1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh - Cheap Ringouts.

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Horsepool, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

Though hard to do against a human, it may help those Goh players having issues doing any quest orders involving ringouts, as Goh isn't exactly the best at gaining ground.

From the Tsukami, do [4] [4] [P]+[G] while near the edge of the ring, but enough room to do the two steps back, you will get a ringout. this appears to work everytime. I haven't had a case of Goh being rungout. I'm sure there are more throws from the Tsukami that allow for this kind of abuse but I havent explored it much due to the limited ammount of time I have with my PS2.

legumelad likes this.
  2. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

I find that simply doing one back step and then throwing is better, as it gives the opponent less chance to escape (remember that [4][4] [P]+[G] is the most powerful option), and it is also less risky in terms of Goh ending up out of the ring. ...

3. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I've found Jeffry's d/b+P+G and Vanessa's P+G to work perfectly.

Jeffry's d/b+P+G is fun as hell with a wall too.

legumelad likes this.
  4. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ev2 said:

I find that simply doing one back step and then throwing is better, as it gives the opponent less chance to escape (remember that [4][4] [P]+[G] is the most powerful option), and it is also less risky in terms of Goh ending up out of the ring. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent tried with one. Like i said my time is limited, sometime I should do a detailed look into it. As for Goh ringing out, i've yet to have it happen, and I've done it from many spots. Though again, see my previous statement.

5. alphanumeric

alphanumeric Member

But if you're doing quest orders, you can always just back up to near the edge, wait them out (either a guarenteed throw pos, or the AI just standing, which it does a lot if you don't do anything.) And just do a position switch move, or with Goh something like [3][3][P]+[G]
    This also works for winning in under 10 seconds

legumelad likes this.
  6. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

goh is one of the worst characters in the game for RO.

7. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hi¬

Goh is absolutely great for ring outs¬ /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

back toward the edge:
    [4]+[P]+[G] -- HCB+p+g, it wont work as well¬!!, the b+p+g hs some nice distance to it when you toss the opp behind, and it's somewhat easy for them to slide out, some throws can get glitchy with the edge because of arqwark landing positioning..

tsukami ¬ [4]+[P]+[G] <--------- absolute fun, any other tsukami throw doesnt work as well.

front toward the edge:
    [6][6][P]+[G] <---- standard
    [3][3]+[P]+[G] <----- THE ring out throw

Tsukami [6][6]+[P]+[G] -- if u can time it close to the edge, this is great for ring outs¬

misc:
    [K] <------------- on MC this pushes the opp some distance
    [4]+[P]+[K] (charged) <----- good timing on failed evade or a b,f+p on guard stagger.
    [4]+[P]+[K], [P],[P], [K] <------ ehh it works, lol

enjoy¬!!

8. MoonSoo

MoonSoo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BK__ said:
    [3][3]+[P]+[G] <----- THE ring out throw

[/ QUOTE ]If the opponent is in front of the edge, then this is the perfect throw. If Goh is by the edge, do a [4][1][2][3][6][P]+[G]

9. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Plz plz plz come to the city & play w/ us MoonSoo. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh don't forget about Goh's [6][P][G] towards the edge.

10. MoonSoo

MoonSoo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

Plz plz plz come to the city & play w/ us MoonSoo. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]*sigh* If only I had the time and money. I'm still only in high school, and the arcade here doesn't have VF 4 Evo.

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:Oh don't forget about Goh's [6][P][G] towards the edge.

[/ QUOTE ]Do you mean [6][6][P]+[G]?

legumelad likes this.
  11. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

No, I'd mean [4][P][G]. while 1p goh's back is facing the edge of the ring.

12. MoonSoo

MoonSoo Member

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

No, I'd mean [4][P][G]. while 1p goh's back is facing the edge of the ring.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh yes, that throw. I must've read that wrong. That actually is pretty good, especially since it can move the opponent closer to the ring out. Another good one is say that you wanted to dash, you could immedietly follow up with a [6_][2_][P]+[G]. Easiest part about it is that when you dash, you only need to push [2_][P]+[G], since you already got the foward part down. Only problem is that it really wouldn't ring him/her out, but it'll most likely keep the opponent by the edge now.