1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EL Blaze"I'll Spit in Yo Face!" VF5FS Thread.

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by ShinobiFist, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Here's a thread to put all the information we gather for El Blaze. Most of the stuff posted so far is just assumption and not fact. Everything is base of vids as of now. Once a move list has become available this thread will be updated.

Here are some sample vids on his moves(NOTE-To view this Nico vids, go here http://mmcafe.com/nico.html Copy the link and paste it there)

El Blaze has the ability to grab his opponent while backturn. As seen in this vid versus Akira.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11275263 (Around the 2:35 mark)

El Blaze could now spit "Mist" in your face, the move looks like is of his subaki([P]+[K]+[G]) by the looks of it. The mist could be similar to Akira's guard crush. Seen here versus Goh(Around 2:09)There's two versions of this move so far, Green and Red.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11275109

In this Kage Vid, you get to see El Blaze's new hit-throw. Instead of being a high attack(Like it was in VF5)is a mid attack now.(Around the 3:12 mark)

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11275410

El Blaze looks like he could alter his neutral throw now(Similar to what Wolf could do now)Into a "drop throw kick combo"(around the 2:54 mark)He also has a new(Very animated I might add)low throw as well(Towards the end of the match)
    -EDIT-Is not a alteration of his throw, but a new one instead.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11274772

A few things to point out, El Blaze could perform his drop kick while jumping, same with his half-circular kick as well([6][K]+[G] in VF5)His [4][6]+[K] on block(also on hit maybe?)Let's Blaze do a backflip(After the back flip, RD is possible) of the opponent. Not sure if to performed the backflip move is similar to a Rocket Discharge or is similar to a hit-throw instead.

More vids and info to come.

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

It's not an follow up/alteration to his neutral [P]+[G] but a brand new throw. Does more damage (55 points) and causes wallsplat which you can combo into for at least 25 more points.

3. ShinobiFist

Good to know. Any idea what the command is for that throw?

4. Ash_Kaiser

Not sure of the command but it appears in the Brad/Blaze vid at 2:52:
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11274772

If I was to guess, I'd say it was probably [4][2][6]+[P]+[G] or [8][4][2][6]+[P]+[G], although don't take my word for it.

He does seem exceedingly flashy in FS.

5. ShinobiFist

I know in VF5R, El Blaze has the ability to grab you while your knockdown on the ground, but I never seen this ground grab before in the VF5R vids, so not sure if this grab is new to FS or not.

You'll see it in this vid right here. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11275572 (Around the 2:12 mark)

6. Ash_Kaiser

I need to go to sleep right now, so I can't check the vid, but if it's the Standing Sobat -> Side Kick -> Spinning Round Kick combo, then I'm not sure if it was in R or not.

It looks cool though.

7. ShinobiFist

Yeah, that's the one. I just went through a 1hr session of VF5R vids of El Blaze and did not see it once, so it has to be new in VF5FS. Same could be said about that string(PP Knee)I know they gave him a three kick string in VFR, but never seen(Yet)that PP knee string.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    This ground throw isn't new to FS, it was introduced in R.

VF5R Aoi vs Blaze (end of 4th round)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o54DFSBF5uE

He has different ground throw animations depending on the opponent's knockdown position.

9. ShinobiFist

Thanks for the clarification Myke. You are the G.O.D of VFDC*The man has infinite knowledge folks*

10. Ash_Kaiser

I knew that he had ground throws in R, and I'm pretty sure it's just like Wolf (i.e. 6 of them - face up or down at head, side or feet). I just wasn't sure if the triple kick one was in R.

11. ShinobiFist

12. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

He has the Canadian Destroyer now? Are AM2 trolling here spying on my posts?!

EDIT: OK I see it, SEGA/AM2 owe me cash.

13. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Played around a bit with Blaze today.

From his P+G+K you can hit P+K to spit out the mist. I got both red and green mist to come out, don't know if it is random or a different command I hit for each one.

He has a new kind of movement / stance which is either 9+P+K+G or 3+P+K+G. During this you can hit P for a mid (or low)? punch at the end, or K for a mid kick that looks like his old dodge attack.

If backturned K hits you can hit P+G for the hit throw.

