1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

dear god, i've been doing this all wrong (ds sabaki and throw stuff)

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by shinryu_returns, May 10, 2013.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Spam is predictable by definition.

pana, MarlyJay and MakiLeSushi like this.
  2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    U re right rpanda i totally agree with you. But sabaki is definitly a good way to deal with it too.

3. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I guess it's a matter of definition ^^: spamming for me I meant a hit done again and again : but not always the same timing :so you can predict it (for example you know 6P will be done) but you don't predict when it's done (and eat a CH if your spamming opponent can predict your rythm).

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If someone is continually hitting me with the same move, often CH, i wouldn't call it spam. To me it would mean they're outplaying me.

I wouldn't recommend anyone overuse Any type of sabaki with Vanessa. None of them are particularly quick so they tend to have to be good calls. for 1P in particular, if you suspect a low the reward for blocking low is almost certainly higher.

Ellis, Chefboy_OB, R_Panda and 2 others like this.
  5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Hi, i just added a section about vane's sabaki in the wiki, essentially a cop out, since I just acknowledge their existence and point out to Kaibutsu's individual listing of the moves.

So I now have an awkward request :cautious:: could someone write up a short blurb about how her DS sabakis are supposed to be used? As evidenced by this thread and others I am really not the ideal person to do this...

If there are no volunteers I'll just have to cite @Alstein's post as it appears to be the most insightful one without committing too much either.

Ellis likes this.