1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defense with GT

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Lucky_GT, Nov 12, 2012.

1. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Thanks!

2. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

The roll won't duck throws after -4, it ducks high at -6 but that's not what matters here.;)

3. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    You're right, I don't know how I tested it ^^", but it seems 6P+K+G does duck throws at -4 but not at -5/ -6 where it ducks high punch ( making sense with high punch having 2 frames more than normal throws).
    About the 4P+K+G input I agree it seems the better possible reward ( you can't get CH out of it either).
    Sorry about polluting this thread with goh's stuff ^^"

4. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Been playing Shun and felt I should mention he has some extra nitaku defense options I didn't know about previously. 6P+K+G can duck throws in nitaku but forces Shun into crouch so you will get +6 for an elbow.

1/7P+K+G can also evade mids in nitaku and should be considered. This will generally lose to instant throw though.

Pai and Akira also have reversal TE in nitaku which I didn't mention previously.

Tricky, Chanchai and BlackGeneral like this.
  5. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Brad has P+K+G (TE).

ExzetyXat1 likes this.
  6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I hate this so much. Denkai kills me with this. My hate for this move is just so high, I'm salty just thinking about it.

This I love.

7. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I'm all late!

I'm looking at this thread again a year later, and I'm finally understanding how good this GT tech is! So good!