1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh: Final Tuned

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Myke, Aug 20, 2004.

1. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    b4k4 said:
    I play Goh. I've been at Metro the last three weeks playing him. Wth is his new SPoD command?

[/ QUOTE ]

[6]+[P]+[K]+[G][4][3]+[P]+[K][4][1][2][3][6]+[P]+[G]

or

[6]+[P]+[K]+[G][4][3]+[P]+[K][6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G]

kbcat

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

<font color="white">Goh Hinogami</font>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="white">Overview</font>

In Final Tuned, new moves such as the long reaching [6][6][K], and the quick front roll [P]+[K]+[G] have been added to Goh’s arsenal. Although it is great that Goh’s previously weak range game have been improved and diversified, it’s unfortunate that Goh is still unable to beat back dash evades due to the linear properties of those moves. In addition, his sabakis against most attacks have been weakened, but his strong point, the close up game, have been strengthened. In this version of VF, the key point for Goh is his ability to control the game at close distance no matter what the opponent tries. Equipped with new and renewed moves, we can expect to see a realization of his true potential.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="white">Change moves</font>

A1 Tettsui

[4][P]
    This move leaves Goh at +4 on normal hit and forces crouch. Any counter above small counter will guarantee a low throw. It’s to be noted that the recovery on guard is now smaller than before. It’s a difficult move to find a good place to use, but because of its properties, it’s a very attractive move to use.

A2 Chiryuusatsu

[4][P]
    The motion for this move is vastly similar to Tettsui. This move executes one frame faster, and the reach is also a little longer. On normal hit, Goh is at +2, and it forces crouch. The key point about this move is that on counter hit, you will float the opponent for a potentially small combo opportunity.

B1 Tsuchigumo

[6][6][P]+[G]
    This is Goh’s catch throw from Evo. The good thing about this move is that you can follow up the throw with a combo for big damage potential. However, it’s a slow catch throw that has a big window for throw escape.

B2 Onigumo

[6][6][P]+[G]
    This is the catch throw part from Goh’s [P]+[K][P]+[G]. The move has a rather far reach so you can do it from about two character’s length away. The down point for this move is that even if you successfully hit it, it still will take some sort of guess work to get damage from it.

<font color="white">New Moves and Key Changes</font>

[P][K] – You can input [4] afterwards to keep Goh back turned. On normal hit, Goh is at -1, but if you go back turned, Goh will be at +3.

[3][P] – On hits more than mid counter, Goh is now at +6. However, you can no longer throw the opponent during the stagger as before.

[4][3][P] – On large counter, this move will cause a foot collapse.

[4][4][P] – This attack will turn Goh around and attack high, and leave Goh backturned. On hit, it will leave Goh at advantage, on counter hit, you can force a backturned [2][P] or backturned [P]+[G] nitaku situation.

[3][P]+[K] – On a successful sabaki against characters that are not lightweights, a throw is now guaranteed in both stances.

[4][3][P]+[K] – The advantage after a successful sabaki is now shorter, and does not guaranteed a [4][P]+[K] anymore. If you sabaki between a -2~even situation, his hit throw is guaranteed.

[6][6][K] – A mid attack with a very long range. Although the execution is a bit slow, it leaves Goh at +2 on normal hit, and crumples on counter hits which you can follow with a combo.

[K]+[G][P] – A full circular high attack that is hard to counter on guard due to the possible follow up mid attack. The second hit will cause a stomach crumple on hit, but is throw counterable on guard.

[P]+[K]+[G] – A special movement that will close in on the opponent quickly, it is possible to avoid an opponent’s attack with this move. You can also do this move after Goh’s throws have been escaped and it leaves him sideways so you can roll away to avoid possible attacks by the opponent.

[6][4][P]+[G] – New throw with average damage. If you can make the opponent hit the wall after this throw, you can follow up with [6][6][K].

[4][6][P]+[G] – New average damage throw, nothing special here.

HCB [P]+[G] – There is a new animation for this throw, but the damage is decreased to 55 dmg.

270 [4][P]+[G] – This is the old HCB [P]+[G].

[6][P]+[K]+[G][4][3][P]+[K] HCF [P]+[G] – Slow mid hit that leads into hit throw. It’s possible that you can ring yourself out with this version.

[6][P]+[K]+[G][4][3][P]+[K] HCB [P]+[G] – Same as above except you are less likely to ring yourself out.

(back turned) [2][P] – Mid attack from back turned, +5 on counter, on large counter low throw is guaranteed. (This is basically [4][P] A1.)

(back turned) [P]+[G] – This is Goh’s new throw from back turned and it is not escapable. If this connects you can combo with [6][6][K].

[6][6][P]+[K] – This move is now +6 on hit, and +13 on all counter hits.

Other notes: [3][3][P]+[G]’s throw escape animation is changed. [4][6][K] now only crumples on successful sabaki.

<font color="white">Execution Frames for Key Moves</font>

[P] 12
    [4][6][P] 13
    [3][P] 14
    [K] 16
    [3][K] 16
    [6][P]+[K] 16
    [2_][6][P]+[K] 16
    [6][6][P] 16
    [6][K] 17
    [6][6][K] 19
    [K]+[G] 20
    [6][P]+[K]+[G] 20
    [4][6][K] 22
    [4][3][P] 23
    [4][P]+[K] 23

Source: Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned Master Guide

3. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

srider-
    great info, and thanks for all the posts in the sections. But.. what do you mean by 'small counter'? Is this yellow counter, or minor counter? I'd assume the latter, but want to make sure.

