1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Guarenteed Sabakis? - Sarah

Discussion in 'Sarah' started by ValeStyle_Gove, Dec 10, 2003.

1. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Its a strange topic but after reading the recent Akira Sabaki topic I couldnt find anywhere else to pop this one. I have only found 1 Sabaki that appears guarenteed, and another that is very handy. Alot of people (or sarah players) already know Sarah's [6][P][P] to [P]+[K], but Sarah's normal [P]+[G] immediatly followed by [P]+[K] sabaki's anyone who tries immediate rising mid. This doesnt appear too handy but it really is. Sarah's [P]+[G] looks like it has quite a disadvantage, so Ive noticed a lot of people try a fast rising mid, and Ive noticed a few people saying its a rubbish throw because its hard to get away from rising kicks. Although it does NOT sabaki a low rising attack, that is easily ducked, so very easily ducked, giving you some advantage. The last good Sabaki situation would be [6][K]+[G], I love this move, its got range and frame advantage. I have found [P]+[K] works well after this move. Thats all for now.

Gove - Eternally Supplementing the Sarah Commune /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ValeStyle_Gove said:

Its a strange topic but after reading the recent Akira Sabaki topic I couldnt find anywhere else to pop this one. I have only found 1 Sabaki that appears guarenteed, and another that is very handy. Alot of people (or sarah players) already know Sarah's [6][P][P] to [P]+[K], but Sarah's normal [P]+[G] immediatly followed by [P]+[K] sabaki's anyone who tries immediate rising mid. This doesnt appear too handy but it really is. Sarah's [P]+[G] looks like it has quite a disadvantage, so Ive noticed a lot of people try a fast rising mid, and Ive noticed a few people saying its a rubbish throw because its hard to get away from rising kicks. Although it does NOT sabaki a low rising attack, that is easily ducked, so very easily ducked, giving you some advantage. The last good Sabaki situation would be [6][K]+[G], I love this move, its got range and frame advantage. I have found [P]+[K] works well after this move. Thats all for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarah's [P]+[K] cannot be used like most other characters' sabaki due to the sabaki frames not starting until the 13th frame. What this means is that in cases like you listed above ([6]+[P][P] on hit or guard), that you can easily get beat out by a quick attack ([P] or [2]+[P]) rendering the sabaki useless. It's not a move you can throw out a lot like Lion's [2][1][4]+[P]. I'd say to use it very occasionally or in cases where you are a bit more than a low P's distance away so when you do [P]+[K] and the opponent does [2]+[P], it will hit the whiff and cause a stagger which gives a free [3]+[P][K]. Experienced opponents know how weak this move is as they can defend against Flamingo well and know that knee can go through the sabaki which means nearly half your life bar will be gone on a counter hit.

3. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

it seems that lions sabaki works against a whole lot of stuff against sarah . Maybe you should research that more.

4. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

I dont get it? Is tom in new zealand or what? How dare you post in NZ without my knowledge!