1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

For sale: VF 10th Anniversary (PS2) - PAL version

Discussion in 'Store' started by martTM, Mar 12, 2014.

1. martTM

martTM New Member

Hi everyone,

Apologies for this being my first post, but a VF-mad friend pointed me in this direction when I showed him something that I had for sale… I don't want to put it on eBay and would rather it went to a home that cared about it. I'm not even sure this is the right area to put this! Anyway…

I have a PS2 copy of VF 10th Anniversary up for grabs, but what makes it interesting is that it's the PAL version. Looking, I know that it was released as a standalone in Japan and as bonus content in VF4 Evo in the US, but I believe (please, correct me if I'm wrong!) that it was never released in Europe other than as a promo item. Certainly, the one I have is a promo in a jewel case - it's in mint condition and has never even been played. But yeah, I think that classes it as 'rare', which is one of the reasons why I don't fancy putting it on eBay… I hate people that plaster RARE all over their items just to make people look. But then you guys are likely the ones who'll have imported it if you wanted it, so there might not even be anyone here who wants it...

Anyway, that's what I have. Pics attached, in case you want to see it. Open to offers / discussion, so please feel free to get in touch. Cheers!

photo 1.JPG photo.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  2. martTM

martTM New Member

For reference, I HAVE put this up on eBay now at the advice of a friend - already got a bid which has thrown me for a loop. Still seven days to go though…

Here it is!

3. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    I don't think I've seen the PAL-version of this game up anywhere, so in the interest of preserving the game it would be great if you could make a disc image backup of the game and upload it somewhere, but since you're selling it as new and never used I can see that probably won't fly. Nevertheless a pretty rare item in any case, I'm sure you'll get a pretty penny from it.

4. martTM

martTM New Member

Might look into that but, like you say, I'm keen not to use it to preserve value. I'm just wondering about the perceived value versus the ACTUAL value… yes, it's rare as anything, but if no-one's prepared to actually pay for it, it's worthless. :D