1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Pshh. Man as far as my experience, Jann Lee is the king of walking away from punishment. Least when I use Akira. Try to chase him down and get abared on by dat 10frame jab, lol. That cat could walk into a whole other game before you could catch him. You just basically have to creep forward. One thing that helps is Akira's elbow can be done just running and pushing [P]. Bad thing is, Akira seems to lose every single clash of attacks unless you go under a high attack. I don't think I've ever won a clash with him. You either hit em before their move comes out, or you lose. From my experience anyways.

And yea, the hang back and sweep method is hard to fight against. I just try to ease forward. They'll eventually throw out random attacks from half screen to try and stop a dash in. With Akira, I try to punish with [6][6][P]+[K] if I can since it gives a good stun if it lands, and they're not mashing mid punch reversals or good at reacting to that move.

2P is a blessing for him since it hits low and is fast. But, I don't think you need me giving advice on how to play with Akira, lol.

If you play on Xbox Rodnutz, we should get some games in. You too Soke if you still got the game. And anyone else here that plays on Xbox in the US.

2. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Shoooot. This game is amazing for casuals. Stun system equals auto combos for everyone. This the only game where I see hella people using random select and constantly switch characters. (I mean, people do it in SF. But there's only 3 types of characters in SF, really. Yun/Yang and rest of the 3rd strike characters are out of the box kinda characters though. But it's still mainly shoto type moves, charge moves and Zangief type stuff.) Not saying you don't have to learn combos n moves with DoA characters. But you can have a good amount of success playing a character you don't know how to use. At all.

I was struggling with my main (Kokoro) against this one cat using Tina. And I somehow ended up with Momiji who I never used or dojo'd with, and won 3 rounds straight with ease. Just doin PPPKK type stuff. He obviously wasn't a great player or nothin. But he just couldn't win against that randomness. Especially when moves lead to guaranteed strings. You just eat it all if you don't know where to counter.

Lots of the DoA players say people don't respect the game cause of the girl characters and focus on sex appeal. But I don't think that's too much of the case. But at the same time, VF has (in my opinon) thee most legit fighting system, yet low amount of players. Then there's Marvel with it's nonsense, and that has mad hype. So, I don't know.

I've said this before. But I honestly like the game, it's characters, move list and stages. But man. Lots of bs comes with it too that makes me wonder why I even play it. The side stepping annoys me cause yea, you can side step an attack. But against a string, you can't even recover in time to block. It's such a beautiful thing playing VF and evading to a crouch dash cancel after dealing with that. I still like playing DoA though. And I give props to the players who are good at it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Rodnutz likes this.
  3. def

def Well-Known Member

http://tmi.me/1e4Ngy
    OMG! I hope this is NOT an April Fool's joke, even if it is, i hope it comes true!

SilentNephilim likes this.
  4. tehmidcap

tehmidcap Member

DOA5U is an okay game.

The graphics/visuals are impressive. Some characters are interesting, and it's a pretty big list without half being just alternate costumes like Tekken. Holds are kind of cool. Story mode was kind of silly, but slightly interesting I guess (but who plays a fighting game for the story mode?). Online seems sturdy enough.

That being said, I find VF5FS to be vastly more deep, intricate, and true-to-life feeling. The mechanics and balancing are way more spot on. Characters are deeper and take longer to individually master. I bought DOA5U for $30 on demand a few days before i bought VF5FS -- for HALF the price mind you. I have probably 4-5 times more playing time in Virtua Fighter. DOA5U is too arcadey for my taste... Reg hits launch people too far, juggles are too easy, and no one should ever have a special charge up move that takes half your health -- may as well start adding lasers and fireballs too. Oddly enough I got into Virtua Fighter because of DOA5U (AM2's involvement, the characters, reading about the similarities between DOA's triangle system and VF's system), so I'm thankful to Dead or Alive for that.

DOA5U should allow same-console co-op tag matches against online opponents; I would probably play it more if that were an option. Even Tekken Tag Tournament 2 let's you do that, and that game sucks.

And as for DOA vs. VF... I would MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH rather prefer Virtua Fighter 6. Both would be fine.

EvenPit and BLACKSTAR like this.
  5. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

6. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Watched this on Facebook yesterday! This Mila was very inspiring.

Jacko likes this.
  7. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JackoRCB
    It's always a joy to see high level Mila play. Even though I merely dabble in this game on the F2P version, Mila's available for free until the 15th so I've been going ham with her. She's crrrrazy fun, fits my style beautifully. Her theme is awesome as well. On top of that, I'm a sucker for red heads, just like I am blondes *coughTinacough*.