-Super

14. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So I'm in all likely hood going to hit up PAX for a bit(on Fri.), and if permitted, I'm gonna play some VF5FS, so is there a link to El Blaze's changes which has command info? I read some (1 or 2) here, but I figure I'd ask before searching more.

EDIT: Looked at the BlazeR command list(Thanx SuperGolden!) does any significant changes to those moves or can I just go from there?

15. nou

nou Well-Known Member

So I gotta go to work but quick impression of El Blaze is fundamentally he still stays the same, but his controls are streamlined for the better.

Having his knee old knee [​IMG] [6]+ [K] got to [6] [K] [+] [G] is a nice addition and his added moves from RD were great as mixups but can still be punished if your not careful. I didn't use K(where the knee comes out) too much but seems to be the safer option, but I didn't think about it 'till after GW closed. Having more combos and pokes made him an all around solid charcter.

I think for now his Mist move should be followed up with his hit throw [3] [P] [+] [K] into [P] [+] [G]

I believe he does have a wall throw, but it's probably is since it was blocked. After I jumped of the wall I pressed P+G but now dice, however the animation looked different from P or K so who knows. I'll post the video later tonight to show what I'm talking about

16. ShinobiFist

Now that we have the command list on blast, We could use this thread for match-up purposes and such.

Punishing Akira's 2+K, Youhou, and 246+P with El Blaze KKK is going to be awesome [​IMG]

17. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Haven't looked at many combos yet but I'm having a mess about to see what I can come up with. Plan to check out some Japanese Blaze videos this weekend and see what they're doing.

[6][K]+[G] combos are first on my list, against the lighter characters I can do [6][K]+[G] (CH) [6_][P] [4][P]+[K] [2][P] [6_] [K][K][K]

Good damage.

Without the Ch and against the larger characters I've been going for [6_][P] [2][P]+[K] [6_] [K][K][K]

But yeah, gonna have a look at making sure my combos are up to snuff this weekend. Do any of you know the max damage combos available to Blaze?

Also, I am having SOOOOOO much fun with his [3][P]+[K] hit throw. Have to admit to missing [7][P]+[K] though. Using [9][P]+[K] to flip over an opponent rising with kicks seems to be much more difficult this time around, maybe my timing is off or rising kicks just track better in general.

That backflip to the wall is hilarious. [​IMG]

18. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

probably stuff you already know but this is what i've been using. only tested against jean in training mode and obviously not everything works for taka. there is probably alot better stuff out there especially against light weight characters and from counterhit for the normal combos.

8p+k, kkk

6k+g, p, 2p+k, kkk

26p+k, p, 2p+k, kkk

41236pk, p, 2p+k, kkk

9p (descending), 2kpk

rd, 9k+gp, p, 6pk

2p+g, p, kkk

ch 4p+k, 2p, p, kkk

ch 1p+k, 6p+kp, kkk

ch 46p+k, 2p, 2kpk

ch 1k+g, 2p, 6pk

side crumple 3k, 9p+kk, 6p+kp, 6pk

wall splat 6k+g, 9p+kk, 4p+k, 2p, kkk

19. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    [4][6][P]+[G] - Wall - [2][K][P][K] - [6][K]+[G]

Thanks, 001. I haven't looked at the heavier characters yet.

I'll see about posting up something a bit more comprehensive during the weekend.

20. UKD

UKD Member

Yo.

I was looking over the combos here that 001 listed and decided to try 'em out. I found a number of ways to build upon them for more damage, so I thought I'd share.

Using Jean as the training dummy...

8P+K, KKK can extend to: 8P+K, 6P+K,P, KKK. 56 DMG improved to 71 DMG.

9P (Desc.), 2KPK can be improved to: 9P (Desc.), 2P, KKK. 53 DMG enchanced to 60 DMG.

You can replace the 6PK in RD, 9K+G,P, P, 6PK to KKK for 11 more points of damage.

1P+K, 6P+K,P, KKK can be done without CH.

CH 46P+K, 2P, 2KPK can be ended with 3PPK instead for 1 more point of damage.

Hope that helps yield more from your launchers. I've also been hitting the lab with Blaze regarding a number of other things, so I have more to contribute. If by any chance I made a fluke here, let me know.

Btw, Seidon, I'm getting green numbers on your wall combo when I finish with 6K+G. You sure that's untechable, or am I not doing it fast enough?