4. Pai_Garu

Just to quickly explain the term used here.

Small counter is yellow counter
    Medium counter is red counter
    Large counter is red counter with screen shake

I'm staying away from using the term "minor counter" in FT because it is not the same thing as a small counter. If I translate the term directly from japanese it means "frozen counter" as in the time the opponent is "frozen" after a move is executed.

I actually wanted to ask people what terminology should be used, or if they wanted to keep it the way it is. I just thought using the terms minor and small simultaneously might cause confusions....

5. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I actually wanted to ask people what terminology should be used, or if they wanted to keep it the way it is. I just thought using the terms minor and small simultaneously might cause confusions....

[/ QUOTE ]

Myke and I were discussing this as we move forward on updating the movelists for VFDC. We agreed that the term Major Counter still applies, and thus MC will remain. On that note, we've abbreviated the new MC classes as the following,

SCH - small counter hit
    MCH - medium counter hit
    HCH - hard counter hit

< Myke, did I get that right? >

Anyways - that's as what we came up with. Thoughts?

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

6. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

hmm i always was under the impression of

mC = minor (recovery) counter
    YC = yellow counter
    RC = red counter
    SRC = shaky red counter

"someone" needs to post something 'officially' denoting these abbreviations cough cough cough

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I have a few questions about Goh's new "SPoD"

1. What's the recovery for [6][P]+[K]+[G]? If it's punch counterable then I hope it's at least semicircular.

2. Can the followups be escaped?

8. Pai_Garu

It is a linear attack that is -14 on guard and -10 on any hit including counter hits.

The follow ups are not escapable.

9. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SiYkO said:

hmm i always was under the impression of

mC = minor (recovery) counter
    YC = yellow counter
    RC = red counter
    SRC = shaky red counter

"someone" needs to post something 'officially' denoting these abbreviations cough cough cough

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with SiYkO -- I am under the same impression. These terms are very intuitive since it directly relates to what one experiences in game.

kbcat

10. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

If Goh does his "Spod" (someone should name it) and rolls out with them, I mean with them in the roll, won't the opponent be the first to touch the ground so he can use it as a RO throw? (Or will he always be the first to go outside)?

Thanks for the translations, great stuff. Finally got info about the [4][4][P]! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/KiwE

11. Pai_Garu

The Japanese name is Basara.

The throw puts Goh at the other side of the opponent from where he started the hit throw, so what might happen is that the opponent lands at the end of the ring, and you fall out when you stand up.

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Myke, noodalls, Srider, thanks for the translations--very helpful!

I played Goh quite a lot yesterday--maybe 30 or so matches against human competition. I have to say, I really like playing him in FT. A few random points:

- Sega is really trying to make Goh the arch-enemy of Akira. Note the intro where they stand side-by-side, and also the similarity of moves: a DE attack, a shoulder ram, a lunging low attack, a SPOD, etc. The nice thing is that they are played so differently!

- Goh has not become a poking character with [6][6][K]. There is enough time for a character at long distance to dodge on sight. What it is great for is to beat opponents back dashing away (presumably to attack, not to box step).

- [3][K] feels a lot more solid and higher priority than the old animation, but the range is deceivingly short.

- [P][K][4] and [1_] leaves Goh safe.

- [4][P]+[K] > [P] > [K]+[G],[P] seems to work up to midweights, but they need to be standing. Opponents spin sideways and the prospects of a ground attack are good.

- [4][6][K] crumpling on sabaki makes more sense, but I much prefer it on counter. In any case, shoulder ram > no struggle > [4][6][K] will still crumple.

- Execution of [P]+[K],[P]+[G] is much faster, but presumably so is the sabaki window.

- Goh's Basara/SPOD is actually the reason why I think he's better. It has similar stats as Akira's SPOD but linear. It executes in 20 frames, recovers at -14 frames, and the damage is a few points less. The reach is just as good and can be used in the same ways as SPOD, but IMO it is more useful for Goh since Akira usually has better alternatives. Now Goh can take damage quickly if he needs to.

- Shame I don't have acceess to his change moves. Goh is one character where I'd go for both A2 and B2...

13. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

spod is 20 frames... is it guranteed after knee MC? If not, what is?

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

15. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    SiYkO said:

spod is 20 frames... is it guranteed after knee MC? If not, what is?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever use akira again I'm going Pimp you out to all the girls to laugh at. /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Since Basara is 20 frames and a failed evade is 25 Goh just might have gotten something he really needed; a good delayed attack move to catch evaders with.

/KiwE

17. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

I thought a slightly charged [4][P]+[K] worked rather well for that.

18. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

On paper perhaps but to hard imo ingame against someone who does ETEG. Failed evade is 25 frames and a [4][P]+[K], non charged, is 24 (in evo).

/KiwE

19. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

...But you get to do it while advantaged, so it's better than 1 frame. Definitely useable.

20. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Uhm, you have to input your attack after your opponent has started to evade in order to catch him in a failed evade garanteed, otherwise it will get evaded ofc (as long as it's linear).

/KiwE