1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Fuzzy after 66p online

Discussion in 'Akira' started by social_ruin, Oct 20, 2010.

1. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

Am i the only one who can't get fuzzy guard to work online after 66p is blocked? About 90% of the time i get hit staggered from a ducking state when i am fuzzying as quick as i can.

2. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

Happens to me with my characters that get left with the same recovery. Also, nitaku gets fuzzied too O_O

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    online....

No, I don't bother with fuzzy in online either most of the time..

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Online is the key word. It doesn't help when you have a laggy lcd too even with VF's lenient buffering system.

5. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If it's too laggy to fuzzy then you're definately playing online pseudoVF. It's like playing checkers with a chess set. Sometimes fun, but not the same game and often pointless.

I fuzzy after 66P about 50% of the time. If it's too laggy to fuzzy at all then i probably won't be hanging around very long.

Switching from HDMI to my TVs PC input seems to have helped things.

6. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Have you ever tryed to do crouch fuzzy?

7. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Agreed. I've updated the thread topic.

8. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

social, when we did akira mirror matches you couldn't get fuzzy to work? seems our connection isn't that bad though

9. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

In hindsight i can't say i remember from our set. I just meant in general and was wondering how other peoples experience went with it.

And yeah slide, i noticed about 2 times when i fuzzy'd right out of a nikatu and once where i ducked a throw at -11.

10. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    on a good 2 bar connection fuzzy works about 60 percent.
    1 bar japan ( strong 1 bar ) connection about 30-40 percent of the time.
    3 bars 75 percent effeciency.. in my personal experience

if the move has a high recovery time, u have a lil more time to do it, so it can be done. but fuzzy after p, 2p, elbow, with very fast recovery time.. its hard online without 3 strong bars