1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Combolammas, May 20, 2013.

1. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

This tread is created for pretty much any Goh related questions.

2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Just to answer a couple of my own questions that I've been too lazy to try for a few months.

Can I tsukamigaeshi a sidethrow?
    - Yes

Can I tsukamigaeshi a low throw?
    - Apparently no. I set myself up for a guaranteed low throw (Jeff CH 43P, 2P+G) and I couldn't do it once out of several tries. A shame really. I actually though it would be possible before trying.

Can I tsukamigaeshi a backthrow?
    - In a vid quite some time ago I think I saw gorgeous whiff 4K+G and then tsukamigaeshi his opponents throw but I guess it had already changed to the side since I can't for my life do a tsukamigaeshi on a backthrow (set it up by recoding Jeff CD in P+G with right timing so my 4K+G goes over his head and back P+G is guaranteed). So the answer would be no.

And while I was at it I set myself up for a couple of guaranteed low backthrows. I didn't test it too much since both low throws and backthrows can't be gaeshi'd but I tried a couple of times since I realized, on accident, that I can set myself up for them.

Can I tsukamigaeshi a catch-throw?
    Of course not, that would be silly.

So you can gaeshi vs normal, standing throws. This includes sidethrows, wallthrows and burning hammer. You can't gaeshi catch throws, low throws, backthrows or low backthrows.

3. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    Is 33P+K, 46P, P, 46P+KP2P guaranteed if I hit someone with it on the side?

4. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    If they don't escape the stagger, sure. And shrm is 2_3P+K, not 33P+K.

5. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [3][3][P][+][K]? Do you mean shoulder ram?

Hmm. Hitting from the side might cause a bigger stagger.

6. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Side and back hits do give longer staggers, but they don't guarantee anything any more than "normal" staggers if you can escape them as far as I know.

7. JaLoHa21

JaLoHa21 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    JaLoHa21
    I don't use the 2_3P+K motion that much unless I go from 2P to Shoulder Ram so I always referred to it as 33P+K because I found more use out of it when I do that. I know what you mean though.

8. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

IIRC it doesn't even give jabs. Don't have the game on right now but it's easy enough to test it by setting stagger recovery to fastest then doing OM -> 2_3P+K into whatever.
    Or record the opponent to do it on you and see how easy or hard it is to get out.

9. Kirbilot

Kirbilot Member

XBL:
    Kirbilot
    What are some good moves to use when your opponent is sideturned?

Right now all I really do is [K] and hope they hit a button, but that doesn't work so much anymore.

10. no_w_h_ere

no_w_h_ere Well-Known Member

XBL:
    nowhere0
    This depends on the advantage you have : If you get the side turned with a throw escape you're at +6, after attacking on hit with K+G and 66P almost the same on hit and you're +9 with CH; after an evade it's variable because of the move you just evaded.

Your opponent first reaction is likely to block and lazy TE : you can try guard break/66K+G P+G or tsukami (but all high and slow options), 46P+K and follow ups can be good too.

Basically you must pay attention when your opponent is willing to evade, 2P you etc :
    against evading you can prepare for 66P (back throw guaranteed) 66 P+G..
    K is of course the good reward against abare, keep it in mind ( you can try it after an asc K I think is +2 on block on ST but just a bait which might work juste once ^^")

Kirbilot likes this.
  11. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

This thread seems dead, however, I will ask anyway. Is [1][P][+][K] guaranteed after
    [4][P][+][K][+][G]? Probably a really scrubby question, but I saw a video where this happened, and it was not even CH.

12. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I believe it's the low sabaki that guarantee's 1p+k.

wrekka likes this.
  13. DK

DK Well-Known Member Content Manager Jean

Thanks KO

14. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    It depends on the move you sabaki'd and when you did it. [4][6][P] is guaranteed all the time though.

15. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    The sabaki gives you +27 against punch and at least +37 (I think) on kick, but you have to deduct you disadvantage

edit: ex: K blocked = -6 then you do the sabaki against 2P you've got +21 frames.

16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The low sabaki can have as low as +16 advantage on lowpunches, but it's very rare for that to happen in a match. If you low sabaki a low kick, the opponent get's pushed further away, but you get a lot more advantage. In that case you can either 6K+G or dash 1P+K.

You can find the sabakiframes at the beginning of this post
    http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vfdc-vf5fs-command-lists.16020/#post-332884

It's not like the thread (and the whole Goh-forum for that matter) being dead means that you couldn't and shouldn't use it. The thread and the forum is here for a reason.

17. no_w_h_ere

XBL:
    nowhere0
    Thanks for the link, I may have missed that ^^"
    And about a Q&A thread it's never dead, always reviving with a question ^^

18. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

My point exactly, just because it's been silent doesn't mean anyone should shy out of asking things.

19. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I'll just put this here. I always felt that Goh's mix from P,K~4 was pretty gimped and with the addition of FS backdash I knew Lion and Jacky could backdash everything from it. Most of the cast still get caught by BT P+K for backdashing.

Thanks to Yomis testing I found out a few more can do it. So we tested them all. Here's the list:

Jacky, Lion, Brad, Lau, Lei-Fei, Jean, Vanessa (both OS and DS) Wolf (closed stance only), Sarah (closed stance only) can backdash BT P+K.

Akira, Jeffry, Aoi, Blaze, Taka, Eileen, Pai, Kage, Shun, Goh, Sarah (open), Wolf (open) cannot backdash BT P+K.

Course, you can just not got BT and do something about it instead, but that's not the point of this list.

Jide and Mister like this.
  20. YOMI

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Just as a semi-related side note, the characters who can't backdash BT P+K can always fuzzy between it and BT P+G. BT P+K on block gives you nitaku and a possible backdash catch with characters like Taka if Goh decides to try and BD, which isn't that far fetched because BT P+K puts a little bit of distance between Goh and the opponent, and BT P+G can be easily whiff punished with a launch on reaction.