1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh is too fun to play!

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Kairace, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Kairace

Kairace New Member

Any one else agree?

I love to do Tsukami.

and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif when the opponent crouches. I feel in power lol.

I'm sorry it's a queer noob thread. But he's too fun to let down. Anyone else agree?

2. JasonAurelia

JasonAurelia New Member

I agree, I use Goh and Brad the most. That Tsukami is bad ass

3. RedBlizzaga

RedBlizzaga Member

i love to use goh....when im not getting beat ;_;

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Im Goh-ing to look at a decent thread now. Peace.

nah i kid. Goh's cool.

5. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    MUST...RESIST...SUBAKI...

UGH!

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Same here Seidon, the similarities are scary.

7. SkatanMilla

SkatanMilla Well-Known Member

So does anyone know how to get in the subaki?

8. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Tsukami is cool, but as far as I know it can be consistently broken if your opponent mashes directions and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

At least from /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif>/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif. Something about /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif makes it much harder to break for some reason... I think it may be a timing difference?

If anyone can answer, that'd be awesome. It's been at the back of my mind for some time now.

9. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I know! And I know how to get subaki in easy! But I won't tell! Fuck that off! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nah, haven't noticed that. If you don't want to have your tsukami escaped from, do the motions as soon as you can. So the only way to break out of it is by pressing the opposite direction (which would mean 25% chance for each movement). Don't wait for anything, as soon as you get your subaki in easy (just can't resist) start moving!

10. V_MIRZA

V_MIRZA Member

No i dont. Hes is a frustrating character that makes you want to rip your hair out. Hes too damn hard to become good with and all of his moves are too much risk with too little reward. Im not saying this because i hate Goh, hes my fav, but he simply isnt fun to play

11. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

He's your favourite but you don't find it fun to play as him?! How the hell does that happen?

12. V_MIRZA

V_MIRZA Member

Great question. But sadly i dont have a answer, it just happens. I play him and end up wanting to pull my hair out

13. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

When playing Goh it's not the best tactics to trade direct hits with other characters who have a much better strike arsenal such as Akira. Goh's gameplay is much more throw-, hit-throw and sabaki emphasized. That's where most of his damage comes from. Of course, then you also got the fabulous shoulder ram mix-ups and 4P+K. And what not ...

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Kind of like me playing SF4.

15. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Manji. Just trade it in again like I did. SF4 won't satisfy you - even at high-level play.

16. wali

wali Member

i just start play this game 2 month ago and i read a lot a bout goh sabaki what it and how ,when i can do it.

17. Sclera

Sclera Member

I don't think you understand the point of video games.

18. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

If you want to learn goh invite me and I will teach you all the noob tactic you need to know

(bring a mic)

19. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

Yea i main Goh and he can be pretty annoying to play sometimes.. but it is more satisfying than ever to get huge damaging throws after the other player works so hard to do the same amount of damage in a combo. The only person i cant fight is that damned Monk.... damn stances screw with my mind.

20. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    goh is less complicated in flow charts but defensively goh is much harder imo. goh needs to know recovery time of character how to punish etc etc to make him effective. Goh is one of the only characters i feel that i have to study not only ur own frame data but other characters as well to be effective since his offense isnt that great