1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does Akira have a move in VF1 inputting G+K? If so what is the command input?

Discussion in 'Akira' started by BarkeyForeman, Jul 28, 2014.

1. BarkeyForeman

BarkeyForeman New Member

I decided to search for my manual for the VF Remix movelist. I couldn't find the manual but I found the jewel case the game came in which not only had all the movelists but even had a few not mentioned both in the manual and what I can find in arcade panels and faqs.

One of the attacks in the jewel case is named Doppa Chositsu and its described as being executed with ►►G+K. Not mentioned in the manual and I tried executing it but all that happens is the first kick of Renkan Tai or even nothing at all.

However I am not dismissing such a move because in a strategy wiki page for VF1, they list a similar move.

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Virtua_Fighter/Moves

Except instead of ►►G+K, the wiki lists it as ▼◄Hold► G+K and its unnamed.

I tried executing it to but with futility.

So does a move that utilized simultaneous pressing of G and K exist for Akira's commands in VF1?If so what is the actual input (assuming the jewel case and wiki page is wrong)? How is the animation supposed to look like?

In addition assuming the jewel case's execution of the move is the proper way to execute it, I have to state in addition to ►►G+K, the case states to "release G immediately after tapping it". What does it mean by this? Its confusing and I tried to quickly let go of G ASAP tapping G+K but what often came out is the first Renkan Tai Kick. If I merely held both buttons rather than releasing all that happens is a forward dash followed by Akira immediately guarding.

I need help seriously!

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    the additional instruction - releasing G after K+G, sounds like this is Akira's classic knee. it's difficult to do on pad, but you're supposed to release G 1 frame (or 1/60th of 1 second) after K+G. don't release K, just G. it's sorta tricky.

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

It is his knee. if you are practicing that move ensure that you are close to your opponent when executing. Whether a quirk of programming, intentional coding, or my false memory, it seemed that you had to be close to your opponent when performing the move or it would fail.

cruzlink2 likes this.