1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

El Blaze combo thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Seidon, Jul 17, 2012.

1. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Would've said you did it to me, but you don't post here, so~~ooo...lol

2. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

All dat tech is mine to hooooarrrd.

Well, I only got that trick lol. I'm gonna hunker down and see if I can get more guaranteed damage off certain setups, I think. Blaze has that great stagger stuff but if someone quick recovers it, it gets a little more fishy. It kind of sucks to get only a fraction of the damage you want for the work, so gotta guarantee myself at least something more than 20-30.

3. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

i couldn't get the backturned catch throw to eat normal throws, 2p, 9p, or blaze's 8p+k.

maybe somebody else can confirm? it ate pretty much everything else though.

4. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

I messed around with it a bit more now, and I think those are the only blaze moves that beat it. I guess it's not guaranteed as much as it's a frame trap (or whatever you call it)?

Basically, if an opponent presses buttons after the 3P+G throw, they get counter-hit and that leads to a combo. If they don't, they'll take the uppercut and get put into that situation with the BT throw.

Only options there to stop from taking damage is some sort of quick low move, a jump, something that gives you a crouch/jump state as a result of the move (blaze' 3P or 8P+K for example) or throw.

However, if they decide to jump or go low. instead of doing the BT P+G for Blaze, you can do the BT 2P. You can try throwing them again low (though they can step it). If they don't do either of those two options, the BT P+G eats pretty much everything else.

So eh, not guaranteed but still leaves you in a pretty good position. If they go for the throw, you can just break it but an opponent going for the throw is still at a disadvantage compared to Blaze. If they're timely, they'll get the damage off, if they're not, they eat the throw. N throws seem to land consistently but those can be broken pretty easily, 4 or 6 P+G seems to be a crapshoot.

I gotta test it a bit more though. But I'm almost certain if you did this in a match once or twice, they wouldn't know how to respond because of the small window between the uppercut into the BT P+G.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    When I was testing it it seems like it's possible to jump out of it or crouch under it with something quick like a 2P.

6. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

Right, which is somewhat unfortunate but anything else will get beat. If you do 2P instead, it should beat the jump or 2P, i think but eh, oh well!

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    If only backturned guard break was mid. Lol

nou likes this.
  8. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Will backturned [K] into hit throw work? I love that hit throw.

9. Shouta

Shouta Active Member

No, it won't unfortunately. I believe it beats 2P but just a standing P will beat it out. They'll also be able to step it.

From the situation I mentioned previously, the one other option is BT 2P but this has issues as well. It's a bit better than the other options (aside from the BT Throw) but it still requires you to be in your opponents head and them unfamiliar with what's going on, I think.

10. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Ah well. Sometimes I wish El Blaze had more guaranteed damage. Other times I just delight in making my opponent guess wrong 20 times in a row. :D

11. nou

nou Well-Known Member

20x? Try 4 at the most, haha.

I just want him to have a untechable Ground Throw from RD, on top of his High and Low Throw. Having more guaranteed damage would make him bonkers. People don't read here and bitch about him enough, so maybe they should give hime more guaranteed damage, haha.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Making his bodysplash ground attack not punishable on hit would pretty much do the same thing but having a ground catch throw would certainly add something unique.

13. 001

i started making a spreadsheet for blaze combos vs. all characters so i could have something with me on the go. it's a work in progress and still needs alot to add like which combos need 1 frame kills or spacing and other stuff. but anyways if you guys know some more damaging combos, see some errors or whatever let me know. also thanks alot to the everyone who posted combos in this thread, going back through it made me realize how much damage i was missing out on. :eek:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AgtRp0EuGVXGdE1wTDFPbnF2WVRIOGs2cUE3TWthWXc&outpu

nou likes this.
  14. FaethonsNemesis

FaethonsNemesis Well-Known Member

Im one week deep playing as El Blaze and yesterday tried an insane (for me at least) combo just for the fun of it cause i wasnt sure if it will work on online conditions: [6][6][K](CH),[4][3][P][+][K],[G],[6_],[P][+][K],[K],[3][P][+][K],[G],[6_],[9][K][+][G],[P],[2][P],[K][K][K],[3][P][+][G].Red health stayed for the complete duration and opponent wasnt happy:oops:
    Tried it on dojo even on normal hit works-239 damage(i think).
    I want to ask how legit/plausible is this combo (of course against inexperienced players cause veterans wont fall for it:)) except for the last avoidable throw and if any top Blaze player has ever use this or an improved variation of it.

15. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    Anyone who knows to shake out of staggers won't fall for this one -- but if you're playing an otherwise good player who doesn't shake out yet, this combo definitely works. I've definitely used it in actual matches once I've noticed they don't stagger break.

A nice damage combo that's a bit more plausible is doing RD 9k+g after either of blaze's stagger hit throws (3p+k p+g, or 43p+k p+g) -- those are much tougher to stagger break, and following it up with 9k+g, p, 2p, k k k will still give you some impressive damage.

FaethonsNemesis likes this.
  16. 001

66k is one of the easiest moves to struggle out of the stagger so after the first move your opponent can block and even crouch the 43p+k before any of the other stuff can come out.

most people i play with offline can struggle out of 66k and block an incoming 4p+k which is only 16f compared to 43p+k's 26f. try the combo with cpu settings with stagger recovery set to just normal and you will see that the 43p+k won't even combo.

in terms of how legit it is to use in a serious match i'd say against someone who knows how to struggle out of stagger even a little bit it isn't good but against inexperienced players or someone who is not familiar with blaze's moves i say go for it until it stops working on them.

try 66k, 43p+k on hit p+g, rd p+kk, 3p+k on hit p+g x 3 for 223 dmg since they're not gonna struggle anyways then 2p their corpse into the wall x 5 until the next round starts.

17. FaethonsNemesis

Thanks for the responses gyus.One off the topic question:What moves exactly does El Blazes [P][+][K][+][G] reverses?I know it does normal [P],[K] but what else and what not?
    Whats the actual active frames of the reversal cause i mistime it a lot.
    Also is Gohs [4][P][+][K][+][G] similar?

18. 001

p+k+g interrupts all grounded high attacks except i think full circular kicks and maybe other moves i can't think of at the moment. it is best used to interrupt strings where you know an attack ends with a high. it is especially useful vs. grounded special highs since those can't be interrupted by 2p.

i don't know the actual active frames but the command list says 37 total frames and i would assume it is active the whole way through. i don't feel it is something you practice with in a neutral situation but against a blocked string that you know only has one way of ending you can easily practice timing against those.

it isn't a move i would use at disadvantage alot since it can only stop high attacks and in vf the most common moves being used against you at your disadvantage is a ch mid that leads to combo to stop your abare, a full circular that will stop your evade, or a throw to beat your guard, and all of these things will stop p+k+g cold.

goh's 4p+k+g interrupts both high and mid punches so in my opinion it is more useful in a disadvantaged/neutral situations since it can cover an opponents fastest high and fastest mid.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  19. FaethonsNemesis

Lol i see now,thanks.I am constantly getting hit by mids when i try to reverse...

20. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I only really use p+k+g against opponents that tend to poke with high punches a lot (Pai players, Brads, some Akiras) -- the nice thing about the move is that the follow-up punch will catch sidesteppers, as well, and can get you some good follow-up damage:

I usually use:
    p+k+g p, 2p+k, 4kpp

And on the heavies:
    p+k+g p, 2p+k, 2p, 6pk