1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone is picking up Kage

Discussion in 'Kage' started by social_ruin, Jun 19, 2009.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I was wondering why all the top players are picking up Kage?

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    ninjas are good

3. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

kage & sarah 'r my mains since VF1...
    he is imo the coolest ninja out there...
    rofl @ ryu hayabusa & co... ^_^

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I use Kage also on the low. Ninja Are the Shiznit. Been loving him since VF1 when i use to mimic 66K in my house as a kid.

5. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    I'm also playing Kage. Nothing like some Ninja in your life.

Too bad there are no Kunoichi in VF, or I'd be all over that [​IMG]

6. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I like Kage's mid-range game and his hit-class options. Dragon punch dude.

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Kage belongs to one of the best characters since VF2, and he always can occupy "A" rank or even higher tier list.
    Pretty much all kage's moves are useful, and his speed is also adaptable to be controlled by most players.

Based on my observation, kage players can do the best performance either on tournaments or regular matches, which means "stable" all the time. I enjoy kage's settings but his attack damage becomes less and less.....Well, it's good way to be balanced, otherwise kage would be on the very top just like his mom.

8. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

naruto noobs nuff said

9. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    Now we need a pirate character...

10. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Been playing kage since vf4 days. Repping the red, white, and blue costume in honor of Micheal Dudikoff.

[​IMG]

11. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

"The deadliest art of the Orient is now in the hands of an American"

Damn, what a tagline!

You thought the Americans rate of friendly fire in the various wars wasnt enough? Wait till you seem them with Shurikens and ninja skills, beatch.

12. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Fuck Kage!!! Bring Siba back (Fighters Megamix FTW)!!! Nah, for real though, Kage is dope... He has combos and setups for every situation it seems...

13. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

OP is right, I measured, and -everyone- really is playing Kage now.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I learned Kage so I could have a fallback character in tournaments when I needed to beat 'lesser' opponents without much effort or when I wasnt feeling strong. Akira = always effort. I still use Akira as my main when the going gets tough. Kage is also my main in online ranked play inasmuch as it matters.

15. smb

smb Well-Known Member

lol, i have thought about using kage, sarah, and lion b/c they all three give me trouble. And using them is the best way to dispel their magic. I'd probably start with kage, simply b/c he's the toughtest (yes i realize this means he is the strongest and people would say--u just use him b/c u need someone top tier :D) but he's the toughest and i like to play ranked, so there are a lot more high ranked kages than sarah or lions.

altho i'd also like to learn akira, b/c he's such a badass [​IMG]

16. LobeliaM72

LobeliaM72 Well-Known Member

I've never even considered it.
    I think that newcomers to Virtua Fighter sometimes go for Kage because he's a ninja and ninjas are way cool(pirates are way cooler). The first time I played the game, I was a female supremacist, so my first character ever was Pai. I went on to play Pai for every game in the series up until Virtua Fighter 5, when I switched to Vanessa. Aside from those two, the only characters I've considered using were Jeffry and Brad. I ended up discarding them both.

tl;dr edition: Aesthetics play a big role in a person's initial character choice. As to why a lot of people are switching to Kage in the middle of their Virtua Fighter careers, I couldn't tell you.

17. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Because he's easy to play and he's a very strong character. Lets be honest here...

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Nearly at the second page and we only just get the truth!

[​IMG]

19. combo2008

combo2008 Well-Known Member

kage is ze best. I dont think he is very easy to play with. cause u have to keep finding out new ways to trick people constantly. i can remember the countless times i have had to elbow the shit out of pai chan everytime she sways back and goes for that evil charge kick.

20. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Nah, you really don't. Just stick to the basics and he's a beast.