1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

[Experimental] VF5FS Lion Combos Compilation

Discussion in 'Lion' started by SG-Lion, Jun 10, 2012.

1. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    i have a few combos (kinda) that have worked online for the most part (if timed right)

4KP --> 2P --> 66KK (just the P in 4KP has to land to make this work)
    3PP --> 2P --> 66KK
    CH3K --> 2P --> 6PP/66KK

they don't do much and they're pretty simple but they're a starting point for me for these types of setups.

2. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Havent had much time to play, but was interested on what you guys thought about the 43p+k bound property?
    Example- (vs light weight opn/clsd)
    43p>2p>43p+k>6pp/66kk> optional 1k+g for non-techers and 2k+g for tech.
    Seems to work, but there is a delay trick to it.

Also, there is a p/2p property right after initial move recovery that allows p/2p to float higher.
    336p+g>6646p+k>hold6p>kk.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Tim! And thanks so much for the Vanilla max damage combo list for Lion!

That said... yeah, the P/2P float higher combo you mentioned was something I only really paid attention to after Chibita vs. Fuudo when Chibita would get the 2_6P+G throw combos on Fuudo.

Right now I'm still using more general combos with only a few stance/character specific combos--but I'm working up early this time.

That said, seeing stances are a bit tricky for me right now as I get used to some animations. I can only do them for moderately high floats too, right now.

But to me, it feels vital in the Akira matchup so I've been spending time in training mode with that.

I love the 43P combo you listed, it's something I've wanted to work in my game and go beyond the 2P --> 6PP universal followup.

I'm not yet doing the 1K+G on non-tech and 2K+G on tech, but I just started working on that a couple of days ago.

Loving Final Showdown!

4. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

One quick question, is 6PP always the follow up after 43P+K bound?

5. Stl_Tim

Sometimes they 662p>66kk or pp4p stance wake up.

6. Righteous_Dream

Righteous_Dream Active Member

If I think it'll ring out yep, or for the kill, but if I think my opponent will tech up then yeah pp4p into stance for a mix up.

7. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

[​IMG]

About the 43P+K bounce after 43P, does it really works on all lightweights any stance ? I tried a few times, it never worked.
    I saw 43P, Low p, 46P+K, 6PP works on a lot of chars in open stance.

About the FC6P+G, dash, 46P+K, P, 43P+K, 6PP combo Chibita was using against Fuudo, I tried on a lot of other chars with no success, I managed to make it work on Lion only once although I can do it consistently on Shun. So I guess it may work on Lion but the timing is a lot harder.

For 33P counter the most damaging combo I got with walls, is PKP (wall) KK, 8P+K for 90 or 92 can't remember.

Near walls 46P+G, KK, 8P+K is guaranteed for 75pts as long as the opponent tries to struggle (even CPU on fastest struggle setting can't block). If he doesn't struggle at all it wil miss, but it obviously opens him to mores damaging options so it may not happen often.

Nowadays I'm going to try 46P+G, 9K, it seems like it's not easy to struggle out of and leads to 90ish damage...

So with 63214P+G (which guarantees a down attack near wall for 70ish) and 46P+G or wall throw, we have 2 throw directions that lead to very good damage, where most chars have only one.

8. AnimalStaccato

AnimalStaccato Well-Known Member

I don't know it you noticed but you can do pkp>_kk for 79 from 33p without a wall. If you get a wall hit after pkp then best I came up with was 46k+g>336p+k>66kk>8p+k for 101. Tested on Pai.

9. Stl_Tim

Chibitox-
    It works and creates a reverse leg flop on the opponent. It's one of those things that is very specific and has a small window.

10. Dennis0201

One more question Tim, does Lion require a lot of foot stance for combos? such as KK?

11. AnimalStaccato

Do anyone know what the fastest time is that you can escape a stagger? Are stagger times different depending on the move?

Anyway I just put this one together:

3p+k>46p+g>3k(wallhit)>44p+k>46k>9p>46p+k>46k+g>336p+k>66kk>8p+k =178(NH),186(CH). Tested on Pai (dno what I got against her today lol!).
    The weak links are the throw and 3k(blocked with cpu on fastest stagger).

Apparently 336p+k will give another stagger on wallhit after 46p+g instead of knocking down now. So you could interchange that with 3k if the distance was not exact. 336p+k seems a lot more reliable for getting a wall stagger and is only 2 less damage.

Q: is the 1 extra frame added by buffering a crouch dash on [​IMG] moves still there.

12. Stl_Tim

Dennis-
    To some degree, but not like vanilla. Some of the old foot stance combos are still the same from vanilla which are now in fs, but there is no point in doing them since dmg ratio is lower. (note-could be there for fast recovery and wake up)
    Example: (clsd)p+k>hold6p>kk. (opn)p+k>2p>46p+kpp.
    In fs: p+k>43p+k>6pp or 2p>6kk. Some rare cases I've seen a double bound, but still working on understanding how and why. All in due time.

13. Dennis0201

Wow, it sounds good! Time to play Lion I guess!!

14. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    my combo you quoted, CH3K --> 2P --> 6PP/66KK, works against certain characters when timed right (the 2P will "bounce" them from the ground). not that practical though since it doesn't do a lot anyway.

15. Chibitox

Are you sure you don't mean 8K ? 3K is the middle kick, I don't see anything comboing after that move.

16. AnimalStaccato

I reckon he means 1K possibly because he plays on P2 side a lot.

17. DomAug

PSN:
    domaug
    OH DAMN i meant 1K now that i look at it lol

oops

the combo is actually CH1K --> 2P --> 66KK/6PP but i haven't tested it that much so i don't know who it'll work on

18. LionsDirtyToes

LionsDirtyToes New Member

Here's my BnB combo -

Dirty Toenail
    41236+P, 44K, P+K, 66K, 1K, 8P

19. Chibitox

I don't think it is a combo at all. Nothing trully combos after 41236+P.

20. Stl_Tim

Random thought to add to the pile:
    When knocking down opponent and expecting a rising attack you can no longer om towards the legs to create a whiff relaunch situation. The solution is to bait rising and use
    4p+k>46k+g>hold 6p>43p+k>6pp or 662p>66kk depending on weight class.
    Btw- sorry I haven't added more, but when I get time I'll give a good effort to add all I've found and know.

Just watched some vids and found:
    3k seems to have enough active frames to crush rising attacks.
    44k+g hits wall>p+k crumple>46k+g>hold 6p>43p+k>6pp. (vs mid weight)
    33p ch>46p+kpp>43p+k>66pp. (vs mid weight)