1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh Q&A thread

Discussion in 'Goh' started by Combolammas, May 20, 2013.

1. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    What the hell? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Ellis and Stl_Tim like this.
  2. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

Here's some:

- His damage out put got buffed a LOT
    - Consequentially his sabakies are more scary
    - And his punishment is better
    - His tsukami is better
    - He has better mids now
    - He is able to sabaki throws
    - His circulars are better

The burden of proof in this matter actually falls on you. We've been playing the game for 3 years now. Dare I say, you sound like you haven't. You'd have to do some pretty hard convincing to make anyone here believe that Goh is suddenly bad.

Ellis likes this.
  3. Citrus

Citrus Well-Known Member

Chirus is right guys, Goh is a boring character in FS.
    Gotta agree with him, 3 years later haha, especially about how they made him a Tekken character.

His damage output has been buffed how exactly? The numbers don't really matter when you talk about how the character is played, in the end he sucks compared to the rest

Now I'm not saying he was nerfed, but the character has no point, considering his original design.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  4. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

Rofl!!!!

5. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

You're prooobably trolling but...

Boring is subjective. He is pretty basic and always has been. I dunno how exactly he is a "Tekken character" but you are welcome to your opinion.

It's spectacular how little sense this makes. Try saying that out loud would ya? How in the hell do the numbers not matter when asking about how his damage was buffed? rofl

What might that be? The guy who had exactly as powerful throws as he does now but sucked balls in basically everything else?

Ellis likes this.
  6. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

The only thing boring is your misunderstanding of a tai sabaki and its application. Goh is a character that attacks the attacker with tai sabaki’s thus attacking their mind to second guess themselves.

He sure isn’t jacky 33p(ch) and maybe that’s what you need?

It’s safe to say only real men play Goh and yes he is a intermediate to advanced character to play efficiently.

I don’t think J6 would hire a weak fool to do their dirty work?!

Ares-olimpico and ShinyBrentford like this.
  7. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    • Personal (ad hominem) attack
    If it takes a real man to play Goh then you need not apply.

8. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Anyone have a list of all the throws, attacks, combo finishers that put the opponent in a position to set up [4][6][K] against rising kicks (without OMing)? Also same goes for [2][P]+[K]+[G] for low kicks from rising (like for Jeffry/Akira).

I'd love to find out myself and post findings again, but I haven't had a console for this game for a long ass time.

9. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    [P][+][G] and [6][3][2][1][4][P][+][G] leaves them with half-circular rising attacks. And I know you said no OM, but OM to where their head is flying after [3][P][P] for linear rising attacks and the world's easiest meaty setup.

Combolammas and Sebo like this.
  10. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Thanks! I feel like their would be more (like Wolf having at least 15 [P]+[K]+[G] setups of mid rising kicks).

11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    After what knockdown/combo could i meaty a fully charged 4 P+K?

12. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Also i've notice for those with a low throw, you can meaty one after any attack that causes your opponent to "twist" in mid air. Wolf has a lot of these low throw meaties after 63214 PP in a combo. You may have to kill frames with a whiffed standing P or a G canceled K but its possible.

13. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

I haven't played this game in like 2 years and I feel like starting it up to see how this functions. Sounds really efficient.

14. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Probably missing a bit (only tested on Jeff, Akira, Taka, Vanessa... I don't remember which characters have unique rising attacks) but answering my previous question on what throws set up Sabakis:

[4][6][K]
    ----
    [P]+[G]
    [4][6][P]+[G]
    [4][P]+[G]
    [6][3][2][1][4][P]+[G]
    Right Side [P]+[G]/[2][P]+[G] (?)
    Back [P]+[G]
    [1][P]+[G]
    [3][P]+[G]
    Tsukami [4][P]+[G]
    Also [3][K]+[G]:[P]+[G]

[4][P]+[K]+[G] vs Taka work on all except after:
    ----
    [2]_[6][P]+[G]
    Tsukami [6][P]+[G], [8]_[2][P]+[G]
    Left Side [P]+[G]/[2][P]+[G]

[2][P]+[K]+[G] works an all of Taka's/Akira's rising low except after:
    ----
    [2]_[6][P]+[G]
    Tsukami [6][P]+[G], [8]_[2][P]+[G]
    Left Side [P]+[G]/[2][P]+[G]

Also [3][K]+[G]:[P]+[G] leads to Low kick sabaki against Taka

Of course this doesn't include other setups after OM/[3][P][P] combos.

15. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Dreamiestboat
    XBL:
    tehmarcerer
    Not really a Goh-specific question, but what's the actual window for low-throwing an opponent who's side-rolling on quickstand, i.e. how many frames are they considered crouching? Seems very tight. I assume low throws are active the same amount of time as regular throws.

EDIT: nvm, found it - 3 frames

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  16. Shessair

Shessair New Member

Any reason why CH 66K 2P P 46P+KP6P and CH 66K 46P+KP6P are listed as not working on Sarah? They seems to work fine for me? Was this different in FS

17. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

The first one is listed as working on Sarah from what I can see.

The second one might just be a mistake. There's no reason to ever use that on anyone except Taka tho.