1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Did you buy the Customization Packs?

Discussion in 'Console' started by jijilip, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Wakke

Wakke Active Member

1 word: Japan.

I agree with you though.

2. Berty33

Berty33 Member

XBL:
    Berty33
    Bought all the customisation stuff, about a week after getting the game. I know it shouldn't matter, but the 2 default costumes just weren't enough for me, I'm a sucker for customisation in any game.

I do tend to avoid using any of the glowing, floating or sparkling stuff, but I do like Goh's shoulder crow a lot.

3. Wingman

Wingman Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Wingman_SRK
    I'm also a big fan of Lau's baby dragon on his shoulder.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Member

Bought both just to support Sega and VF. Wasn't really planning on playing this one much even though I love it, due to time constraints. Hell I might not be picking up TTT2 and I'm an old tournament player from back in the Tekken 3 and TTT days. Having said this, I find myself slowly getting sucked into VF again... it's just too damn good. I wish I could get more of my friends into this, but it just too hard since a ton of them are your usual fighting game morons who like a specific game or two and think the rest is trash.

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    I like making my characters look ridiculous and there's nothing you can do about it! You're not my real dad!

6. FuryofFrog

FuryofFrog Member

PSN:
    FuryofFrog
    Complete Edition on PSN all the way. I'm always extremely amused by the crazy costumes online. I have yet to notice anyone who has bought only a single costume pack. Kind of counter intuitive to do it that way.

7. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    I was just gonna get the Pai one for 400, but then realised you need them all, to see them all! Must be boring as heck playing through a few hundred matches plus in the same togs, although I run into people on there on there who seem to be doing as such. I think a good way to go about it if cash is in an issue, is to buy half (1200mp) including the character you play most, then see how you feel a few weeks down the line. Even with characters you barely ever play, seeing some of their outfit possibilities can be fun, and you never know, might just make you start learning them :)

8. Jinzer0

Jinzer0 Active Member

I just bought both packs last Friday, but maybe I should have bought one and got my Gold service turned back on instead? Oh wells I'm SO enjoying the customizations on VF5:FS, I don't have TTT2 yet, but I heard the customizatons on TTT2 aren't as good as VF5:FS. Can any of you confirm/deny that statement?

9. nou

nou Well-Known Member

They should add an option to let you choose whether or not you want to see your opponent's customs. Some are just outright garbage.

10. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    What harm does it do? Suck it up and play.

MarlyJay likes this.
  11. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    I dressed Goh in a loincloth with the ball winpose and you're gonna sit there and watch it.

*crotch thrust*

Elite likes this.
  12. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Having options isn't bad.

13. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

The funny part is, I'd probably use the option to not see Femto's costumes :p There are only so many loincloths I can take...

14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I just have one Rape Man custom.

15. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

You know Femto, it's really a shame the Avatars don't animate no more. :)

Chanchai likes this.
  16. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    I thought nobody bought them, and I'd be the only one. I got the core game because it was on sale. I'll pick up the bundles if they do the same. I have to support myself before I can support Sega..

17. aldazo

aldazo Member

Somebody knows if a customization pack bought from PSN Hongkong would work on a VF5FS bought on PSN US?

18. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    Alrighty. Got pack 2 on the way.

19. Akatsuki.Shark

Akatsuki.Shark New Member

XBL:
    TTVeRDaNT
    I heve most of packs but really use only 1 for Jean

20. Andramelech

XBL:
    Andramelech
    I got both packs and was disappointed, until I saw costume settings.. there's the bikinis!