1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Free artwork for your VF/game related cause!

Discussion in 'Help' started by Debu, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Debu

Debu Member

Recently, i've been wanting to get into my art more seriously, and so i looked to going to University to study - however, i can see now that it would take me far too long to train up seriously to do art as a profession, so it looks like it's something i'll be leaving to younger, more talented artists.

However, i'm still left with a yearning to get into art more seriously, and this is what i've come up with. My idea is basically to work completely free for anyone who wants artwork/graphics designed; i'm willing to work on projects, without cost, to those who require it done. I'm interested in getting involved with individuals, teams, companies and organisations, or anyone who requires illustration.

So what does this mean for the people of VFDC? Well, i'm extremely interested in working on any fighting game (or other!) projects that you might have; for example (but not limited to!) artwork/graphics for tournament/event material, custom avatars for forums, or even something bigger, like custom designs for arcade sticks. Here's a couple of examples of past work i've done for clients at other fighting game related communities...

http://debureturns.deviantart.com/gallery/4889662#/d4atb0c

http://debureturns.deviantart.com/gallery/4889662#/d4ai3n2

So, if you've got an idea for artwork/graphics, but you want a hand getting it realised, i would very much like to work with you - without cost! If you'd like to get in touch with me, i can be reached by private message here at VFDC, or these other places:

DeviantART: http://debureturns.deviantart.com
    E-Mail: fatal_strike@hotmail.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/debujin

I would really, really like to work with the Virtua Fighter community - i'm a huge fighting games fan, and i've been looking for ways to do my bit for a scene i enjoy so much. I think that together, we could come up with some awesome artwork or graphics, and promote your cause into the deal! Or, if you know someone who wants artwork for some reason, i'd really appreciate it if you'd point them to me! Thank you in advance! [​IMG]

2. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

rofl @ 'LEGOH'...

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I would love an eileen TE stick art. I have a hard time thinking of good artwork to use for her though.

4. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    i would love akira TE stick art!!!i want to mod my TE but i dont know how.!!!:)

5. Debu

Debu Member

PMs sent to Sozos and Tricky.

I'm still looking for potential projects, so please feel free to ask! [​IMG]

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I have a small request if you have the time.

Could you do a VF inspired background image for the PS vita? The resolution for the start screen images and backgrounds are 960 x 544 and i've been looking for stuff but there's not much out there. Only thing I could do is resize some VF artwork that already exists but looking at your stuff I know you could do something more interesting.

Feel free to do your own thing with the artwork, i'm not looking for anything in particular. Also, thanks for the add on PSN [​IMG]

7. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I am very impressed with both your art and generosity. Very cool.

8. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Hey Debu, awesome art! I have a few ideas, sent you a PM.

9. Debu

Debu Member

PMs are about to hit the Inboxes of GodEater, Beligerent_Feck, and TonyFamilia.

Anyone else interested? Totally free, you know! [​IMG]

10. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Your artwork is adorable. I especially love "Legoh." Surprising that there isn't anything of Eileen; she'd surely suit your style.

I'll have to think of some use for your talents.

11. DWR

DWR Well-Known Member

XBL:
    DrVonLee
    Really good fan art, Legoh is AMAZING and I would love to see a "Lego Fighters" wallpaper.

Screw that, just make a Lego Sarah and I'll be an happy man.

12. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    It'd be like the spiritual successor to Virtua Fighter Kids, which I still think needs an anniversary edition with all the new characters.

13. Debu

Debu Member

PMs sent to Genesis and DWR.

I'm still very much open to ideas and projects, so please feel free to get in touch! [​IMG]

14. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Wolf holding a Scotland flag (saltire) standing over a defeated Eileen and her tattered England flag.

15. Manjoume

Manjoume Well-Known Member

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

This image makes my heart sob for eileen's beaten body. Wolf beating up little 16 year old girls. Big man he is.

17. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Hey, if you can fight a ninja and live, you should be considered and treated as a full-grown adult.

Also, I get where Seidon's going with that image, but no one else who just happens upon the artwork is going to understand why the Canadian and the Chinese girl are holding flags from entirely unrelated countries.

18. Debu

Debu Member

*grins* Not trying to derail the current vibe, but is there anyone else out there who's interested in working with me? [​IMG]

19. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Hey, hey, sir. It might be wise to finish what's on your plate before requesting for more. Maybe you work well under the pressure of making a bunch at once; I dunno. I'm just giving you a hard time.

20. Debu

Debu Member

You speak a lot of sense, sir! I very much appreciate the heads-up - sometimes i'm terrible for taking on too much. At the moment, i have a lot of free time, which i'd rather fill with something productive; it's very likely that otherwise, i'd spend it sleeping, or doing something that's not as awesome as coming up with artwork for the VFDC crew.

Thank you for the heads-up! [​IMG]