1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

EvenPits' Beginner's Rooms

Discussion in 'New Starter' started by EvenPit, Jan 19, 2013.

1. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Screenshot_031.jpg

Ok,wanted to let all the new players out there know that I will be hosting 8man rooms tri-weekly at 9pm.
    Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The pint of this is to 1.meet new players, and hopefully we can teach each-other things we didn't know b4, 2.Sharpen skills and have a specific day where we'd train for the 2nd season of the VF Circuit, and 3.have fun playing the game; because if you're not having fun, then you'll never really advance in the game and might eventually drop it for something else.

Assuming new players actually come through, i will instead be using my sub- Pai because I have been neglecting her long enough now, and this would be the perfect opportunity for me to practice with her a bit. And of course if anyone wants to challenge my Eileen i will be more than happy to pull her out:D. So thats it hope to see some new faces online soon. Peace, and have a nice day.

Monday, Wednesday,& Friday 9pm Eastern
    Location East USA Pittsburgh, PA
    This will be held on XBL

2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    9pm in what timezone? Also you should state your location in the post so people know how much lag they're likely to get. Are you intending to do this on PSN or XBL?

Pepsolman likes this.
  3. EvenPit

Oops forgot about that. I edited it.

4. soke

soke Well-Known Member

Is this still going on?

5. EvenPit

Yes I still do this every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9pm East. I usually create a room and sit there for like 20 minutes or so, and if no one shows up then i'll jump in another active room for the night.

6. Zass

Zass Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Zass30
    I joined this last week, it was fun! I'll try to join again this week.

7. EvenPit

Craigbot likes this.
  8. Craigbot

Craigbot Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Craigbot
    This is good stuff, EvenPit. Keep it up :)! I wouldn't mind joining your room to help people out sometime and also see some new faces along the way. Your Eileen is really good and Pai will be up there, I'm sure :D.

9. EvenPit

Ill still be holding one tomorrow at the same time as usual but Pai? Not anymore lol

Craigbot likes this.
  10. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    You can still use Pai, don't be afraid. I could use her if that'll help you. I'm sure Eileen will be the main attraction.

11. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I need to take part in this room more often to train my subs more I don't want to play Pai as much as I do lately as I am getting bored of her again and it happens to me every so often. I also want to get better with my crappy goh as well. I know my Pai is okay offline so I don't worry about her as much as I do my subs so i will focus on using her in offline training more to fine tune a few things. If these rooms happen every few days it will be a great training tool as well.

12. EvenPit

If you wanna take over doing the rooms shadow you are more than welcome cause after today I wont be able too

13. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    My motivation to play FS online is fading especially during the week it takes something like the small tournys Craigbot or Digital runs to make me play XBL now for the most part. I rarely ever just go on there just too play like I used to. I yearn for offline play so much that I would rather lay around in my room doing nothing than play FS online on most days that is bad. I got a taste of it with WinterBrawl and i want to experience it more.

I wouldn't have the drive or motivation to turn my Xbox on anymore 1 or 2 times a week just to sit around and wait seriously even if people showed up.

Craigbot likes this.
  14. EvenPit

Same here, less VF online for me now that I have peeps to play Offline, that and Ive been neglecting my SC and KOF friends for long now and thats no fair.

Craigbot likes this.
  15. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I might be able to take over, but probably not three days a week.

16. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    I know how you feel, I want to play VF offline too with people. The thing is not much people here play VF, they see it as not too interesting to pick up. Most times, they play Street Fighter which you know how it is. I like Street Fighter don't get me wrong, but I always play different fighting games to keep me going and motivated. When I play VF online, I get to play the community which has some great players like yourself, EvenPit, DgtlSamurai and all the others. It helps me improve my gameplay, while I train offline at the same time.

17. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    I played Soul Calibur on Wednesday and I did good, even though I haven't played it for a while. I'm gonna get back into that game again, I can't neglect it. I remember why that game was so much to play. Who knows, we might run into each other there and have some matches.

BTW, I see Kadaj's name in caps for your footer. Is that what I think it means?

18. EvenPit

Yeah as soon as I get my outfits together I'll be ready to fight I might even put up a room every now and then

Craigbot likes this.
  19. Craigbot

XBL:
    Craigbot
    Ok, sounds like a plan. Oh, a friend of yours wanted an invite last night to the session, but we had just finished and everyone was leaving. His name is Zass30.

20. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Nice way to help the new players get acclimated.

Craigbot likes this.