardware store to get four M3 bolts (10 mm) and nuts per stick to screw the Sanwa levers onto the base plates that come inside the RAP4 Kais, since they'd come mounted differently in the RAP3s.)

To elaborate on the HORI stock parts (granted I've been using Sanwa parts for years so I'm probably a bit biased : ):

Kuro buttons:
    - sharp edges around the top are not very kind to the fingertips
    - feel a little too tight and brittle for my liking; prefer the loosier, slappier, beefier feel of the Sanwa buttons
    - The smaller (Options) button sits very low in its housing, making it a little harder to press than it should be

Hayabusa lever:
    - Uneven pull: starts stiff, then moves too easily
    - Spring sometimes twangs as you're moving the stick, again giving uneven motion
    - Its inner housing is held together, and to the base plate, by screws screwed directly into the housing's plastic--there is no way this will hold up to extended use as well as the Sanwa's nut & bolt and snap fastenings; the four movement sensors in the Hayabusa are each held by a single narrow screw through the plastic, vs the hard-mounted sensors in the Sanwa--the Hayabusas simply aren't built as well as the Sanwas.
    - Even without taking it apart, you can compare the feel of the little black disc that sits over the hole for the lever in the stick's faceplate: the Hayabusa's is much thinner, feeling like a communion wafer compared to the thicker discs that come with Sanwa sticks. HORI even went cheap on a $0.00005 piece of plastic!

So yeah I don't really recommend these sticks unless you're going to swap out the stock Hori buttons and lever for something better, in which case they're good. : ) Haven't had any trouble with the dual PS3/PS4 functionality, although I'm not sure which button acts as "Select" on the PS3--don't think the manual mentioned that. Also not mentioned by the manual is that you have to press the PS button on the side of the stick before it will work on the PS4--had a scary moment before I realized that in which I thought the sticks were dead. : P I'm not sure if their little R3/L3 buttons actually work, but I wasn't sure of them on the old RAP3, either (I'm probably doing it wrong, I dunno.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    DestructionBomb likes this.
  2. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Just confirmed by Shin Blanka: Itabashi Zangief will be competing in DOA5 Last Round at Final Round.

3. DestructionBomb

DestructionBomb Active Member

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Ahhh gotcha, thanks a bunch for the reply. Sorry for the late response ahaha. The stick I currently have is the Fighting Edge Hori for the PS3 but it's having issues reading off the Titan Converter. Literally the signal vanishes from time to time, It turns on, turns off..turns on for like 2 minutes and then turns off again.

4. Patrick Wimmer

Patrick Wimmer New Member

I have that hori hayabusa stick. Just switch out the buttons, after that i can really recomend it.

5. smbhax

smbhax Well-Known Member

PSN:
    smbhax
    Ooh. : o The only sort of weirdness I've had with the RAP4 Kai is that on the PS3 I've had to plug the stick back in each time I turn the system on, before it will register. : P I mean, if you just leave the stick plugged in, then turn the system on, it doesn't seem to know the stick is there until you pull it out and plug it back in.

6. NightAntilli

NightAntilli Well-Known Member

News for the PC version... Some info is out in Japanese. Here:
    http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/info_steam_spec.html

Minimum specs:
    CPU: Core i7 870 or better
    Memory: 2GB or more
    Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
    Display: 1280 × 720 pixels
    Video Card: 1GB VRAM, DirecX9.0c or better
    Sound card: Sound card that supports DirectX 9.0c or better

Recommended specs (for 1080p)
    CPU: Core i7 2600 or better
    Memory: 4GB or more
    Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
    Display: 1920 × 1080 pixels or better, True Color viewable display
    Video Card: 1.5GB VRAM or more, DirecX9.0c or better
    Sound card: Sound card that supports DirectX 9.0c or better

Tested video cards

■ Recommended specs
    GeForce GTX 760
    GeForce GTX 660
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

■ Minimum specs
    GeForce GTX 650
    GeForce GTX 635
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    GeForce GTS 250

Other info
    - Resolutions up to 4K are supported
    - Game effects are based on the PS3 version (sadly)
    - Shadows are based on the PS4 version
    - Anti-aliasing is supported
    - 34 characters will be available
    - 36 stages will be available. The Danger Zone and The Crimson are NOT included.
    - 400 costumes
    - New hair styles are available
    - Soft engine is NOT available
    - Character selection is based on the PS4 version
    - All modes like Story, fighting and training mode are fully available
    - Gravure (Movie Theater) will be available through a DLC purchase
    - Online mode will still be patched in three months after release
    - Controller vibration is not available

Not that great, but not the worst either.

7. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    No online for a few months is definitely the worst part, but still at least it's coming out on PC unlike VF or Tekken.

NightAntilli and IcKY99 like this.
  8. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    lol.. Last gen PS3 effects for the new (delayed) PC version, no online at launch? I hope modders go crazy with this game on PC and add better content than the developers are willing to add.

A lot of people on the steam forums have cancelled their pre-orders after reading this news it seems.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  9. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Without the soft engine on PC version the mods aren't even going to be as good as they could have been. On further reflection I have decided that this PC version is very insulting and is not worth the full price tag, therefore I will not pre-order, I will not buy in full price, and I will torrent it since there's no online for months. I would rather get the complete PS4 version than this POS, but now I am turned off and may have to put more of my focus on T7 and MK X... We'll see what happens.

IcKY99, steelbaz and DurViener like this.
  10. IcKY99

IcKY99 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IcKY99
    XBL:
    IcKYIcKY
    Agreed windbro anyone who defends TN for releasing an incomplete game is a blind peon! Rockstar games has the decency to delay GTA V on PC for MONTHS in order to release a hopefully stable working FULL game with all it's features in tact. I appreciate the PC release but will refrain from purchasing it in protest, until the online feature is added. This will with out a doubt lose TN a huge percentage of day 1 purchases.

DestructionBomb and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  11. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Can you believe that doa on pc was already delayed? It was originally slated for February release!

IcKY99 likes this.
  12. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    I'm honestly not sure why anyone is surprised by this. Let's be completely honest about what DOA5 has turned into. It's nothing more than a platform to sell costume DLC. When your game hits with a $92 day 1 season pass for what is projected to be nearly $300 worth of planned DLC, that's flippin' insane.

To be honest I have no doubt that TN wants to make a good fighting game and focus on the game itself. But when the Tecmo saw how much money people are willing to shell out for DLC, why wouldn't they put it out before all the bells and whistles are completed? While TN works to get the online working, put the platform out there to make some money.

Luckily it's PC, torrents will be plentiful...

IcKY99 and Kamais_Ookin like this.
  13. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
  14. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Your right about that. l mean how many female costumes are there per character? 20+ now? Its just all fanservice yet they dont even realize that there fundamental gameplay is STILL broken. Sidestep has no frame advantage, its almost like your not dodging anything and your just stepping to get blown up by linear strings that track (XD). Movement is poor its not free like it is in VF. Walikng backwards has better advantage then dashing. Crounch dashing in that game doesn't serve much purpose either. Stun combos frame adv is screwed up because i put fastest stun recovery after a 6p with jacky, im like +14 yet i have to throw out a move thats 12 f or faster for it to connect.
    The game overall isnt frame heavy. You cant tell if a person is - or + at times so if your not quick enough to punish -7 or higher they'll just button mash you. Fix the basics 4 a good game but until then its just fanservice with chicks of rare to unatural BWH's

ToyDingo likes this.
  15. DestructionBomb

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Dropped a few here.

smbhax and Rodnutz like this.
  16. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Top 8 for DOA5LR Today at Final Round 18:

Winners Bracket
    Kwiggle
    E-Mann
    Sweet Revenge
    Hoodless

Losers Bracket
    Lopedo
    CrazySteady
    Sonic Fox
    Blackmoonrisingx

DestructionBomb, Sorwah and Rodnutz like this.
  17. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    What's the name of the track in this vid? I really like it.

18. Virtua Kazama

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
    Top 8 Results from Final Round 18:

1st: Electrified Mann (Leifang, Kokoro)
    2nd: Sweet Revenge (Gen Fu)
    3rd: SonicFox (Phase-4, Christie, Marie Rose)
    4th: M C Kwiggle (Kasumi, Lisa, Christie, Rachel)
    5th: Hoodless (Rig)
    5th: CrazySteady (Marie Rose, Sarah, Jacky)
    7th: Blackmoonrisingx (Leifang)
    7th: Lopedo (Jann Lee, Rachel)

smbhax, DestructionBomb and Sorwah like this.
  19. DestructionBomb

PSN:
    DestructionBomb
    Yo yo @Rodnutz . I believe it's from Tekken 5 called Mystical Forest.

Rodnutz likes this.
  20. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Sadly I missed pretty much the whole top 8 except for the last match. Homie went in with Kokoro.

smbhax likes this.