1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defeating Jacky

Discussion in 'Jacky' started by RafaelLew, May 29, 2013.

1. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Any tips for defeating a master jacky?

2. WolfKing

WolfKing Well-Known Member

PSN:
    HotRod666
    nerves of steel. that' s all. practice practice practice. know your enemy.

RafaelLew likes this.
  3. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    go in dojo, learn how to deal with all his moves. But u have to know, jacky in vf is like Neo in Matrix =)

RafaelLew and steelbaz like this.
  4. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    The first thing you need to realize is that everyone plays differently (for the most part) The best advice I can give you is to play as Jacky sometimes and learn his moves/mix-ups in training mode. I don't think Jacky is that powerful in this game because I have some knowledge of him cause I use to main him(got bored with him). Learn his -15,-16, and -18 moves so you can punish him. And his somersault is over -21:eek: ( launch his azz)

RafaelLew likes this.
  5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

[​IMG]

As said before, everyone plays differently.. Be patient, Jacky doesn't have many tools to use if opponent just blocks with a throw escape. Learning to duck his highs and punishing punishable moves goes a long way. Work on your whiffpunishment.

EvenPit, VFnumbers and Chibiaya like this.
  6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Is this about a specific character? There isn't any reason for it to be in the PSN forum and you'd get better answers in the Dojo forum. Let me know and i'll move it to the appropriate place.

7. JinKs81

JinKs81 Well-Known Member

Don't fight. No fight no loss. You can't fight something that's faster than a lightning.

KrsJin likes this.
  8. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez

That was a joke right? if not, ....

If you want to learn how to fight jacky, do the following things.

*See what jacky is hitting you with: If the jacky player is hitting you with certain moves, Go into training mode and find out what those moves are and how you can defend them.

* Learn to whiff punish better: As manjimaru said in his earlier post, this is very important to beating a good jacky player. Actually its quite universal to every character but you get the point

* Go to the Jacky section of this forum and read up and watch videos. There is tons of media around about how to fight Jacky and learning how you can defend against him. You just have to take the time to look at that information. Most of that information has been posted by myself.

Doing these things should give you a better idea of how to fight the character. The only thing keeping you from beating a jacky player is your own lack of knowledge of beating the character.

Chanchai and VFnumbers like this.
  9. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Only vs Jacky offline where the frames hold up, that should solve a lot of your problems.

RafaelLew likes this.
  10. Darksoul173

Darksoul173 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darksoul173
    Everytime he goes on the offense go to Brazzers and start watching some vids
    if that still won't work, start a torrent download one that got many leechers

11. RafaelLew

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Thats a point.

steelbaz likes this.
  12. RafaelLew

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    Im new here, think i posted in the wrong section. Sorry.

13. RafaelLew

PSN:
    RafaelLew
    A friend of mine (PSN Themkr) plays amazingly well with jacky and im trying to learn something to get more chances in the next fight. Thank you all for the tips!

leftylizard and WolfKing like this.
  14. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

- Not that it's all that I do but I really like to hide behind lazy TE vs Jacky quite a bit more so than some other characters. His throws don't hurt you too much for guessing wrong and his lows don't deal knockdowns or heavy damage.
    - Of course his 1P can do some stuff with SS but it not too much to worry about. If you get hit by something out of it, try to realize why. At least I can't guard SS 2K on reaction so that stuff lands on me.
    - His 1K+G sweep is also - on normal hit.
    - Know when you are at advantace if Jacky does SS and when not. If you can react to the former then you get free hits if you do it on reaction. Quite hard really, but if you have a move that launches Jacky for trying anything or just hits him for not then you're fine. Again this is some stuff you just have to know (now that I think about it, why can't we get accurate values for stance transitions in the command list?).-+,

15. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Finally someone who has a brain. I'm glad you mentioned that Jacky's throws don't do any real damage and his lows aren't really that great(I think his 1p is minus on normal hit also). Blocking and TE is a very effective defensive option against him.

Maybe some people will finally see that Jacky is not OP. Most people just repeat that Jacky is OP cause they hear someone else say it. They don't even know what over powered really means. Lion has better lows AND a better throw game than Jacky. Not to mention that Lion also has a guard break which Jacky doesn't. Taka has a foward AND backward throws that do 80 dmg and the range on his 33p is ridiculous,and you can lose half your health if Taka catches your back dash with k ,but these bums still want to insist that Jacky is OP,smh.

16. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez

Not a single person called you a name yet here you are insulting people lol. Because you can't actually make a valid point. Do you even know why Jacky is a good character? Because from what i can see you have yet to state why jacky is good.

Combolammas also didnt say that jacky wasn't OP, He gave advice on what he does vs him. Yes he has a brain but I fail to see where his ability to state the things he does makes him smarter than anyone else?

Let's try to understand what makes jacky a good character.

* can convert damage probably better than 99% of the cast in this game.
    * probably the best whiff punisher in the game in 6k and beat knuckle and 4k+g
    * has amazing spacing tools
    *Great options against sidesteppers and constent evade dash cancellers
    * Crazy pressure game

Lows aren't what make Jacky a good character, his highs and mids make Jacky a good character. His highs will force people to have to block low or crouch his move to open them up to his various strong knockdown mids that lead to insane wake up game. Yeah eating lows from jacky is no big deal but why would a jacky player use 1p in the first place? Simple, It crushes high attacks and has alot of range. The sweep is good because people get annoyed by it even if they rent trying to.

Sideturned, Jacky is a freaking monster. But that is for another day. Very few characters can take full advantage of the things that jacky can. Jacky doesn't need a guardbreak when he has unblockables that lead to insane sideturned and meaty situations respectively.

Cozby likes this.
  17. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I just like to guard and wait for the eventual flipkick and then kill him.

Chibiaya likes this.
  18. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

-He has one of the best if not THE best low punish in the game (can use BK on -16)
    -He has lot of good strings (Compare 1P+K string with jeff mid strings like 3PP and laugh :p )
    -His reverse nitaku risk reward is really good when you take into account 6K damage and his weight class. Which means if he guess a throw he will get a lot of damage and if you get a CH you will probably do the same damage if not less even though you had advantage, got a CH AND used your best/risky launcher.
    -Doesn't he have 2 60pts throws with different directions ?
    -P+K is a bitch because you have to wait for a potential followup before punishing the first hit (that is only -10) so you won't even have a "free" throw attempt most of the time.

He doesn't have a guard break but K+K 2K+G can do the job for low damage but with anti evade properties.

19. Chibiaya

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    But chibitox! He obviously isnt an OP character... =\

20. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I wouldn't even say it's 6K that makes him a counter Nitaku threat, but 7K and mostly 6P+K. They're both 14f and give or lead to big damage on CH. Better be frame tight against Jacky. Know that if you delay your attack you risk eating a CH and losing a third to half of your health.

Very much a top character but by no means unbeatable. You do need to have your stuff together and know how to play an offence with minimal gaps and a defence with minimal vulnerabilities.

Of course if you're playing a Jacky who knows what they're doing and you're a player who isn't totally sure how much advantage/disadvantage you have at a particular moment you'll struggle. But then this can be true against a player who knows what they're doing using any character.

leftylizard likes this.