1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

European ButtonCzech - online exhibitions of old continent players

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Unicorn, Aug 21, 2014.

1. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    That sounds really good, but i dunno how available i'll be next week yet. I'd like to be involved if it happens. I need to do some guest commentary too :D

2. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    I won't be online til the end of october.

Also, it sounds nice, but it seems kind of like the same as just playing room matches if we're doing winners stays (but ft3 instead of ft1), or just a random poule of death if we're tallying up the results.

Why not do like an invitational tourney if you want to see the best fight each-other?

Unicorn likes this.
  3. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    @MarlyJay , it is not a problem to change the date it if people will prefer other Sunday (or other day in week)
    Any guest commentator will be more then welcomed, it is just noone step out so far :(

@Krye the difference from standard rooms is (except FT3) that it is not "winner stay loser go" but "everyone play everyone"; and also that with the "official score" being kept, some players may feel challenged to really do their best (or at least to troll less :p )
    But the idea of holding some small, invitation-only online tourneys is great for sure!

4. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Maybe ill could join this room for the next sunday:)

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    New net incomming?

6. Krye

Krye French Star Player

PSN:
    KryeMeARiver
    XBL:
    Krye NL
    Yeah, so it's just a poule stage basically. I don't like poule-only tourneys, once you lose you can't win anymore (usually), but you still have to play. If I don't have a chance of winning anymore I'm no longer motivated, so I prefer a knock-out bracket.

7. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    No yet Uni. If its a problem and my connection laggy the room then np. Some other time then.

8. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    This sounds like a load of fun, so let me know if you plan on any PSN editions of this - and add me to the list of random cannon fodder, for.. science! :)

Shinobi likes this.
  9. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I am considering it, but TBH I am still scared abotu PSN rooms :( But we will see :)

Ellis likes this.
  10. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

This Sunday I'm in again from 8pm +1 gmt. Even earlier if needed

Ellis likes this.
  11. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    I'm in (whatever the format is as always :D) !

PS: It's really nice to have the live streams on the VFDC frontpage now !

Kamais_Ookin and Ellis like this.
  12. 40i4

40i4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mrxliiv
    XBL:
    xliiv360
    of course i'm in :) someone has to be at the end :)

Ellis likes this.
  13. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    I understand that, but i mean, no one would sue you if some connection failed - since we know how it is. Rooms can work (on psn too) but we'd have to see how the individual players connections plays along one another.

My take is generally as long as it isn't an official tournamnet, or anyone is crazy enough to throw money on the floor - trying won't make us poorer :)

But yes, i guess we will see hai

14. Shinobi

Shinobi Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Spiros_1978
    Well we could try and see if it works! I really like the idea of "Battle Royal". And of course, I'm in!

Ellis likes this.
  15. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    This weekend I wanna run some PSN, so if you will arrange battle royal, we can do it immediatelly :) Just find enough players and done deal :)

Ellis and 40i4 like this.
  16. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    So... any challenges/battle royals for this Sunday on PSN..? I saw a lot of "yahooo!" posts but noone actually stepping forward ;)

17. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I'd like to play someone on PSN? Sunday is ok for me.

Ellis likes this.
  18. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I don't have a ps3 :/ but if you move the battle royal on xbox i'm in

19. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    The battle royal for XBL is planned in 2 weeks, looking forward to see you there!

20. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    Yahoo post?!, maybe i spam too many words making a point, but alright:

I want to FIGHT, come elbow me and eat knees until we all look silly!
    6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 (that is enough steps forward to fall out of an open ring alright? :p)

Shinobi likes this.