1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh combo compilation thread.

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Combolammas, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    It hurts to look at all those numbers. Why aren't arrows viewed as more convenient?

2. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    They are all staple comboes against the listed character, just with different effects. Look at the notes.

The arrows don't even work now plus they are very annoying to write or select from the smiley list for every direction, it's easier to just list the numbers as they get the message through just the same.

TheMeth90 likes this.
  3. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    It is far more convenient for the writer, yes, and for discussions, it's reasonable. It just makes it very hard when looking at a lengthy list. I feel that compilations are easier to work with when reading if they're presented with the icons. It's still a very helpful thread; I don't see the harm in making the suggestion.

4. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

No, it's not really 'essential' info, just stuff for squeezing more out of your launcers. I don't think there is a bnb list anywhere but if you look through this thread and the old combo thread I'm fairly sure you'll notice a lot of the combos work almost thoughout the cast. There is of course the combolist but so far nothings been done with the Goh part.

When it is completed, you'll have access to a combo list where you can check who any combo works on and with those silly arrows too.

Here's a quick new-to-Goh combolist

Launch, P, 46P+K,P,6P
    For 3P+K, 4P+Kc, 46K sabaki and CH 66K replace P with 2P

For Taka combos, check the Taka message.

Done

Genzen and TheMeth90 like this.
  5. TheMeth90

TheMeth90 Member

Btw, thanks for your work guys, very helpful and appreciated. :)

6. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    There is no official BnB's in VF, you really just have to know what series or what move will get you damage on a character. THEN figure out what combo you can do on which character.

Stuff like 6K CH into 3KP, P, 46P+KP6P or 46P, P, 46P+KP6P. Stuff like this wont work on Taka though, you need special combos for that dude.

7. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Goh actually has a pretty simple list of basic BNBs that either work throughout the cast or at least on big groups. To break it down a bit more than just "P, 46P+K,P,6P", none of this is applicable on Taka.

46P, P, 46P+K,P,6P ALL

33P, dash P, 46P+K,P,6P ALL

1P+K, P, 66P+K, 3P,P ALL
    1P+K, P, 4P+K, 46P+K,P,6P ALL but Wolf and Jeff, use the above one
    1P+K, P, 9P+K, 4P+K, 6K!P+G Girls + Blaze & Lion

4P+K, P, 66P+K, 3P,P ALL
    4P+K, P, 66P+K, 46P+K,P,6P Up to Akira I think. If not then up to Jacky. So not on Wolf, Jeff and maybe Akira.

3K,P, P, 46P+K,P,6P ALL

3P+K / 4P+Kc / 46Ks, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P ALL
    CH 66K, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P ALL

6K+G, 9P+K, 4P+K, 46P+K,P,6P ALL

That should be enough to cover up the BNB's and give you the basic rundown of what Goh's juggling is mostly about. You want the other launches you can ask or check one of the messages for ideas and/or go to work on it on your own.

Genzen and Kirbilot like this.
  8. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

Here are 2 combos work for pai/sarah/van/lion/shun and first one sober 3 drinks:
    4p+k, 46p, p, 66p+k*, 3pp (81)
    4p+k, 46p+kp, p, 6k!p+g (83)
    *No wasted frame in buffering 66p+k

And this one is for taka with one pt less dmg than the one ends with hit throw for better okizeme:
    6+k(ch) or 4+p+k, 1p+k, 9p+k, 46p+kp, 2_3p+k

Cozby and Combolammas like this.
  9. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Another one with massive damage:

3KP, 46P, 2P, 46P+KP6P on counter it does 100 wich is the best damage overall that you can get with this launcher iirc.
    It works in open stance on a some chars with no delay (Jacky) and so it's possible to do it in close stance after 6K(CH) for a whooping 117pts :cool:
    It works both stances on Pai with no timing required. I'll try to come up with a better list after some tests.:p

10. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    That could be a nasty meaty ! :D
    edit: no my bad it would be oc not CH..

11. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

From 3kp it will work on crouch in open stance for 90.
    Tested OK on Jean, Jacky, Brad, Lei, Lau
    Won't work on akira, kage, goh for sure. against lightweights it seems it will be hard to do.

12. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Awesome stuff people, awesome stuff.
    I tested that combo on Eileen and italso works with 1FK before 2P but it's closed stance only. Open for 6K starter since that changes stance.

Working on Jacky is nice. You can hit 88 from 3K (or 115 from 6K) on Jacky with no stance requirements but the combo is hard. (3K,P, 3P, 2P, 46P+K*P,6P, there a delay at the *)

Looks like they didn't change Pai having nice long legs for easy, stance free combo pickups. I remember being able to use combos stance free on Pai while they were stance specific on everyone else in ver.C.

13. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

AKIRA

46P, P, 46P+K,P,6P 62

33P, 4P+K, P, 46P+K,P,6P 75
    4P+K before Akiras feet are at 90 degree angle towards the sky.

oc 3K,P, P, 46P+K,P,6P 79

1P+K, P, 4P+K, 46P+K,P,6P 83 (97)
    oc 1P+K, P, 46P+K,P,6P 70
    CH 1P+K, P, 9P+K, 46P+K,P,6P 98 Open
    The usual BNB, it works up to Akira. Added the OC one since I remembered to. The CH and stance specific one only does 1 point more than the stance free BNB on CH but I added it for completeness sake.

4P+K, 3P, P, 46P+K,P,6P 74 (85)
    CH 4P+K, P, 66P+K, 46P+K,P,6P 87 Open
    oc 4P+K, P, 46P+K,P,6P 64
    On CH you can switch 3P, P to P, 3P but on normal hit it only works in that order, so why would you. Added aCH / stance specific one here too.

