1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Esoteric Frame Data

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by noodalls, Jun 11, 2012.

1. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Noodals; can you test the following scenario please?

In summary the question is this:

If Akira does 3p+k and the opponent evades it and attacks immediately will the move still hit (CH) the successful evade > attacker due to it being so slow (25f)?

I would like this tested from +1 and +2. The setups would be the following:

1) 46p (guarded which gives +1) > 3p+k. Opponent successfully evades 3p+k > attacks at once.
    2) P (guarded which gives +2) > 3p+k. Opponent successfully evades 3p+k > attacks at once.

Will 3p+k hit even if it's successfully evaded in these scenarios?

Thanks for your time.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Kiwe, what's preventing you from testing this with a simple record/playback in training mode?

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I have but Akai and I get different results so it's better to remove the human error. Also maybe test from +3 with the use of 2_4p guarded (+3) also Noodals for the entire 1-3 range if that's not to much hassle!

Thanks!

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I just tested Akira vs Akira and got the [3][P][+][K] to CH my attack after I had successfully evaded, but to do so I had to position my Akira such that he was evading in a confined space (e.g. parallel to wall).

The 3 record actions I used were:

1. [4][6][P] (guard) > [3][P][+][K]
    2. [P] (guard) > [3][P][+][K]
    3. [2][1][4][P] (guard) > [3][P][+][K]

The above three lead in attacks gave Akira +1, +2 and +3 frames advantage respectively.

I would then playback, guard the first attack, then evade. During my successful evade, I would mash on [K], and in all three cases, provided I wasn't too laterally displaced, I would eat a CH.

I think this proves what's been known since VF4, that it's still possible to get CH after you successfully evade an attack due to the active frames being present and your action triggering the move to connect.

In plain open space, however, I found I couldn't get Akira's [3][P][+][K] to CH. Since evading in FS now has more lateral movement than in vanilla, I'm guessing that either:

* it's more difficult for a move to track should the evader attempt something; or

* Akira's [3][P][+][K] has a reduced hit box (making it less effective in tracking).

5. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Is it possible to find out how big the escape window is for Goh's [4] [P][+] [K][+] [G] [P] [+] [G]

6. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

How fast do Jean's

K (while charging)P
    66K (while charging) P
    6K+G (while charging) P

come out on fastest inputs?