Also, The tag system has fucking snap-backs (Force Out) a la Marvel? That's pretty cool. Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken Tag 2 need that badly.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    IcKY99 likes this.
  8. ICHIBANin10000

ICHIBANin10000 Well-Known Member

What I want to see is DoaUltimate for PS4 /Xbone. I bought Doa5 Day one. Is there a DLC to upgrade DoA Vanilla to Ultimate?

Most importantly, when playing DOA5 vanilla you can see the frame rate drop a lot. It's due to all the extra debris and geometry from the breakable objects. I'm the least anal techy guy there is and if even I notice the frame ate drop it is bad. I would get ultimate, but I'm holding out for the next gen version. This game needs it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  9. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Finally-My dream project, Project K is complete! My first combo video! To all my PSN-pals, my VF-hiatus is over!:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Been getting into this DOA5U if anyone wants to ad me that I don't already have.

Puno_de_Leyenda and Tha_FeauchA like this.
  11. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yoooooooo!!! That was dope! Great intro, great music, and that ouro, lol. I also liked how you used different costumes and stages (not just enviormental combo stages) to show the combos. The thing you used to display what inputs you were doing and the type of combo it was (on the top left) was awesome too. I'm glad you didn't have that huge black box in the middle of the screen like some combo videos have. It's annoyingly hard to watch em when they're like that.

S++ rank video man, lol. I'm so using this to help with my Kokoro.

Puno_de_Leyenda and Sorwah like this.
  12. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Thanks again bro! I'm glad you liked it!!! Akira + Kokoro 4eva!!! :D

13. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Awesome. Next time I see you playing DoA, I'll get on too.

You find a character yet? Or you still tryin em out..? Marie Rose is probably the closest thing to Eileen on that game. Kind of a shame it's $6 for her though. But I guess it'd be worth it if one liked the character. Be coo if they could somehow let us use her for free, but only in training mode and combo challenge so we could see if she's worth it to someone.

14. EvenPit

Actually I've been using Pia and am getting used to her a little. I used to use Ayane in DOA2 (best DOA), and I know knowing a second character is important so I'd probably run Ayane up front and Pai as anchor. I haven't tried Marie Rose though I saw some videos of her and I don't think I'd like her. Im still getting used to the hold system too its like everyone is Aoi sometimes guess it's just something you get used too?

15. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Maria Rose is very stiff and rigid, a defensive character that has the tools to win, but will ofc have to be nerfed cause not a male ninja. Maria is an offline only type of character imo, online is not ideal for her stuff because the frames don't hold up, and she isn't a powerhouse char like Sarah/Rachel. Not even close to Eileen in any conceivable way either and Eileen > Maria.

Finally checked the Mila vid, solid player, got away with far to many CB's, movement wasn't too good, maybe it got better in later matches, after the first two I lost interest since her mid punches were landing all day. Didn't notice much 6K+G to force mixup on holds, just lots of mid P. I've had the same type of combos since Vanilla, her kicks are nerfed to hell so I guess that's why the mid P spamfest, again only watched the first two games for above reasons. Good use of low circular to force nitaku, but that's more BnB type of stuff like the combos were.

I like @acebreaker Mila's stuff, maybe he'll upload more videos ^_^

For holds you want to bait them out and then throw punish them Even, damage is super massive if you throw punish the counter whiffs. I like Pai but think her 2K is garbage, all about that Momiji 2K CH!

EvenPit likes this.
  16. EvenPit

Thats good I really wasn not planning on buying her anyways. if it were actually Eileen I would I probably even buy Aoi if she was in there of available for download. Maybe some point in the future there would be download options for VF characters. I think I'll stick to Ayane in this one though thanks to Blackstar for the beating yesterday.And i was actually having trouble holding I just have to get used to all the character animations and then it should be easier.

steelbaz likes this.
  17. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Wait.. steelbaz, you bought Marie Rose? Never woulda thought that.

I don't have her. But looking at her command list with her hippity hoppity moves and hopping around mid string, rolling into stuff, along with that hop move to over head hit thing. It just reminds me of Eileen some the most out of the DoA characters. And I can't front. Her throws and reversals look dope.

18. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Nah didn't buy her, I played her for a week or so, a friend has her and a bunch POS Tina gear etc etc. I can't deal with endless nerfs so I don't play the game that much, but I thought i'd check her out and see what she was all about regardless. She's more of a skill character and needs better timing than several others of the cast. I don't like how rigid her combos are, and some other things. She is a new character and so far all of them have been nerfed, so I don't know what she'll end up like, or what any character in DOA will end up like for that matter.

19. BinDiesel

BinDiesel Member

You're right about the nerfs. When vanilla came out I played about 5 characters, all of which were systematically nerfed to hell. I almost never play 5U

But yeah Marie is basically a combination of Eileen and Lili, and for some reason she has a few of Sakura's moves.

steelbaz likes this.
  20. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    NO characters have been nerfed to hell in DOA5U. Everyone is viable.