1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone is picking up Kage

Discussion in 'Kage' started by social_ruin, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Well kage is the main charactor of the story or at least the winner of most of the tournaments.

2. combo2008

combo2008 Well-Known Member

@jeneric

I have to disagree, unless ur playing some rookie cookie. I have played some of those rookie cookies online who tried that basic shit with kage. its quite laughable. (out of pure bore) I let some dude beat me until the 3rd round and got my blood half way down. I kicked ass that match. but i got a waay better fight than i would have.

IMO lei fei is a way better fundamental beast than kage. some of the things those rookie cookies were doing was crazy.

3. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

I agree with Jeneric. You can play tricky with Kage, but you don't need to. He can be played very basic with a sprinkle of the tricks. I think he's stronger this way.

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Lei fei is just plain nasty; dude has a crazy all-around game. He's a threat from anywhere in the ring. Dude doesn't even need 3/4 of his shenanigans.

Imo tricky stuff usually doesn't work against someone with knowledge of your character. Your expliots get exploited per se.

5. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

This guy said "blood"

6. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Has it ever occured to you that maybe YOU are the rookie cookie? Who are you to say other Kage's are shit I've foughten yours and it stinked like bloody diarrhea [​IMG]

7. CobiyukiOS

CobiyukiOS Well-Known Member

I don't know about Kage in R...

8. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I agree. Lei fei is very fundamental...but damn is it hard to stay fundamental with him. All my flying around is pretty nice shit, until i get in there against some of the big dogs. I have the unnerving feeling they are thinking, "What the fuck is he doing...oh well, pwn!"

9. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

To me most of the Lei Feis definitely just kind of "did shit" and didn't really use the
    engine very well. Granted this is kind of pot calling the kettle black since I'm not
    the most technical guy on the block. I think playing Jeff to a degree forces you to
    be somewhat technical or die.

10. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Here we go again, Kamais sticking his nose in where it doesn't belong. Let me point out for your benefit that:

combo2008 never said other Kage's are shit, nor did he ever claim he had the best Kage.

Whether you agree with combo2008's opinions on Kage's playing style is open grounds for discussion, but attacking him was unnecessary.

Unfortunately for you Kamais, we've been down this road one too many times and you just don't seem to get it. Frankly, I'm just tired of giving you warnings only to have you assure me you won't do it again.

So it's time to pull your head in, son. You've earned yourself a 2 week timeout. Do not try to contact me in the interim. Thanks.

p.s. Cobiyuki, this thread isn't about R. In general, if you don't know then don't post.

11. N0tThiSTiMe

N0tThiSTiMe Member

I started playing Kage after watching Kyasao back when VF3 was released on Dreamcast (rip btw). I've never really been in the 'VF scene' until now (since I got online with xbox), so I never knew about these tiers and Kage being considered so strong somewhat surprised me. I always felt he never excelled at any one area unlike Akira, or Wolf whom had very obvious strengths or gameplans, and so it was more down to the player (not that I thought about it enough to take it as a source of pride).

I've learnt a fair bit in the couple of months I've played against other players, and been owned and finally, done some owning and understand VF as a whole better now, and would agree he's got mix ups all over the place and an answer to most everything, but I've never felt cheaply beaten by a Kage player, or delivered the same to someone myself hopefully, unlike some other characters I've played against.

World of difference between being strong and overpowered, the latter of which is the impression I get that most people have of him.

12. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Kage has AMAZING properties, his damage isn't so high off of his moves, but his moves are likely to connect most of the time because they cover so much base, and they already do decent enough damage as is. His entire movelist is like a skillset trump card. Kage is a pain in the ass to opponents of all styles, levels, and skillsets, imo.

13. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

I can't believe this thread is still alive~
    Why everyone is picking up Kage? The answer is very simple, because Kage is damn good!!!

14. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

I agree largely with what slide side above, but this post i REALLy like as well. This is something that i think draws a lot of players too kage.

It's always nice to be able to play a character at a high level, in a manner that is recognizable as your own. And it is nice to play opponents who have their own unique style of playing their character.

A good example of this is Weiand's Jeff. He's not necessarily a world beater, and there are better Jeff's. But he has a very unique style with him that makes it really fun to play his jeff.

Another good example is that everyone LOVES playing vf#'s. The fact that he plays highly defensively technical (particularly when hit, which is harder than just using technique when ur attacks are gaurded), makes playing him a unique experience and highly entertaining.

At least to me, having multiple good options of how to play a character is a big draw. I want to be as good as i can, but i also want to put my own signature on a character when possible. Also, i think one of the strengths of vf5 is how many characters posses this quality to varying degrees.

15. Dive2Blue

Dive2Blue Well-Known Member

<object width="480" height="295"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bjgtGoaQa_s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bjgtGoaQa_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295"> </embed></object>
    The video explains why players choose him.[/size]

16. EfreeteG

EfreeteG Well-Known Member

Hi every1! Kage is my main cause i am fond of japan culture and ofcourse
    ninja thematic. When i 1st began to play it was very difficult to find safe moves but than i l've learned some basics and was happy.)) Kage is best at tricks among all chars imco=)

17. Glacier2030

Glacier2030 Member

Read me like a book. But I just like customizing Kage. It kinda nurishes the repressed needs of making my own ninja. But Vanessa always gets first dibbs.

18. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

Still banning people over Kage Myke? [​IMG]

19. Phalez16

Phalez16 New Member

I have used Kage since the beginning. Ninjas FTW!

20. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/knCIAH6aGWA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/knCIAH6aGWA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

My favorite one 2:38