1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Defensive moves and sidestepping properties

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by VF2011, Feb 27, 2012.

1. VF2011

VF2011 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    M-F-B
    Something I've been wondering lately is if all characters sidestep at the same speed? And do they sidestep the same distance to the opponents side?

Also, is there a sort of "tier list" for defensive moves. I use Sarah and I've noticed that because she leaves her leg stretched out when she sidesteps for the defensive move I sometimes get hit before I make contact.

A character like Akira for example has a very good dm when he swings right around the opponent and knocks them down on impact. So is there a list of best to worst or something along those lines?

2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

There actually is a ranking, but I don't think anybody has made it. I know eileen's DMPK eats low punches for breakfast. The reason you might not see so much talk about DMPK here is because the moves for the most part are not worth the potential risk often. They have their place, but it's very far and few between.

3. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    In original VF5, sidestep is the same speed for all the characters.