3P+K, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P 61

4P+Kc, d2P, 46P+K,P,6P 76
    4P+Kc, 4P+K, 3P,P 76
    Looks like there's an option for equal damage that allows for spinning knockdown finish.

46Ks, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P 63

9P+K, 2_3P+K 41
    9P+K, 1FK 2P, 3P 41
    The second one does equal damage but it recovers a little bit better since Akira gets shot up a bit before allowing for tech. While I'm usually not adding nonbos in the list I'll mention that 9P+K, 3P, 2P, 2_3P+K must be exact recovered by Akira or it'll hit for 59-

6K+G, 9P+K, 4P+K, 46P+K,P,6P 86
    6K+G, 9P+K, 4P+K, 6K!P+G 86

66P+G, P, 46P+K,P,6P 65

BT P+G, 3P,P 54
    Just since I mentioned the earlier exact recoverable one, I'll also mention this here. 3P, 2P, 46P+K,P6P must be exact recovered. This stuff is applicapble on many characters even though I've never mentioned it before (since it's not a real combo). You can change the timing of 3P for different kinds of floats allowing for less escape opportunites / better oki.
    CH 6K, 3K,P, P, 46P+K,P,6P 106

CH 66K, 2P, 46P+K,P,6P 78
    CH 66K, 2P, 6_P, 46P+K,P,6P 83 Open

CH P+K, d2P, 6_P, 3P,P 69
    CH P+K, d2P, 46P+K,P,6P 71
    3P refloat doesn't work on Akira.

CH 66P+K, P, 46P+K,P,6P 72

CH side K, 9P+K, 4P+K, 46P+K,P,6P 100
    CH side K, 9P+K, 4P+K,6K!P+G 100
    This thing has been reliable on everyone so far. I thought it wouldn't but I guess the issues I've had in matches (9P+K not connecting) has more to do with distance, not the character it's done on.

14. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    hey bro, i suspect the same thing after going through Akira's max damage combos. Vanessa gets rocked by combos that affect only the 3 super lightweights. Sorry to crash your thread, just thought I would share.

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I actually noticed your testings. I check the Akira combo thread from time to time even though I don't play him.

16. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Ok, so here are some wall combos, don't really mind the starter 6P+K, the most interesting thing is IMO the BT K, I wouldn't have thought of it ^^":

Source with the video : http://ameblo.jp/mamurubonbon/entry-11331099310.html

Taka

6P+K>1P+K>9P+K>6KP+G
    6P+K>1P+K>9P+K>46P+KP6P
    6P+K>1P+K>9P+K>4P+K>3PP
    6P+K>1P+K>9P+K>4P+K>6KP+G
    6K(CH)>2_3P+K>4K>1P+K>9P+K>4P+K>6KP+G

Heavy weights

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K>9P+K>P>66P+K>4K+G :
    6P+K>1P+K>4P+K(max charge)>9P+K>6P+K>6KP+G
    6P+K>1P+K>4P+K(max charge)>9P+K>6P+K>3PP

Middle weights

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K>9P+K>P>66P+K>4K+G

6P+K>3P+K>2P>3P>9P+K>46P+KP6P

6P+K>33P>9P+K>44P>BT K>DM front >3PP

6P+K>3P+K>2P>3P>9P+K>6KP+G

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K(max charge)>9P+K>6P+K>P>2_3P+K

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K(max charge)>9P+K>6P+K>3PP

Light weights

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K>9P+K>P>66P+K>4K+G

6P+K>33P>9P+K>44P>BT K>DM front>3PP

6P+K>3P+K>2P>3P>9P+K>P>66P+K>4K+G

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K(max charge)>9P+K>6P+K>P>66P+K>3PP

Super light weights

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K>9P+K>P>66P+K>3PP>2_3P+K

6P+K>3P+K>2P>3P>9P+K>1P+K>DM front>3PP>2_3P+K

6P+K>33P>9P+K>44P>BT K>DM front>3PP>2_3P+K

6P+K>1P+K>4P+K(max charge)>9P+K>6P+K>P>66P+K>3PP>2_3P+K

Myke likes this.
  17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I've decided to play around with Goh recently and was looking for wall combos on his Combos page but didn't find any so I added two basic ones in. But then I found this gold mine of a post! @Combolammas any plans to add these to the combo page soon?

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I added some (not all yet) and put a side wall stun category there to boot.

no_w_h_ere and Myke like this.
  19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I was just pressing some buttons in dojo to get some feel for the game again and I kinda sorta stumbled upon a decent 46P combo against Aoi.

46P, 3P, 2P, 46P+KP6P
    71 damage

The catch is that it's not completely straight forward. You can land it 3 ways.

delay 3P as long as possible, don't delay anything else. This is a real bitch from open stance and I wouldn't call it reliable.

delay 3P slightly and do a 1 frame kill on 2P. This is also kinda finicky since the window for the correct timing is small and you just have to do it manually.

The 3rd option however is something I never tried before for this particular combo

no delay on 3P and do 2P with 333P+K+G. I dunno why this works but it seems to kill 2 frames if you do it right (I've used this same method reliably for years in the 3KP combo against Vanessa).

So if you want 4 more damage against Aoi from both stances and are comfy with that input, there you go. BTW this won't work if you hit 46P from max distance since that causes 3P to hit on it's 2nd active and that'll mess it up.

SUGATA, Myke and Blessy like this.
  20. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Since I managed to remind me of it today there's also 3KP, P+K, 2P, 46P+KP6P against Vanessa that I don't think has ever been mentioned here. Same damage as the 3KP, 46P... combo and no funky timings.

Blessy likes this.