1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Evolution 2003 DVDs

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2003.

By Myke on Dec 23, 2003 at 9:43 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    DVD Information

You've been waiting, and now it's time for the payoff. The highly anticipated Evolution 2003 DVDs are here! Are you ready to experience the world's best go head to head in some of the craziest matches ever caught on tape? Here's just some of the stuff you can expect:

<ul type="square">[*] Daigo's return to the USA!
    [*] Justins unprecedented 3rd MvC2 World Championship!
    [*] East Coast vs West Coast MvC2 Challenge!
    [*] Chibita and Ohsu Akira, head to head in VF4:Evo!
    [*] KO, Daigo and KSK face the USAs best 3S!
    [*] Jason Cole and the USA ST team in action!
    [*] MIU and the Japanese GGXX players!
    [*] Korea vs USA in TK4!
    [*] Ryan Hart vs Kim Bong Min TTT highlights!
    [*] Dan the Nightmare, SC2 World Champion!
    [*] ... one word... "INO"!!!!!!![/list]
    It's all here. The victories, the defeats, the upsets, the comebacks, the drama, and the excitement. Get yours today! Save 20% if you buy both the 2003 and 2002 Complete set!

EVO2003 Set (both discs)

Over 14 HOURS of tournament matches for EVERY GAME featured at Evolution 2003, including the top 8 finals for all nine games (MvC2, CvS2, GGXX, ST, 3S, VF4:Evo, TTT, TK4, SC2)!!!

EVO2003 2D DVD (disc 1)

Over 8 HOURS of tournament matches for all 2D games featured at Evolution 2003, including the top 8 finals for five games (MvC2, CvS2, GGXX, ST, 3S).

EVO2003 3D DVD (disc 2)

Over 6 hours of tournament matches for all 3D games featured at Evolution 2003, including the top 8 finals for four games (VF4:Evo, TTT, TK4, SC2).

EVOLUTION COMPLETE (2003 + 2002, 4 discs!)

The motherload of all... this 4-disc set contains over TWENTY FOUR HOURS of Evolution 2003 and 2002 tournament matches, You'll see the best in the world go head to head in all of todays most popular fighting games! (save 20%!!!)

<font color="red">Download >> </font>EVO2003 DVD Trailer

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Hayai_JiJi
      Hayai_JiJi
      Got mine ordered.
    2. Myke
      Myke
      EVO2003 DVD Trailer is out. Link can be found in the first post (at the bottom).
    3. Drift
      Drift
      Sweet freakin' nectar!
    4. 60Hz
      60Hz
      Whats with the video quality! WHy is it on DVD should have been on VCD... i have tons of jp DVD's and VHS this has to be the worse i've ever seen... at least the tourny was fat! But come on... the vid quality was terribile for 25 bucks a pop!
    5. Myke
      Myke
      VFDC had nothing to do with the production of the DVDs so it's pointless to complain here. If you have any feedback that you'd like to pass on, go and post it at http://www.shoryuken.com.

I have yet to see the footage myself, and I've heard that the quality took a small hit in order to cram that amount of footage on the DVD, but, it's very watchable.
    6. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      I have it ...video is piss poor. So can people start posting their own personal footage. Thx - brian
    7. Jerky
      Jerky
      I second that. The DVD's out, yay. Let's put up our footage.
    8. KiwE
      KiwE
      Agreed. Shite, I was never there but still agreed! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    9. Heta_Akira
      Heta_Akira
      I ordered my DVD set (both, since I love SFIII 3ST) and it's true that the quality of the video is not very good. In some videos, you can't even read the names of the players.

However, I think that Shoryuken made the videos that way in order to keep the great amount of videos in two DVD.

The solution was of course to incluse more DVDs on the final product, but then again, How many people would had buy with the increase of DVD Disks?

I saw many complains about price even now as it is.
    10. kimheng
      kimheng
      It seems that in the DVD,one match "ohnuki vs mike" is missing:there are only two matches instead of three
    11. ZSS
      ZSS
      That match's been removed by Myke's request so people couldn't see him being owned by Ohnuki ^_^
    12. Myke
      Myke
      I have no problem with people seeing me getting owned.

Anyway, I tried to find out why that match is missing and apparently it was just a mistake. When I get my tapes back from the SRK guys, I'll make that match available for download as well as a heap of other movies from the qualification rounds, casual play, and house parties.
    13. ONISTOMPA
      ONISTOMPA
      Gotta love the way the announcer screams out your name. It's almost as if homeboy was having an orgasm /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    14. Plague
      Plague
      [ QUOTE ]
      Myke said:
      When I get my tapes back from the SRK guys, I'll make that match available for download as well as a heap of other movies from the qualification rounds, casual play, and <font color="yellow">house parties.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAHH!!!!!