1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defending with Goh

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Leonard_McCoy, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Let's use this thread to collect some info about the various ways you can defend with Goh.

I'll make the beginning with a chart that I've taken from my newest post on Goh Notes.

The graphic is divided into three segments: fuzzy, CD-fuzzy, and ETEG. Practically, I've looked up the frame data of Goh moves on block and put them then into the categories according to what is possible defense-wise in those disadvantageous situations.

Basically, it narrows down to three steps or alert phases that, in accord with the three segments above: green alert (stay cool!), yellow alert (ouch!), red alert (get the fuck outta here!).

This is, of course, only a general guide line and not the holy gospel truth. After all, opponents always react differently according to their habits.

Note: the three phases or groups do not necessarily exclude each other. Whenever you can fuzzy, you can, of course also fuzzy-guard and ETEG on top of it. However, once you get to yellow alert, you can't answer with Fuzzy Guard from the green alert phase, and so on (self-explanatory?).

[​IMG]

2. Anarkira

Anarkira Well-Known Member

Go Lenny! Still going strong I see. Keep up the good work!

3. Leonard_McCoy

Will do, will do! [​IMG]

4. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be doing TEG at -12 and over?

5. Leonard_McCoy

Well, you could. But, in hope of evading mids (mostly 14 frames or more), you could as well ETEG to gain the advantage and avoid all linear attacks (whether low, mid or high > 12 f).

6. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Also, ETEG works online at -17.

lol

7. Leonard_McCoy

In terms of defense, once I get a grip on my opponent's behavioral patterns for punishment, I become more and more confident in using every kind of technique to instantly turn the table on my opponent in a for me disadvantageous situation to score highly against him. That means incorporating Sabaki Throw Escapes after ETEg-worthy moves if I know what's coming or, in offense, to punish more variedly with delayed attacks or (half-)circulars. In particular, [4][4][P] has proven to be feasible as it's putting Goh into his backturned guessing-game trap.

8. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i remember reading this long time ago
    ( :

Leonard
    I use this combo after tsukami release because after the release each and evrytime u will be in OPEN STANCE.

46 P, P, 6 PP.. although ground attk is not guaranteed, its hard to tech. does 2 more points than the shoulder ram, plus ground attack is possible.. but not guaranteed.. kinda like ending it with 6 P+K, but harder for some reason

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    <object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9t-EicZV6b4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9t-EicZV6b4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

10. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I don't know if that ruined my lunch or made it better...

11. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

I love that he in a jail cell.

12. Leonard_McCoy

[4][6][P] > [P][G] > [6][P][P] -- that's a nice find, Mack. 2 points of extra damage for a universal combo that works for all characters (excluding Wolf and Jeffry) after a Tsukami release is not to be scoffed at.

13. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    or u can do K+G btw for better oki as they will be SIDETURN when they wake up, for better postioning.

neways, I didnt know this but.

if u crouch fuzzy u will get hit by 11frame and 2p.
    its wierd.. cus u can duck with a regular fuzzy the 2p and p....??
    it has made me have a new look at minus -6

14. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

A crouch dash takes 6 frames before you enter a crouching state and can cancel it with guard. Since you're -6 to begin with, you have 6 frames before you can act then add 6 frames for the crouch dash before you can guard = 12 frames where you are not guarding and not considered crouching.

When you crouch with [2] you enter a crouching state after only 0 frames against high and low attacks, hence you can't be hit with [P] or [2][P]

15. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    thanks for the info jeneric.

never knew that. no wonder i would get hit by 2p and p. evry bit counts in VF it goes a long way.

Sometimes also i see alot of vids where -6 just a regular FUZZY.. but i assume that was based on HITBOX DISTANCE. like k at the distance u would start the round.