1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Drinking after winning a round using SOU stance.

Discussion in 'Shun' started by durden, Jan 21, 2007.

1. durden

durden Member

After winning a round I usually just press G+P+K 3 times for three drinks. I have seen people going into the SK stance with df P b and getting 4 drinks.

My problem is doing df P b after I win always gives me Shun's df P down attack as the opponent is inevitably on the floor after I win. Any idea how people are able to get into SK without df P coming out and what exactly they are doing to get 4 drinks?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Drinking after a victorious round using SK stance.

If you enter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif from neutral, then you'll get the down attack. To prevent the down attack, enter /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif instead.

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Re: Drinking after a victorious round using SK stance.

Wow, that's good info! I was wondering if I'd have to use /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and just be able to hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif quick enough to cancel it. That would've been a pain, I'm really glad I don't have to do that.

Edit: Oh, and drider, I think they're using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif (from either stance, I'm pretty sure) to get those drinks in. Also, if you finish off you opponent with certain moves, you can buffer into Oushin and take two drinks there. That will also give you 4 DP.

4. raoul

raoul Well-Known Member

Re: Drinking after a victorious round using SK sta

AFAIK the best strategy is to hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for the first drink, and right away hold down /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif so that when the first drink ends, you can just hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif to get the backturned SK drinks, and then hit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif as soon as possible

5. jherb5000

jherb5000 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how many frames are in a drink animation?

6. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---

Nope, it's not written anywhere that I know of.

In any case, maybe now is a good time to mention that Shun isn't really a good frame-game character. He doesn't have an elbow-class move. Of course, he benefits from a knowledge of frames. But to be good with him, you have to learn how Shun works his way around them. And drinking is part of that.

7. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

btw, the largest amount of drinks you can get through a ko is 5. the last move you use to take out the opponent will make the slowly fall back (like a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif ), which grants enough time to hit a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (4 drinks), then allowing time for one last /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

8. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---

untrue. The largest amount you can get after a KO is 7.

270 throw (last hit KO), /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

9. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

If you hit him with a jab as the k.o. you have to input the f+p+k first and than the pkg drink. If you hit the opponent with a f+k for the k.o., you could drink pkg first and than do the f+p+k move.

10. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

i meant an actual hit KO rather than part of a throw KO.

11. jherb5000

jherb5000 Well-Known Member

You know that makes alot of sense. While playing with Shun alot
    of guys try to really punish after certain moves that don't leave shun at a double digit disadvantage. I've really been trying to up my game by learning frames, but with shun I would
    work off of evades after chouwans, pokes, and TECH, instead of jabs. seems like it's time for one of thoses DOJO's again.

12. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---

still worth mentioning, no? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

13. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

well of course it's worth mentioning! i guess i never really noticed that a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif could connect after a slow knockdown before. with said move giving a whopping 4 dp, with the added /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif giving 5 total, it's the most you can get in a non-throw, non-ro situation IF you think about doing it beforehand.

then again, i don't know of all the moves that put the opponent in that slow knock-down animation aside from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

14. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif will do it, and so will OUS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

If anybody knows any others, please share XD

15. raoul

raoul Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head p, pp, 6p, 6pp, 6ppp, maybe even 6k, can't remember...

BTW, you can actually get 6p+k, 3p4 after at least p for 6 drinks... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

PS, I'm a big fan of OU instead of OUS to match the Japanese better (OUS always throws me off)

Edit: oops, completely forgot to mention 46p 46pp 46ppp /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. tribaL

tribaL Well-Known Member

you can get that off of a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif attack? for shame... how have i not noticed?

btw: i'm a big fan of OSU.

go bucks ^_^.

17. Smoke_Mi_Pope

Smoke_Mi_Pope Member

Regarding the posts at start of topic-

When shun knocks opponent down I'm finding it nearly impossible to input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif to take drink into BK SOU without doing the low attack or more often than not just throwing out an uppercut without the cancel.

Are you guys using the stick to achieve this? (I'm too cheap to buy one) Or have I missed something here?

18. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

The easiest way (by far) is to take a drink first then while Shun is drinking hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df_.gif and press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif right before the drinking is over (buffering is possible). That way you will never get the ground attack.

Also there is another way to achieve 7 drinks after KO. KO an opponent with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif then BK SOU and one more drink after that.

19. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

it can be pretty tough killing someone with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif though :p

20. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77

That is true. Pretty much the only time that is feasible is after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.