1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone is picking up Kage

Discussion in 'Kage' started by social_ruin, Jun 19, 2009.

1. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Classic. I didn't play 3 but I loved watching it, specially at the arcade <3

2. Cool3stNERD

Cool3stNERD Well-Known Member

I definately use to use Kage in VF 1 ... had NO VFs in between 1 and 5 tho... lol. I started 5 with Vanessa and didnt like her then went down the road of Shaolin Kungfu with Lei Fei, then switched to Lau and now I believe my last stop is Kage Maru (Thought is was pronounced "Cage" until last night lol)

3. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

It's about time someone picked up that Kage prick. He's always picking me up and launching me 10 feet into the air.

4. Cool3stNERD

Cool3stNERD Well-Known Member

5. Kagamura

Kagamura Well-Known Member

How fast is that bbk!

6. trollainas

trollainas Active Member

I like the izuna otoshi. rigt,left,P+G,up,P+G. ^____^

Namu~~~~

7. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Best ninja character ever was Saizo from Breakers Revenge... He had the funniest and flashiest combos also...

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Knees up

9. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

How strict are the inputs windows for Kage's full SRK?

[6] [2] [3] [+] [P] [+] [K],[P],[K],[K]

Are the inputs for the P, K, K, two, three, four frame links? Just curious as to how difficult AM2 made the inputs. I figured I'd ask it here rather than create a new thread.

10. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I know its at least 2, just cause its possible to do it consistently. Nothing is THAT tight in regards to executing just frames themselves.

11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I can't find the old test (think it was lost when the site crashed, but I am quite sure VF5 dragon punch timing is the same as FT input windows (in the other thread ): P (4 frame window), K (3 frame window), and last K (2 frame window).

12. DaELFGokulio

DaELFGokulio Member

What I'd like to know is how to do that one combo everyone does in matches, the [4] [6] [P] [+] [G] to [​IMG] [6] [K] combo that can chain to the Kage Yaiba combos or just plain juggling cause I can never get out of the recovery to use the knee effectively.

13. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The trick is to buffer the crouchdash during the throws recovery.
    (starts roughly when Kage's butt leaves the floor as he is rising up). Crouchdash allows 'from crouch' moves to be performed without actually crouching.

Which means that while he is still in the throws recovery you are inputting [3][3][6][K]. This is toward the opponent, TFT switches sides. Its just a matter of timing. You have pretty good leeway although you cant start too early (inputs dont register) or too late (you didnt buffer it enough).

Crouchdash can also be made [3][2][3] if its easier, just rotating the stick between down and downforward. Think of it as df,qcf+K.

14. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

I do it as 2,3,6 2,3,6 K. Yes, VF has shinku inputs LOL.

15. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

16. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Kage rules, yo. Hell, his name is just fun to say in that voice of his.