1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

DiRT 4

Discussion in 'General' started by Kruza, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    DiRT 4 is coming!

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-4/

I had my reservations about DiRT 4 since I didn't really care for all of the DiRT games I played prior to DiRT Rally. (I was a big time Colin McRae Rally series fan.)

However, reading some feedback comments from Codemasters staff members has reassured me that the simulation and realism aspects of DiRT Rally will not be forgotten during the development of DiRT 4. In fact, Codemasters look to combine the best of both worlds (sim & assist-heavy handling) into one huge package for this game.

I don't care much for all the other modes stuff that's being added to DiRT 4 -- just give me a Rally racing mode akin to DiRT Rally with all those Online Challenges events/features and leaderboards, and I'm set.

I was really digging racing on Pikes Peak in DiRT Rally, but Hillclimb is a different racing discipline and unfortunately I don't think this course will make it on DiRT 4. I really hope I'm wrong about this, though!

Kruza

2. cobratron

cobratron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Dirt Rally is my first game in the genre since Sega Rally back in the day. Picked it up soley to play in VR with a racing rig and it is amazing. Better to me than Project Cars as a VR racing title. Would be interested to see what Dirt 4 is going to be like.

Though a lot different I also really enjoyed Euro Truck Simulator.

Chief_Flash and Kruza like this.
  3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    So you're playing racing games with the PSVR unit?! Nice!

Regarding DiRT 4, there seems to be more emphasis places on Rallycross discipline while the Hillclimb discipline is totally absent. The Landrush discipline from the early DiRT games are brought back in 4. There is info about a stage creation tool called "Your Stage" and a open field obstacle course called the "Dirtfish" area that are also in development.

There is more info posted at Codemasters DiRT website.

DiRT 4 Road Book: https://dirtgame.com/blog/6061

Kruza

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    cobratron likes this.
  4. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    @Kruza let me rape u in Dirt. U got it for PC?

Kruza likes this.
  5. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    Yo yo u got pCARS??? let's play! :holla:

cobratron likes this.
  6. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza

lmao @ the mere thought of being raped in Dirt. Nah, I'm on Xbox One.

Kruza

Chief_Flash likes this.
  7. cobratron

I have PSVR but have Dirt Rally for the Oculus Rift. The sucky thing is since I bought Dirt Rally and pCARS goty edition on Oculus Home store I unable to play online against people with the Steam version. Its up to the devs of those games to allow cross platform play since other games on Oculus VR are cross play with Steam and even PSVR. Also the online community for Dirt rally/pCARS is miniscule compared to Steam but its slowly getting bigger as more people buy Rifts.

Chief_Flash and Kruza like this.
  8. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Here is a more informative video on DiRT 4 (save for the release date gaffe, heh):

No Pikes Peak appearance confirmed for DiRT 4. Damn.

Edit: I forgot to clarify why this is the case. In the YouTube video above, someone commented and provided a link to show that Sony has bought the license for Pikes Peak. So it's a near certainty that the Gran Turismo series will feature it exclusively.

Kruza

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Chief_Flash likes this.
  9. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Here is another good preview video showing side-by-side pictures of DiRT Rally and DiRT 4:

Edit: Just added another YouTube video on DiRT 4. Best one to date!

Kruza

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    cobratron likes this.
  10. cobratron

Sucks about Pikes Peak :(

D4 looks suprisingly better than DR which was already really impressive.

And VR support was injected into DR almost a year after release so I'm sure D4 has it programmed in from the outset this time. Pretty exciting

11. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    forget DIRT son. its over.

cobratron and Kruza like this.
  12. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Interesting trailer for Project CARS 2! That game is going to need its own thread.

Kruza

cobratron likes this.
  13. cobratron

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  14. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I forgot to add these two gameplay video of DiRT 4. Both have been out for a while, but they're still good nonetheless.

Kruza

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  15. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    A new video has been uploaded describing Your Stage mode:

Kruza

16. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
  17. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    sup @Kruza @cobratron? This run is weak AF! still fun doe! :holla:

get on pCARS2 when it comes out son! Let's RACE!!!!

18. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
  19. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Man, I'm jealous of that car racing setup you have. Got a clutch pedal too, huh? Damn!

I really like the way the screen pans in the direction that you're about to make a turn. Very cool to see that going on in DiRT Rally VR.

Kruza

Chief_Flash likes this.
  20. cobratron

Sick vids. Havent played this in a good while but i need to jump back in soon.

Chief_Flash likes this.