1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Eileen Questions

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by Mackfactor, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It has pretty much always been the case that float height against a standing character is higher than against crouching. In fact, there's a hierarchy of float heights which goes something like:

CH (standing)
    CH (crouching)
    RH (standing) (RH=recovery counter hit)
    RH (crouching)
    NH (standing)
    NH (crouching)

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im however not familiar with any combo that works on standing counterhit and doesnt on a crouching counterhit. If I try something like CH SDE vs either a punch or a low punch, the same combos apply and the float looks basically same height even if it counters a low punch. On normal hit its very different, I feel, and there crouch/standing hit matters.

edit:
    [6][P]+[K][P][P] (last hit CH) -> [6][P][P][2][K] works on Eileen regardless whether its a standing or crouching CH. (that is: it works if it CHs a low punch)
    gonna test more
    edit: works on Goh..Pai... etc, Its irrelevant whether it CHs a low punch or a standing move. Either this was about some other version of the game or Hanabi just had a brainfart, or there was an error translating or something.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Well, this article was written during VF5 Ver.B version but I distinctly recall one of the old VF4 books (Green or Blue) which had a chart describing the float heights. Sometimes the difference isn't big enough to cause a combo to fail.

In any case, that was my best guess at what those translated words meant -- "hit anything more than a low punch". It is a strange statement because it's hard to anything "less" than a low punch.

4. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    HCBK (214 k), Taisei Dakka move.. i noticed that sometimes it hits, sometimes i completely whiff this move.. dependent on if my strings gets blocked, NH, open or closed stance, perhaps character dependent.. etc..
    Neone know the specifics to this?

5. Yamada

Yamada Member

Yeah it happens to me to. Qcb+K's range is, well, there is almost no range really so if you're rushing on oponent from a distance there might still be some space left between both characters when you execute this move. Other issue might be enemy character's hitbox because there is some hitbox dependant stuff in this game.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I know it wiffs a lot after [6][P]+[K][P].

I can't really say more than that. Just about Eileens least useful move for me. Most half decent players seem to always block it on reaction and break the stagger with ease on the odd occation they block high. And being at -19 with Eileen is no joke. You're going for a ride.

I may try to test if i get some time.

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Wait, that gay low kick is -19?

I've been punishing it with [P][K]

8. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I know. [​IMG]

It's actually a high risk and low reward move for the monkey girl. not worth the risk in my opinion.

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Can we punish that 214K at -19 with PK?
    She has a one step back jump with that move.
    This stagger is easy to struggle as long as you have good connection. Otherwise, the following 66p will bring a huge combo [​IMG]

One more quick question, is that possible to evade her strikes?
    I know it's not easy but all the stuffs she has is like fliping the coin to against. [​IMG]

10. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    1)Yes. The pushback isn't that much. Might as well launch her though. 19 frames to play with.

2)Definately. one of the more linear characters in the game imho. No half or full circular mids (apart from her awful DMPK). She does have a few sweeps, but everything else you can't sidestep is high.

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

1) marlyjay covered it

2) you're half right there. 46P+K~G when you aren't canceling is a half circular mid attack. It's great for opponents who are rising.

Good job otherwise holding it down.

12. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    you're right. I should have said applicable/usable half circular mids to be accurate. [4][4][P] is also a half circular mid, but you can't really use it in advantage to cover sidestep/2p [​IMG]

13. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i havent done much testing on it.. but i remember asking the use of B P+K+G/ Backturned P+K+G effectively.

Neways, how i been applying it is near walls.K+G blocked sabaki into P, or PP wall stagger 33 P wall combos. Eileen is linear so all it takes is one side step or OM to get right behind me, and they can apply wall pressure.

14. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    actually, nvm last post.. P guaranteed, but no wall stag.. something else

15. Xzyx987X

Xzyx987X Well-Known Member

Yea, when people start stepping you a lot with Eileen, you need to use some of her anti-stepping techniques to intimidate them. Her [K] [+] [G] or [2] [K] [+] [G] work well, until people wise up and start ducking. In that case you have them right where you want them to land [3_] [P] [+] [K] or [3] [P], which can both lead to some nice damage depending on how they're applied. Any time you can work [2] [1] [4] [P] into a string will beat stepping as well, providing the moves that preceded it weren't evaded. Bonus points if you can train people to [2] [P] at moments where you can mix up with a [2] [3] [6] [P] for massive damage and a possible ring-out. [6] [K] [+] [G] will get people who try to step you from mid range, and can be a nice tool after someone whiffs an attack. It also leads to her standard mix-up options if it's not ducked. I think [2] [+] [P] followed by [2] [K] [+] [G] beats most character's DMPK spamming tactics, which is useful to know. Other than that, throw people if it works, but be wary of people who duck the throws too consistently for them to be effective. [6] [P] [+] [K] [+] [G] can work well as a general fake-out if people are ducking, as you can follow it with her shoulder ram, or her in the air bicycle kick thingy. Lastly, if you are having trouble getting a feel for someone's patterns, just back off on the pressure a bit and try to space them out and respond to what they do.

16. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
  17. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    3dp? I can't see it unless 236P 6P+K 214PP works after ko. Not sure it does and doubt you'd have the time anyway.

18. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    You can sober 3DP only if shun di is back to the wall after KO: 214P+K,P, 214PP