1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh figure

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Maximus, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Hey has anyone besides me discovered these combo's:[6][K](counter hit), [6][P]+[K][P]. And [4][P]+[K], [4][6][P], [2_][6][P]+[K]. The last combo is good for all except Akira, Jacky, and heavyweights and it only works on closed foot position. Also to mention both combo's do 70 damage.

Oh, and by the way, does [4][P]+[K], [P], [6][P][P] only work on open foot 'cause I tried hard and only got it to work on open foot. Is it posiible to do it on closed foot.

If any of these combo's were posted then sorry, I probably was just too lazy to search.

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hi.

Plz never to too lazy to search.

Thanks

3. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and by the way, does [4][P]+[K], [P], [6][P][P] only work on open foot 'cause I tried hard and only got it to work on open foot. Is it posiible to do it on closed foot.

If any of these combo's were posted then sorry, I probably was just too lazy to search.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open stance only.

Check out Creed's guide and Hiro's memorandum

4. Maximus

Some of the stuff posted on Hiros and Creeds post seem kinda not as damaging. The combos that I tried that they say to like 89 or something seem wrong. Like [6][K](MC), [4][6][P]+[K], [2][P],[K] dosen't do as much damage when I tried it. The combo's that do more than 80 or 90 are one with a throw involved.

Anyone want to clarify some things for me because with the combo's that I've posted are my most damaging ones. To tell the truth I've done pretty good with these combo's so if anyone has any better ideas about combo's then by all means post something.

5. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Please read the guides more closely. The max damage combos have been found a long time ago and are reflected in those guides and other threads before. You were told what you needed to do twice even to answer your question. The possibilities of you finding out something new is next to zero. Posts like yours are a waste of time for those people helping and those receiving help.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Your post is NOT a waste of time. Any time someone spends the time to figure out combos, and takes the initiative to find out the most damaging combos, this is a GOOD THING. After all, there is a reason why "Help Center >> Character and Technique Training" forum exists.

However, do read around--you'll find a wealth of potentially useful information.

7. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It's only not a waste of time if you went through the guides carefully and understand how the combos work and found ones that are potentially higher damage. That is not, however, what you did. You didn't add up the dmg correctly, and possibly did not do the combo correctly as described. Hopefully you understood why people replied the way they did.

8. Maximus

Hmm, well it seems that I'm getting mixed reviews on this matter. To be honest I apreciate all advice given, even the negative. Hey, maybe I missed something or maybe I added up the dmg wrong, but all I can say is that right now, like I said before, is that the combos that I posted are my most useful and damaging. That's all I have to say. I'll go and keep trying the combo's that were posted by Hiro and Creed and see if I can get the max results out of those combo's. And if I don't get anyhting out of them, well I'll still be happy with what I know and I will most likely amp up my skills and try to be as good as I can be with my combos.

9. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Goh combos

Just to add something, I thought the title of the thread was a little confusing. I thought someone was posting about a VF toy figure or something. Even with the intended pun, it wasn't clear what the was supposed to be about.

Further more to Hiro's and Creed's work, I copied up Goh's Combo Search from the Evo disc. In general, the combos it lists are the most powerful (note some have found a few combos for some characters which do better damage than those given in combo search but only a few and they were all posted an awful long time ago on here somewhere):

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/112267/page/1/fpart/1/vc/1

10. Maximus

Re: Goh combos

Hey man thanks a lot. All of the combos posted on your page actually make sense. I have to admit that some of the stuff that Hiro and Creed posted were a little confusing. You don't mind if I post my combos on your post do you. They are simple and do like 70 dmg. Again thanks for leading me to your post, it's really awsome.

Oh, and by the way sorry for being so vague on my post. For my future posts I will now make my posts so that they make sense and are right to the point. Thanks for pointing that out, to be honest I just wanted the post to sound cool.

11. LM_Akira

Yeah no worries at all, it's just when I saw the title of the thread, I half assumed it was a thread about VF figures or something so didn't read it at first as I have no interest in collectibles like that. In fact I don't even know if you can get VF figures, I know you can get Street Fighter and Tekken ones. Anyhows it's all resolved now. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

actually, I have seen VF figures.....

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Are you sure you've tried the combos in those documents? knee counter > [4][P]+[K] > <insert combo> should, for example, have higher damage then knee counter > [6][P]+[K][P]

14. Maximus

Yeah, 'cause I tried it and it didn't do as much dmg as my knee counter, [6][P][K][P] and my [4][P][K], [4][6][P], shoulder ram.

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hmm then you're doing something wrong.

16. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

when goh's knee MC's, often times the 4PK will not count as part of the combo because it hits on the last frame of recovery (much like lau's 8K -> 46P). Add up the damage from the knee's MC to get the real combo damage.

17. LM_Akira

Something else to point out...

[4][P]+[K] > [4][6][P] > [2_][6][P]+[K]

needs to MC on the first hit (in closed) and then it'll do 70 damage. Not sure about lighter chars but it definately needs the MC to work against heavier ones. It'll work up to Akira but the timing on the shrm is very tight vs Akira, slightly easier vs Jacky.

Oh and

knee(MC) > [6][P]+[K][P]

does actually combo as 70 damage in training.

18. Maximus

Yeah I kinda forgot to say that [4][P]+[K], [4][6][P], shldr on heavier ones it will recquire counter hit. On lightweights it works on normal hit so it's practically secured to complete.