1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Good Games Thread

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by westtrade, Oct 31, 2007.

1. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Kamais, there's Jeffry with a fish. I'm no fish expert, so I though that's what tony was talking about.

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Jeffry's TKOD (Toe Kick Of Doom) is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif(hit)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

3. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

guys I was joking about the fish,

4. KingofcarnageVF

KingofcarnageVF Well-Known Member

GGs to
    Titantony
    Mista T
    Risen Glory
    sorry if I dont remember everyone else its nap time.

5. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    GGs to Cozby VFDC, LA Akira, loki jih, WEIAND 8 71, and everyone else I played. I felt out of it today XP. And the lag didn't help either in some fights.

6. RisenGlory

RisenGlory Active Member

GGs KingofCarnage!

7. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

good games to Tony Familia. It's been a while. hahah Man, I just wished you stopped attacking when I wanted to attack. hahaha jk.

Chief Flash and Plague.. sorry I missed both of you. Timing is always off. Will meet up soon

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    GGs to BK. Eileen cant get Wolf to float it seems. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Ggs to SilentNephilim. Embrace the Shaolin man!

Ah shizz ggs to Flash the other day. Im taking you out next time.

GGs to Plague! You keep me working hard I tell ya. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbs_up.gif Making me think and stuff. It takes a brave Akira to face Lei-Fei. I was a bit rusty though, sometimes I'd do stuff by accident and something amazing would happen. That's an interesting factor about lei-fei. That 3p+k is something... going under my elbow. I should've used the midkick more instead but im so accoustomed to inputting the 66p command now.

9. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

I've had lots of fun games with people lately.

Titan Tony

Weiand

nn8989

Chief Flash - dude, it had been 2 long. We played like 45 minutes. Woulda tried to play more but I had work related stuff to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Definitely best wolf on xbl. That oki was killing me. Your Wolf punishes hesitation and thoughtlessness mercilessly. I have not had to think so much about getting off the ground for a long time...

Also good games to darthminion - I swear I am not joking! We played Lau vs. Lau and yeah he still is hateful and pounces after he wins a round, but luckily I don't let that happen too much. He is a Lau on the, uh, move.

(me ---> dodges tomatoes thrown in my general direction from the Legions of anti-Darthers)

I also had some annoyin games with a Shun, but maybe that is just Shun. I felt like I was playing Irritating Stick instead of VF. All distance, strings, or magic moves that go through my attacks... So Irritating! Gah!!!

Irritable Friend, Out!

10. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

ggs to shinobi fist. Vane has so many tools. It makes her both fun and annoying at the same time. Signed sincerely, i know i use lei so...

ggs to shao. Kinda spammy, but u seem to be getting a lil better.

That is definitely 1 thing i hate about shun. It seems like no matter how high level a shun player gets they still whore out dm p+k. Anyone else notice this kinda strange phenomena? Other characters usually lose dm p+k as u reach higher and higher levels of play. But shun, and kage, just keep blast them out as a high percentage of their moveset /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

ggs to Plague. You were off the hook with those SPOD. And that final combo. Total sweetness. That is the reason people use akira, and the reason his face is on the cover of the game. The only thing to fear is fear itself...yet i fear i may become i victim of plague tv /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

11. Zym_Dragon

Zym_Dragon Active Member

ggs to everyone I have played the last couple days.

King of Carnage
    Mista Tee
    JHow77
    Darth Minion
    xx Shao xx
    Air Jacky
    LA Akira
    Tony Familia

Had a great time getting my butt kicked, while eeking out a few wins.

12. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    GGs ZYM!!!

And Social Ruin - I can't speak for other Shun players about DM P+K and why they use it so much but I feel a great majority of them don't really understand Shun. He is meant to bend the rules and spamming his abusive moves is not bending the rules, it's just annoying.

One reason I like DM P+K so much is because, 1)a lot of his moves on block draw out attacks when in fact Shun either has advantage or it's even, 2)after DM P+K hits you can follow up with 3PPK for about 50% damage if they don't tech roll, and 3)you can follow up with 3P and if they do tech roll your 3P misses but draws out yet another attack, starting the whole scenario over again or allowing for other crazy rule bending attacks. =)

13. Happy_Friend

Why wouldn't a Shun player whore it out? Because they feel guilty using a nearly invincible move? I'll not hold my breath for that one. That was actually another thing that my Shun whose name I can't remember was doing.

If you happen to get an advantage after playing a lot of distance dance around and managing to block or evade one of those bizarro strings, and find yourself actually close to enough to go for a throw or a good mid attack... out comes the DMPK.

Thing was, I played as Jeff and I won like 8 out of ten matches. But a lot of them were very close and I felt like I had to employ much more skill and Yomi than the Shun guy. The same strategy he used against me, he could have used against any other player, regardless of char or style.

14. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

I disagree here. I've never seen itazan or kissa which are two pretty high level shun players use DM p+K.

It's only invincible online. If you play the game offline it's pretty balanced since the damage potential is reversed in terms of risk, reward. Most Risk reward in the game is between 3 to 1 or 2 to 1 meaning if you can get hit by a launcher and lose 70-90 points, MOST chars in the game can get guaranteed damage around 40-50 points. With DM p+k,you get 25 points of damage and almost every character has the potential to inflict 40-50 points if they risk giving up nitaku to choose to block a potential dm p+k. Of course, this logic which was meant for the offline game does not always apply due to lag.
    Shun can 3ppk if you dont tech after his dm p+k but i'm pretty sure everyone knows to do this by now. Just as he can drag you on the ground for 70 points after he lands 1k,k on someone that doesnt want to tech roll.

15. Happy_Friend

Honestly even offline it would give me trouble b/c so little in VF5 is throw counterable + and vs. shun (especially keep away shun) it is hard to get advantage and when you finally get it and then act and then eat the dmpk... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

But yeah, you are definitely right that lag really helps that move thanks to low guard stun. It's like you have to anticipate it and buffer in the retaliation in advance of when you could even input the move offline.

Online is never gonna be perfect, but that is something that could be fixed - moves that are supposedly high risk but are hard to punish online because of short guard stun, regardless of frame advantage.

Granted since this is an arcade game with console as an afterthought and online as an after-afterthought, I won't hold my breath for these changes in future games.

16. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    I use Shun, but I don't usually use DM p+k.
    and it is not invincible even online.

I have played MasaRED(Shun) million times in ranked, but we both never used DM p+k.

17. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    The funny thing is they nerfed it for VF5.

18. L_A

L_A Well-Known Member

Nerfed what? You mean in VF5r? Seems like some (maybe all) DM P+k knockdowns are gone in R. I honestly never did dm p+k with shun even one time over there while playing R so I'm no sure if the move property changed. I know for certain that akiras dm p+k doesn't knock down anymore though.

I don't use it either cuz I dont want to develop bad habits for offline.

19. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    DM pk is no longer full spin attack in R...for sure...

and in VF5, all DM pk(expect Lion's) has -15 frames, which mean you will get at least PK from most of charas after they guard DM pk.

If I'll get PK from opponent, I'll use ryubikyaku (Shun's 8K+G)

EDIT:I dont think Akira's DM pk has -15 either...I dont remember his frames though...

20. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    I meant they nerfed it from VF4. I can't remember if it changed from VF4 to EVO but I remember it coming out faster and having better recovery. Now that I think about it they did nerf it for EVO too. It's been awhile since I played VF4 but I think it was godlike then.