1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

dojo's exercices

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by MakiLeSushi, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I don't fully understand what you mean ... Cam you try breaking down what you're looking for?

2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hm ok. What i wanna practice is backdash + ecdc. So the dojo drill i made was vs goh. I recorded him 3 time doing
    1. 6p>1kp
    2. 6p>1k>p+g
    3. 6p>5
    The exercice was to block the 6p then backdash and evade. For number one i have to backdash & evade the 1kp. Number 2 backdash & evade the 1k and add a fuzzy to avoid the throw. And number 3 just succeed a backdash & ecdc.
    After few tries i found it too easy.
    So my request is for this kind of exercice coz mine isn t very elaborate.
    I want an exercice which i have to do backdash + ecdc the fastest possible if i want to succeed the exercice. I hope it s more understandable now lol

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    What exactly is the point of backdashing in this practice? o_O

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Same as Unicorn, I don't see the point of backdash canceling when you are at advantage.
    It makes more sense to use a setup where you are a disadvantage, even better to use a mid-mid, have the first one blocked then BD-ECD by setting the cpu to react with elbow.

SDE can NOT hit a backdash even from point blank.Set CPU on backdash counter, try to SDE him, good luck. :)
    If it hits you it's because you attacked out of backdash and Akira did 66666P or delayed 666P which means you have been yomied.

you can also try a more ghetto setup: record
    -Goh blocking a split second, then 3KP
    -Goh blocking then 3K-->throw.

As Vanessa use a mid-mid string, do the first hit, goh should block and immediately 3K--> something. U will need some retries to get the timing good but it works.

The mid-mid is important imo, as your opponent will hesitate on what to do because of the possible second hit, which will give you more opportunity/time to backdash. At point blank if you use a single hit move there is not much sense in backdashing since you'll still be throwable most of the time.

Also I think you are talking about 3KP not 1KP ;)

5. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    to explain: as u know i m a pad player so my inputs are slower than stick or hitbox player that s the reason why i m trainin first being positive. i wanna work this inputs step by step. I know it makes more sense to use it at disadvantage guies. As i always did i need to practice it step by step. 448/233 isn t so easy to succeed for a pad player. (i m not kingo lol) then i ll try when i m at 0 and then after i ll try when i m at disadvantage.
    U re right @Chibitox it s 3KP
    @Unicorn The point is to avoid some string or moves with big range exemple goh 3K or akira's 666p. Until today i used only backdash when (for exemple) tried to side hit wit os 66k+g then i backdash and ppl who usually play with me knows for it and punish me. Also when my 6_K is blocked. So i wanna more options being in defensive situation. Yes there still that nitaku situation and i can try to hit or stay on guard, i know it but i wanna more options and this one seems to be the safetiest.
    Edit: Chibi there is an option for the cpu to counterattack with a specific move or do I have to record it?

6. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    @MakiLeSushi Oh I see
    Ok, then I will recommend to try vs Wolf.
    Program him to do (from starting position, no dash or whatever): 3P BH / 3P 3K / 3P 46P. Then block 3P and perform backdash cancel into evade towards wolfs back into dash cancel guard.
    Your goal is to block 3P and the backdash out of throw range / evade into side kick but cancel evade in time to block it / evade 46P. If 3K will be to fast for the beginning, swap it for 3K+G.
    Should be good starting practice I believe.

7. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok let s try for it. Once i succeed, do i have to replace 3p by my 6P?

8. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    you may let him hit you with his 3P on NH, but I am not sure if you will not be forced to replace BH with 6P+G then (BH have bigger reach)
    I may try later today

9. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    i will don t worry.

10. Strider786

Strider786 Well-Known Member

I found a drill posted by @Tricky like 2 years ago in an old OEC thread (Look up OEC here ;))

The drill:

Tricky likes this.
  11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

omg I totally forgot about that. More fun things to practice in dojo.

Strider786 likes this.
  12. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  13. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    wow, I just bumped into this thread, I'm using the dojo mostly for studying advantage/dis, counter hit, combos and strings, I know very little about recording other characters moves.

Seems like many advanced players do that though , wow., But don't you have to be good enough with the character you're recording to pull off the moves :(

That stops me dead in the water, I can barely pull off all my own characters moves (and I only use Lei Fei) , I can't imagine trying to record, Akira, Shun, Kage. etc LOL.

Everytime I think I know a little about the game, I find out, I really only know a little about the game :)

I guess it would be nice if you could download somebody else's recording :)

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  14. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    What bd ecg is exactly? Backdash evade crouching guard? If it s that i didn t find i practice in match directly...

15. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
  16. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Actually it is not hard input required and all guies who respond in this thread explain exactly what the input is and and how to practice. For me it s harder with van s reversal, if the exercice start with a punch van do her reversal while i m recordin... Just try and u ll see how easy it is and efficient...

17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
  18. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    just tried some simple stuff with Lau and Jean, wow, very useful. I already need a lot of dojo time, this just gives one more reason to spend more time in the dojo. My weak game is probably going to get a little better after this :)

MakiLeSushi likes this.