1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Goh's 33P+G

Discussion in 'Goh' started by maddy, Apr 1, 2006.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a reliable way of avoiding a down throw(3P+G) after Goh's 33P+G? I've tried various ways of struggling, and I had some success with struggling(360 motion with stick) with alternating pressings of P and K button.

The method gave me a mid rising attack which worked in a way, but I prefer a get up without a rising attack, plus even that was pretty inconsistent(I got thrown a lot of time).

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I am debating if I should help you or not since Goh is my main and he needs all the help he can get. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But universally speaking it helps to avoid certain pounces after throws and grounded moves as well by learning how to struggle off the floor real quick.

The way I rise of the floor quickly is to spin the stick, hold on [G] and mash on [P]. That won't cause you to do a rising kick.

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Maddy, seeing as you are a mad man on a stick... I'm compelled to say that it is near impossible to escape it. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I just rapidly alternate between [4] and [6] while mashing [P] and it works every time.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Pretty annoying the ground throw isn't guaranteed huh??? /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Good luck to you Maddy-kun if not to you than to all the poor VF sticks that have the unfortunate luck of being used by u. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. An_Arcade_Stick

An_Arcade_Stick New Member

The ground throw is not guaranteed, there is no need to struggle so hard.

Your opponent must be performing it late!

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

who the heck uses goh anyway??? /versus/images/graemlins/indifferent.gif

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Thx for the replies. I will try those when I have a chance.

Just to give something back, here are some easy ways of avoiding a light down attack after certain throws.

Lau's [3][3][P]+[G]
    Sarah's [4][6][P]+[G]
    Leifei's [6][4][P]+[G]

To avoid a light down attack after those throws, just altenatively press [P] and [G] about 3 times when you are on the ground. You don't need any aid of joystick. Your character will get up in place at the fastest timing, and a pounce will miss.

Another tip against Sarah,

After [4][P]+[G], you can avoid a down attack, by mashing on [K]. You will do a mid rising attack, and her down attack will miss. Be aware that sarah players can take advantage of this as well. This technique can't be done with Akira cause he has a different type rising attack.

P.S. Hi, arcade stick. I am glad you are not a Pelican stick. That's just funny though.

P.S.S. I saw you using Goh, BK_. Now go back to training with Goh. =P

10. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

lol just escape the down throw, altho there is nitaku there between the down throw and light pounce

11. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Setsuna_Goh said:

lol just escape the down throw, altho there is nitaku there between the down throw and light pounce

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. You missed the point, and there is no nitaku between the two.

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I usually hold down the [G] Button while pressing the [P] and [K] then roatating the stick 360 /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Yup, same way I struggle here. Then I keep the stick rotating at the [1][2][3] part near the end so that I'll roll side way to avoid a potential pounce.

14. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmm, im pretty sure u can avoid it without rolling to the side~

if you can stand inplace and block in time, you get a better position to punish something which whiffs, probably get a free rising attack at the very least~ i.e the ground throw animation (or a very very silly high pounce attempt)