1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh being pinned down by rapid attacks

Discussion in 'Goh' started by romeo_longsword, Jul 26, 2005.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

honestly, this is me being as breif as i can! /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

goh ROCKS!, lolol

2. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

Im a Goh player myself. I've only one complaint, and since this appears to be the thread for Goh, I think I'll post here. Awesome thread though.

He sucks at gaining ground. Can anyone post any advice on how to gain ground without resorting to a throw to possition swap?

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

gaining ground, not sure what you mean.

4. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

Like if at the corner of the ring. I find it hard to leave the corner. Most characters do a good deal of knockback, Even if blocked you get pushed around the ring.

Goh however advances 1/2 a step most of the time.

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

mabye ur just pressured into blocking, the tools on the previous page should help u deal with most of it.

goh has loads of options to gain ground against pressure

---------

but the obvious goes like this:

if u block a big attack, you have advantage, use it to strike back with K, which is a great push away tool.

if u block a small attack, strike back with elbow. you suddenly control the pressure. if your elbow gets blocked, goh has less worry then most characters. shoulder ram will beat their elbow or low P, but careful not to rely on this because it's easily beatable if the opponent sees you whoring it.

6. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

I just have 2 comments really. Firstly [3][3][6][P]+[K] is not impossible with a pad. I do it all the time, it just takes practice. I'm sure most of you know that but I don't think anyone has made a point of this in this thread.

Secondly, I think I know what is meant by being unable to gain ground with Goh. I found it difficult to pass the wall breaking challenge with him which would have been stupidly easy with any other character. You can push the opponent back a fair way with the set ups after[6][6][P]+[G] as well as a counter hit with [K].

7. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

lmao, of course goh's modified shrm is possible. if it wasn't, akira would be unplayable.