1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody have the current sales figures for xbox, GC, ps2, ps1?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Looking to show a friend that xbox is getting handled.

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Xbox is killing GC sales-wise, that's all I know for sure.

3. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

In Europe and the US it is(over here its gotten so bad with the GC that some of the mayor retailers and chains want to drop it altogether).
    In Japan however the GC is selling a lot better then the XBox.

4. Shadowdean

Interesting, any predictions on who will win the next round? I see MS breaking even with Sony, which would be a HUGE victory in Japan and dominating everywhere else.

5. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

rofl, xbox breaking even with PS2.

i really dont see that happening, the PS2 has the most ridiculous lead in console war history. a 40 million installed user base that was announced about 6 months ago probably itll be 50-55 this past holiday season will be hard to break even to. This is installed user base, not units shipped.

6. Shadowdean

Dude, take a little time...I was not talking about this round in the console war, I was talking about when xbox 2 and ps3 hit the market.
    God i need to finish these retarded papers...

7. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

About four months ago I heard some figures on Good Morning America or something that had ps2 at 40 million sold through and Gamecube & XBox neck and neck at 15 million & 14 million, respectively. Though they didn't say, I assumed these to be worldwide figures...subject of course to my occasionally unreliable memory.

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

These are up till last august I remember and are actual sell trough numbers, mind you worldwide XBox has now closed up the gap with GC and is likely to pass GC installed base early in 2k3 unless Nintendo seriously improves theyre sales, sales for the GC have been horrid the last few months while those of the XBox have been steadily rising, so much so that it manages to outsel the PS2 from time to time in some PAL markets, also dont believe the bulshit Sony numbers etcetera, as you can clearly see they are nowhere near 40million last august, let alone 6 months ago.

USA
    XBX 3,100,212¹
    GCN 2,495,841¹
    PS2 11,819,000¹

Japan
    XBX 276,700²
    GCN 2,088,053²
    PS2 9,926,278²

Europe
    XBX 700,000³
    GCN 850,000³
    PS2 9,000,000³

Total
    XBX 4,080,012 10.13%
    GCN 5,433,894 13.49%
    PS2 30,745,278 76.36%

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

OUCH. I "remembered" an extra 10 million for the xbox & gc. Thanks for the correction. Funny how things have grown...back in the 32X/3DO/Jaguar days the talk was about a 1 million unit sold through benchmark that would guarantee a systems future.