1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Final Tuned System Changes and Version Updates (Ver. B)

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Pai_Garu, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Re: Final Tuned System Changes and Version Updates

Thought I would throw in a few bits of information.

According to my distribution contacts in Japan, Version B is merely a test at two locations. As of yet, there are no plans for any release of any kind. Keep in mind also that preliminary tournaments for the next FT Championship have started - it is likely that Sega will continue with Version A up to the end of that tourney and then assess any feedback they were able to generate as a result of the tests they're conducting now. The test is dynamic and the changes currenty part of "Version B" may also change over the next little while. It is also very possible that no changes will occur.

Just my 2 cents from recent conversations overseas. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the changes posted so far won't make much of a difference from Version A. AM2 should stop tweaking VF4 and get on with VF5!!!

3. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

My guess is that Ver B will be finalized when they announce the home version. Either at the next National Tournament or at one of the big game shows coming up.

4. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I was just at my local Sega arcade and they put up a sign that said Ver B is coming Jan 6th. So it looks like Sega is pretty much done with Ver B and will be shipping it soon. The sign seems to downplay the changes in Ver B, referring to minor tweaks in balance (no specifics at all), "Ver B" on the screen instead of "A", and upgrading cards to B.

Of course schedules might change, so come Jan 6th, I'll know one way or another and will post here if no one else has.

------
    vf4akiraFT ver B

5. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I just tried to add in the details for the frame data that was missing from the previous list.

Version B Changes
    Source - Feburary Arcadia
    Writer - Astro
    Translation - Noodalls

Akira [6][6][6][P] guarded is changed from -8 to -10
    Pai - [P][P][K][K] guarded is changed from -10 to -15
    Lion - [6][6][K] whiff time increased by two frames
    Lei Fei - [2_][6][P](A2) guarded is changed from -14 to -12
    - [P][P](B2) guarded is changed from -3 to -1. Now forces guard.
    Goh - [4][6][P] disadvantage on minor counter or guard is -5 to -4, disadvantage on normal hit is -2 to +1. *
    [3][P] on small counter is changed from +4 to +6

* Just with this one, I don't know if I got the meaning right. Japanese is
    &#30828;&#21270;&#12364;&#12460;&#12540;&#12489;&#26178; &#65293;&#65301;&#8594;&#65293;&#65300;.
    If that were a &#12363; instead of &#12364; it would be okay, but I don't understand it really as it is.

Anyway, there you go. Srider, if you want to integrate this into your post, feel free.

6. Pai_Garu

I could translate that part you don't know for you if you had posted it correctly. Make sure your encoding is set to Japanese when you are posting the reply (before you hit the continue button at the post screen).

7. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

ÂÂd‰»‚ªƒKÂÂ[Æ’hŽžÂÂ[‚TÂÂèÂÂ|‚S

Hope it works this time.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

I'm hoping for all Goh players that that's a typo. Instead of reading "Kouga Guard", which doesn't really make any sense, I think it should have just read "Guard". In ver.A it's currently -5 and looks like it's been reduced to -4, which is good. However, this move during kouga counter (recovery counter) slams, and if they changed that to -4 as well, Goh players would be spewing blood I'm sure /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

the +1 from goh's b,f+p is interesting. it wont change the option list much, but it may force the FT evade - guaranteed throw state..... still no akira version which gets the +1 on block ~___~*.

what's with the girlie strength from goh anywayz? -- haha, no wonder he's a wuss compared to akira.

btw, the -4 also will give goh a better chance with the shlrm game, just like his df+p elbow!! /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Toronto just got Ver. B

Toronto now has Version B. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will be heading out to the arcade soon enough to feel out the changes.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

11. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Toronto just got Ver. B

You might be disappointed...Danny and I can't tell the difference at all. IMO, a gimmick update so far.

12. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Well Judo isn't really Aggressive hand to hand. Just when u get chucked about is when it hurts, lol.

Doesn't Ver B fix the the df,df+K+G moves with Jacky? Apparently u can do a lot of things during his back dash move.

13. Pushku

Pushku Well-Known Member

I like your Icon RagingSilver, that shit just dances.

14. Pai_Garu

Jacky's SS cancel was fixed in Version A. The first post clearly shows exactly what has been changed since the first public version of FT.

15. FrozenWorm

FrozenWorm Active Member

Well, I'm new in the VF scene, I come from Tekken... I've been a consistent Tekken player from the first one until Tekken 5 in my country (Venezuela) sorry if my english is not good; I speak spanish.

Now, I have some questions...
    - How many VF4/VF4E versions are there for PS2?
    - How do I recognize my Version (I have VF4E NTSC)?
    - Is there an official tier list for VF4E?
    - How can I get familiar with your VF speling system?