1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

GBoD Training - My training regime, might help others

Discussion in 'Akira' started by Junsuina Chikara, May 11, 2013.

1. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Hi all. I think I've finally mastered the GBoD now. It took me a while but I found out some things that make it a lot easier to do. First of which, the "on hit" business between the first and second parts is bs. Even though it says that in the command list, I can confirm that I have buffered the second part off an evade or offensive move (OM) so don't worry about the timing of the second part. For the third part, it basically comes down to which direction you're more comfortable with. Personally, QCF ([2][3][6][P]) is easier for me to do than [2][1][4] so regardless if I'm on 1P or 2P side, I always do it [2][3][6]. For the fourth part, I just start off in the reverse direction of the end of the third part so I move [4][6][P][+][K]. That's in regards to inputs. In terms of the mental training of doing it in a match, I developed a training regime for practicing it.

First of all, set the training to dummy to Guard. If you don't, it definitely won't work :D

Here is my method of training to doing it, starting from 1P side:

[4][3][P][8][5] [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[4][3][P][2][5] [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[3][K][+][G][P][8][5] [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[3][K][+][G][P][2][5] [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[2][K][+][G][P][8][5] [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[2][K][+][G][P][2][5] [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

That covers the moves where you can move to the side as part of the move. I make sure that I can do all 6 setups consecutively. That's just a matter of my own personal discipline.

[P][K]([G]!) [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[P][K]([G]!) [8][P][K][G] (OM) [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[P][K]([G]!) [2][P][K][G] (OM) [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[P][K]([G]!) [8][6][6] (Evade Dash Cancel / EDC) [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

[P][K]([G]!) [2][6][6] (EDC) [3][P][+][K][+][G][4][3][P][+][K][2][3][6][P][4][6][P][+][K]

Then just do the same training on 2P side.

That's it. Also, it helps if you set yourself a target like 10 GBoDs in a row. I only managed this on 1P side and got up to 6-7 on 2P side. This method of training is great for getting the GBoD down consistently. As some of you have noticed online, I'm pretty consistent with it. Anyway, I hope it helps for those who want to add the GBoD to their arsenal of moves. As Feck has previously mentioned, if you are playing against a lightweight, it's better to use the regular GB ([6][P][K][G]) because you can get 70+ damage off it so it's better to use that for more damage but for middleweights and up, GBoD is the way to go.

2. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    To the 46 viewers, your welcome :p

Feck likes this.
  3. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    The move that has always kicked my ass...I want to make this move part of my arsenal as well-Thanks for the training guide!