1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EILEEN ONLINE

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Mackfactor, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    the other day i was on the mic with a japanese player who mains eileen. He doesnt play eileen online though because he says that you cant play eileen online well... Initially im like.. F dat, EILEEN is probably better online than offline. I couldnt understand all of the things he mentioned what makes eileen not as strong online, so i kinda went over some things yesterday. Are there any other factors that will limit me from using eileen on lag that are very vital to her game?

1)
    Delaying strings.. and hitting them while they flinch. Hard to do online

2)
    6 P+K and watching this on CH.. Online i couldnt do the 236 KK in time after watching CH on 6 P+K. I could do it if i anticipated a CH, but if i hitchecked online... the 236 wouldnt be guaranteed. i found this very discouraging to play eileen online. maybe im not buffering well??

im basically debating whether i wanna use eileen online.. not being able to hitcheck CH on 6 P+K was a downer to me, because i LOVE!!! using eileen.. but if i cannot use her to full potential i find investing in her not worth it.

QUESTION:
    i know 6 P+K CH will lead to 236 KKK is there any other NH combos on CH besides 6 P+K??

hope theres a way to consistant way to do 6 P+K into 236 KKK on CH after hit checking.. Cause if i can do that online, my god eileen is a monster. but if not, i think her game is based on mixups and not hitchecking.. which i dont like.
    Hope Eileen players have a way around this.. besides anticipations.. maybe a good way to buffer?

2. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

This probably isn't the answer ur looking for, but-> i think everyone has this problem to some extent, regardless of their choice of fighter. I'm sure it varies depending on who u use, but still. I mean, it would be nice to have that much longer to hitcheck everything for hit, guard, CH (p, 2p, etc, etc). I can tell u first hand, not being able to hitcheck eileens moves defensively and play accordingly is very frustrating as well.

3. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    true, but some characters i can work around.

example

If i use goh, and i do 6 K CH, into 33p... maybe with lag.. i might have to modify it to 6 P+K, P. somewhat close damage.

however... EILEEN is a difference between a PECK or 10000000 dmg with that flowchart. imagine, doing a counter HIT KNEE with goh that didnt create the stomach crumple or whatver its called, and the only time 33p was guaranteed was when u saw a yellow flash to indicate its a CH, u would have missed out huge huge damage... Basically if i cannot hit confirm CH and do it consistantly.. i prob would play her differently than offline, i would probably play an EILEEN more based on mixups and tricks.. and create alot of filthy online habbits.

but, social i agree... EILEEN gets away with alot of shit online.. like a 10 frame jab.. and because she spams so many strings she can get away with alot of stuff... but thats not the way i wanna play eileen. eileen is hard to fight online... I think shes even crazier offline with the hitchecking abilities..

but.. if I can hit confirm on 2 bars consistantly ill be happy with that. i just have to be more selective with the opponents i play. I duno who still plays eileen but im hoping u guys can tell me ur experience.. so i can sway towards using her or sway towards another character

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    The Japanese Guy is correct, she loses a lot of shit online. Hit checked CH 6P+K into 236KKK is a huge part of her game. You also don't gain much with moves being safe that were unsafe offline, cos pretty much everything is safe with eileen anyway.

6P+K doesn't combo into anything on NH and leaves you at a slight disadvanage. You can do the 2nd part of the string with a delay to fish for CH, which leads into 236KKK as well, but then you're in the same hitchecking situation.

I also find it harder to get [​IMG][3][P]+[K] to go under stuff online.

What Eileen does gain is that it's a lot harder to deal with her Zenk Flip online. It's easy enough for good players offline though, so abusing it will only make you worse.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Sorry, had a little rant without answering this.
    6P+K will combo into 214P on CH though it's usually better to do 236KKKIt will cause wall stagger. Without the wall, its leave your opponent standing with you at +4 frames. Perfect for doing 6P+K again. your opponent is able to block the the 2nd part of the 214PP chain.

6. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

mackfactor, this is exactly why I stopped playing online. She does lose a lot of shit online. Yes you can win with her online, but those same tactics will not work offline. My wins online feel like nothing since I know if I used those same tactics offline it would not work. The losses still feel like crap because well you lost and maybe just because you didn't abuse the existence of lag to zenk throw someone, or spamming your 10F p.

I've been making this same song and dance for years now (wow it's really been that long). I'm glad some other eileen players finally started to agree with me here.

It just feel like all the things that make eileen fun to play offline, that also make her a strong character, are taken away from you when you hop online. yes you get other tools, but that's not what eileen excels at and it is NOT why I picked her up. If I wanted to use a different set of tools I would have picked a different main.

This is all truth and again is more reason why I don't play online that much. The better I got the more I saw what you mentioned becoming more and more of a problem. I still play offline though, so don't sleep on me just because I'm not on xboxlive.