1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Does the Virtua Fighter 5 Card system require All.Net network connection?

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by gamemaster14, Mar 16, 2016.

1. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    I have heard to use the card system in Virtua Fighter 4 you need the sega network connection for anything with it to work. So basically a home user would not be able to do it even with the proper cards and readers.

Does anyone know if Virtua Fighter 5 on Lindbergh requires the network connection to use the customizable items and card system or are there versions of the game without that requirement?

2. Harpooneer

Harpooneer Well-Known Member

XBL:
    poisonhorse
    @cruzlink2 @Sudden_Death These guys probably know for sure, but I recall that we used the card system on VF4 Final Tuned together on a naomi board that was not connected to the internet. We had cards and readers. I know we could use cards that already had costumes, but I'm not sure if you can make costumes without the network.

3. cruzlink2

cruzlink2 Well-Known Member

The network needed is now defunct, the cards we used worked but they had a 500 match limit then we would have to make new ones. Problem with making a new is the the system to make them is no longer in place. So yes you can use old cards for FT if they still have games left in them. Some of us here in NY have cards from back in the days one of our buddies went to Japan on business and made us cards. That was years and years ago, now VFnet is dead so no way to make new cards for FT. Also to answer your question about the lindbergh and VF5, not long ago the VF network system for Final Showdown was taken down. There is still card stations in the arcades but I believe it was posted here that the network was taken down by sega.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    oneida likes this.
  4. gamemaster14

gamemaster14 Member

PSN:
    GM14NeoExtreme
    XBL:
    Gamemaster14XIV
    So I take it, that without the VF5 network being active even hooking a card reader to a Sega Lindbergh system will not allow you to customize your characters since that's all setup through the network which no longer exists?