1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Frontflip oki

Discussion in 'El Blaze' started by Seidon, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aNzjCIHOjs

Made a short video for Mackfactor.

As far as I can tell you can only use the frontflip when you're up close and at an angle to a downed opponent.

This means you can only really use it after throws or if your opponent doesn't tech.

It's possible to flip on reaction. The timing isn't very hard but it may be a bit of an uphill struggle online.

After the flip you can react to the level of attack fairly easily. I buffer shadow hammer and check the level. if it's a mid just press [P]+[K] if it's a low go for [8][P]+[K].

Sometimes you'll be fortunate enough so get behind your opponent. Can probably time the flip to perfection in order to get behind them every time but I haven't really looked at that. If you can get a back low throw by all means go for it, you end up in another oki flip slituation and have some good damage.

I would really reccomend the standing back throw though, Blaze's isn't great and you can net more damage from a shadow hammer.

Just messed about with it some more. My video doesn't cover all the throws that work with this.

I'll list them here:

[6][P]+[G] (dash in)
    [4][P]+[G] (dash in)
    [6][4][P]+[G] (dash in)
    [4][2][P]+[G]
    [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G]![P]+[G]
    [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G]
    [9][P]+[G] (timing is funny, I find it easier to dash first)
    (Opponent's back to wall) [3][P]+[G] (dash) [3][K]
    Left side [P]+[G] (dash in)
    Right Side [P]+[G] (dash in)
    Left Side [4][6] ([6][4])[P]+[G]
    [3][3][P]+[K]+[G]
    Left Side Crouching opponent [2] ([3]) [P]+[K]+[G] (dash in)
    Right Side Crouching opponent [2] ([3]) [P]+[K]+[G] (dash in)
    Behind crouching opponent [2] ([3]) [P]+[K]+[G] (dash in)

These are all the throw setups for the frontflip, others leave you too far away or at an angle which just doesn't work.

EXTRA NOTES:

Any time you stomp someone with [3][K] you can frontflip their wakeup.

Frontflip does not work on Akira because he has homing devices on his feet. [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G] Works because you flip away and not over or through.

If anything else comes to mind I'll post.

2. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    thnks seidon.
    Awesome stuff, im gonna try this out on dennis now
    mwahahah
    : P
    joke.

3. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Very nice video!
    Keep it up Seidon!

4. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I am jealous and i applaud your dedication to the game, taking the time to do a vid in the midst of yet another newer version, wow [​IMG]

Question: is the timing the same on both mid- and low- rising kicks? In other words would those work as fluently if the CPU was set to random? Not that i play Blaze, just out of curiosity [​IMG]

5. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Seidon..
    what are el blazes move that dont throw clash?
    thnks much appreciated

-joke
    : P

6. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yeah, the timing is the exact same. All you need to do is watch what level they're attacking at and punish accordingly.

If you can't check that then using [8][P]+[K] is a safe bet.

7. RawEmpire

RawEmpire Well-Known Member

wow this is old to me. ah well...

8. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Damn. Even i get as far as the 2nd line of the first post in a thread. [​IMG]

Clearly wasn't meant for you, but if you have and more revelations or information please do share.

Keep up the good work Seidon. Do one for Wolf as well [​IMG]

9. Seidon

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Yeah, I wasn't trying to uncover something new just pointing out something that has been about for a while.

Mack generally looks into a lot of random specifics when he's learning characters so when he said he didn't know ab out the frontflip on oki I figured it'd be worth pointing it out.

Folk that hav ebeen playing as or against Blaze for a while will know all about it but for everyone else it's pretty vague for the most part.

Thought it was kinda odd that there was nothing on the forums for such a powerful tool.

If Wolf had a frontflip I'd be all over that.

10. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I mean an Oki vid. I seen to remember you having lots of Oki stuff for Wolf. I would try one for Eileen, but I only know 214P+K, P

11. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Thanks for doing the work, man. This kind of dedication makes VFDC a better place.

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Good job Seidon! Actually I've just recently started learning El Blaze and this video was really helpful for me to see what some of my options are for oki, thank you!

13. ultralewis

ultralewis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    InfamousGeezer
    XBL:
    Infamous Geezer
  14. Mackfactor

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    Seidon u mention same timing also delay and quick as well.? Ty for list I will be using ur oki setups soon.