1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

El Blaze Option Selects?

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Phoxx, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I've been doing some experimentation with Blaze's options from [4][6][K] and have been wondering if you guys have found any other option select tech with Blaze.

Here's an example I'm sure many are familiar with:

Since [4][6][K] can either lead into a hit throw on block, or a combo on hit, there are a few ways to ensure that no matter what your opponent does, Blaze will still react appropriately (Keep in mind, if your opponent ducks or evades the [4][6][K] none of this will work).

By quickly inputting the following:
    [4][6][K], [4][6][K]

On block, Blaze will mouse flip and automatically enter RD, allowing you to catch throw or mix-up however you wish..

and on hit, you'll successfully RD into the follow-up knee crumple, for an 80+ damage combo

If your opponent isn't stagger breaking you can also option select into the handsome scratch rush with
    [4][6][K], [4][4][3][P]+[K] to hit throw [P]+[G]

You have to be a bit slower on the handsome scratch inputs, but with the proper timing, the same inputs to connect with the hit throw will also trigger the mouse flip into the RD throw on block.

This also gives you some great okizeme options for opponents who block on wakeup.

So yeah, those are the two option selects I've been using, is there anything else out there?

G0d3L likes this.
  2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Actually you can ommit the extra K from there and just do 46K~46 to cover both options. Remember to hold 6 in case they blocked 46K so that you won't stop flat in their face.

3. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Never thought about using Cat Scratch from this. That move always escaped and never used it as much. Thanks for that tid bit!

4. Phoxx

Phoxx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Phoxx__
    XBL:
    Phoxx 3D
    I've been practicing this, but unfortunately I guess I don't have the reaction speed to make sure I connect the follow-up K in time. For me, at least, repeating 46K 46K twice still seems to cover both options, as the second K won't register if you're already in the mouse animation, leaving you plenty of time to RD into whatever options you decide afterward.

5. nou

nou Well-Known Member

How so?

By doing 4,6 you get a stagger either way. 4 is a psuedo stagger, 6 gives you the stagger indicator and press [K] from there.

6. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Well, another easy one is 6[K],6.

Rocket Discharge from 6[K] only works on hit, so you might as well input the second 6 every time.

7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Huh?

By doing 4, 6 when the [K] hits from the move, it picks the right one for depending on how it lands.

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    any time in VF you have something like a hit throw or something that only works on hit or counterhit if you input the additional stuff every time (like you should) it will happen when it can 100% of the time and won't leave you fucked when you don't get the right hit state.

A good example of this is Brad's clinch in vanilla. He had loads of ways to get into it and every time you used one of those attacks you should be pressing the P+G in case it lands. If it doesn't you lose nothing.

The only time something is worth checking is if it's something like blaze's 66K that will fuck you over if you go into RD on block.

9. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Made a video for the head smash kick, just incase anyone is confused about what to do.

Phoxx likes this.