1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gokuu Senshin properties?

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by CiscoRey, Nov 7, 2007.

1. CiscoRey

CiscoRey Well-Known Member

Gokuu Senshin (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif)

I'm not really understanding its parrying properties. Sometimes it evades low punches, sometimes it doesn't. The same can be said of how it reacts to elbows, mids, and highs.

Does anyone know the full details on this move's mechanics? I just want to make sure that its not just my timing.

2. CiscoRey

CiscoRey Well-Known Member

Nevermind people. I guess all I had to do was take a look at the properties within the movelist. It's written there in black and white.

3. Sikarios22

Sikarios22 Member

Ya under the movelist it says sabaki HP, HK, and LP. It works great as a round starter sometimes.

4. Rulakir

Rulakir Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering, what are the practical applications of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif? From my experimentations, this seems to work best with single high /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gifs, but the timing seems pretty strict, and looks like its restricted only to non-canned combo sequences unfortunately... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I'm especially interested and curious about its applications against longer execution P moves, such as Shun's Chouwan, or Kage's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, or even other Sabaki type moves (ie. Van's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif) and how effective it will be.

Has anyone tried and is happy to share ? I haven't had the chance to try it in real versus human scenarios (probably cause I'm too slow...), so any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I dont think this move has many practical appplications since you cant really followup it much. You can use it to 'get away' from close range if you are in small disadvantage, but I think she has other more useful options.

6. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I think these moves are all mids. the move only Sabaki's High punchs and kicks, as well as low punches.

The move works well for me when i'm too close to a Sarah in Flamingo at disadvantage. When i'm out of ideas i throw it out. It will Sabaki Sarahs fast high kick and punch combo starters and can go over low kicks and sweeps (timing must be right).

I don't think the move gives you much advantage,if any, but it creates a decent range for you.

Other than that i've started using it because it looks good.

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This is true. Its also true that it can be useful against Sarah's flamingo.

8. Rulakir

I've managed to try this move in combat situations, particularly picking Sarah to fight against. Seems like so long as the opponent spams the canned combo sequence for flamingo, the slight advantage that Eileen gets is negated, although this varies according to how far away you are from the initial flamingo kick. Doesn't seem to work if you're too close unfortunately. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

9. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is guaranteed after the inashi following your guarded p. It's consistent if your opponent uses a p afterwards. On middleweights you can get OK damage for it if you follow up with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. It's worth it for beating a 2p though.

There's definitely a bunch of range issues most of the characters will be out of range if you catch their 2p unless they're dead in the corner

10. Rulakir

Ah... Definitely will give that a shot! Forgot that the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif avoid high attacks.... doh...