1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

FS Character Storyline: Jean

Discussion in 'General' started by Modelah, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    This translation contains all of the details from the official Japanese version (http://www.virtuafighter.jp/characters.shtml)

At a summer retreat in Nice, France, two fresh-faced youths were playing during the summer vacation. “Hey Lion, check this out!” Jean showed off a Karate kata he had just learned from his father.

This triggered intense feelings of rivalry in Lion that became immediately obvious. “Okay then,” he said with a cheeky smirk. “I’ll get my father to teach me something even better… yes, Chinese kung fu! Let’s have a showdown of techniques next week! I’m gonna intensively train in secret until then!”

One week passed but on the arranged day, Jean was nowhere to be seen. Frustrated, and unable to stand waiting any longer Lion stormed off toward Jean’s house. Once there, he found nothing but a mountain of rubble, Jean’s house had been completely demolished. Years passed…

In a dimly lit room of a building rumored to be a training facility for J6’s assassination squads, a young man’s stare is fixed upon a glowing monitor. It is Jean. Footage of a match from the 4th World Fighting Tournament is on the screen. It is a replay of the match where Goh was sent crashing out of the tournament by Jacky after being knocked out by his somersault kick.

Jean could barely hide his disdain. “Unbelievable, what a disgrace! Huh, no matter, thanks to him the chance to prove myself has finally come. You have my gratitude, Monsieur Hinogami,” he muttered before leaving the room.

At the venue of the 5th World Fighting Tournament, Jean intently watched the preliminary matches from afar. While taking note of the assassination targets among the martial artists in attendance, he noticed a young man who looked roughly the same age as him. His peculiar style of Chinese kung fu immediately caught Jean’s eye. Jean seethed under his breath, “Tōrō-ken? Who is he?” His eyes narrowed. “Huh. It doesn’t matter who he is. I’ll fill his life with despair!”

Perhaps the result of years of J6’s brainwashing, Jean’s eyes shone with a sharp, steely confidence as he entered the tournament.

Project Bokuho, Shinobi, Jide and 5 others like this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I hate jean even more now.

3. BlackGeneral

BlackGeneral The Emperor of Elbows Bronze Supporter Content Manager Akira

PSN:
    BlackGeneral
    XBL:
    BeeGee VFDC
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

4. RafaelLew

RafaelLew Well-Known Member