1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

Discussion in 'General' started by Wiztick, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
  2. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Awesome stuff there! DOA has finally reached it's own "Final Showdown" so to speak!

It also looks like there's some new stuff like some returning stages from older DOA games, like that one from DOA 2 on the rooftop at sunset! New hair customizations for the girls and at long last the designs from the at least the 1st costume contest have begun to make their way into the game!

Can't wait! :D

3. def

def Well-Known Member

Wasn't an outfit for Sarah one of the winning costumes. I remember it being very unique, she sort of looked like someone from a primitive time period, she had like a skinned fur coat on her and I think a skull, and also a different hair style. I know it's an outfit i didn't vote for, but i'm always welcoming of whatever new outfits she receives.

I'm also hoping this new version of DOA5 sees the VF characters receive their remaining VF5 outfits (aside from their S costumes). Sarah, Akira, and Pai's E Costumes and Jacky's B Costume.

Puno_de_Leyenda likes this.
  4. def

def Well-Known Member

5. Project Bokuho

Project Bokuho Active Member

PSN:
    HelloMrBokiHoki
    XBL:
    Project Bokuho
    Yes. Some of the costumes from the first costume contest will be in the game. I'm sure the Halloween contest costumes will be in as well.

6. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Yup, this is the one you're referring to:

[​IMG]

Agreed on that Costume E suggestion!

Check out this combo video for the awesome new character- NyoTengu!:

7. iHajinShinobi

iHajinShinobi Member

PSN:
    iHajin
    XBL:
    II Hajin II
    For those interested in learning Ayane, I'll be doing a tutorial stream this Sunday at 6pm PST. You can find the information for topics and stream link in this thread here;

http://www.freestepd...inshinobi.4838/

Uncle_Kitchener and IcKY99 like this.
  8. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

There will be a playable demo at The Fall Classic in Raleigh, NC on October 10th.

Berzerk likes this.
  9. def

def Well-Known Member

Should we start a DOA5 Last Round thread, since we did this thread after the Vanilla version of DOA5?

We can compile all the known info so far. I saw on some demo videos off of youtube that I think there's an option to actually see and select hair styles and accessories without just holding a button in order to do it.

10. Sorwah

Sorwah Well-Known Member

Yeah they're bringing over the Arcade outfit/sidestep select system.

def and Puno_de_Leyenda like this.
  11. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    We could do one now if you want, and we can just use this one for DOA5U stuff until
    DOA5: LR releases.

Here's some DOA5U Japanese Arcade gameplay-Featuring some good Ryu Hayabusa, and VF-character action among others!:

12. def

def Well-Known Member

Any users on this site go to TGS? If so, did any of you play DOA5LR and was there anything new for the VF characters or DOA characters that hasn't been made known yet or at least not by most fans? I mean content or little known features that weren't obvious from the announcement trailer or the demos posted on Youtube?

Also if it has those character select screen features from the Arcade version, I hope it has the game over/continue count down as well as the pics of characters next to the health bars.

On a bit of a side note, here's what I'm hoping for the VF characters:
    -"E" costumes for Sarah, Akira, and Pai and Jacky's "B" costume
    -Their remaining intro and win poses.
    -More hair style options like Sarah's down hair option similar to her Halloween costume (basically the same style minus the large hat)

13. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    No new LR TGS info here as far as I know.

The game over countdown and stuff would be cool and the little character pics by the lifebars. Moreover, I'd like to see them change up the defeat poses...It probably wouldn't happen in LR, but I'd like to see them become more unique, like VF's defeat poses rather than all the awkward positions and heavy breathing. lol

Also would like to see all of those VF things that you mentioned added in as well!

Here's a really special online session between one of the best DOA AKira players-DestructionBomb, one of the best DOA Pai players-Codemaster92163 and Master-USA's top Ryu Hayabusa player-Starts @26:07:

Also, wanted to bring together all of these awesome combo vids from Emperor Cow for anyone interested in maybe playing with these characters:

Shun Di players, you'll love this guy:

Wolf players, you'll enjoy playing as her:

Kage users, you may like him or one of the other several ninja in the game:

Jean Kujo fans, she'll be a great fit for you:

Jeffry/Wolf/Taka Players may like him:

Brad Burns/Vanessa players, try her out:

Aoi players, you'll love her:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  14. def

def Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  15. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    I'm still shell-shocked that Team Ninja actually put my Kabuki Akira design in the game(Although, they changed it some)! That is really awesome of them!

Here' s another new Emperor Cow Combo Vid:

A Muay Thai user that Brad Burns players may find interest in-

Tha_FeauchA likes this.
  16. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Yo man I thought that costume looked familiar. Congrats yo! That's pretty awesome. It looks really good too (from what I've seen of it). Definitely one of the best ones of the Halloween set.

I was hoping for something good for Phase-4. But she just lookin like Phase-whore now, hahah. I kind of saw it coming, but I still held out some hope she'd get something classy. Ahh well.

From what I can see of Kokoros. She's lookin pretty classy. So that's coo. Lookin forward to seeing what the rest of her outfit looks like.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  17. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    Thanks bro!!! Yeah, they changed some things up, but it looks really cool so far! I'm psyched!:
    [​IMG]

LOL @ the Phase-4 comment, yeah, most of the girls got the least classy ones...Although Momiji and Kokoro were a couple exceptions and they(Who you mentioned) are both great!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DOA5U Pools streaming from The Fall Classic are live now! Come check out some DOA at the highest level!:
    http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  18. Puno_de_Leyenda

PSN:
    Seikuken
    The DLC is out now! Here's a trailer!:

19. Virtua Kazama

Virtua Kazama Well-Known Member

PSN:
    VirtuaKazama
    XBL:
    Virtua Kazama
  20. def

def Well-Known Member

Anyone have any info on new costumes, hairstyles, win/intro poses for the VF characters like the E Costumes for Sarah, Akira, and Pai, and Jacky's B Costume? or Sarah having her hair down without having to play as her in 2013 Halloween costume>