1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champions

Discussion in 'General' started by BBountyHuntyr, Aug 1, 2014.

1. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    You know, now that I've been playing for a while, I always wondered something. If VF was treated like Pokemon, who would be the Gym Leaders, and who would be the Elite Four?

I said this in the interview I did for my first R.A.W session so I want to make that list.

(This list is based off of who have I fought and who have I've seen videos on Youtube playing in tournaments.)

If you feel there should be a change somewhere, I'll gladly change it. Just give a reason to back it up ok?

It's in no way trying to start anything, just a harmless thing.

I'll make this list for 3 regions, Kanto, Hoenn, and Johto. In total 24 Gym Leaders, 12 Elite Four Members, and 3 Champions.

I'll let you guys choose the champions, you all would know better that section better than I do.
    Plus this way new folks can find and fight people who are strong to get better.

(Sidenote - I can't use more than 20 images so I'm sorry for the 4 people without a badge. It's not me, it the rules.)

The updated list is here.

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/co...eamed-gym-matches-on-r-a-w.19614/#post-382175

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    oneida, VFnumbers, Riq and 3 others like this.
  2. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    If you're playing @kingo you'd best make him champion of whatever region he's in. Throw @NeroVF in there somewhere too if you don't mind the EU matches.

3. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    I don't mind the EU matches. But in order to make the change...you must choose someone to take out. That's the thing. So who?

But as for Kingo being a Champion, who will take his place in the Elite Four?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  4. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
  5. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Put Nero in the Elite 4. lol

6. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    The change is made.

What is this for @BLACKSTAR? Lol

7. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Oh and btw @MarlyJay, is there anyway for me to use more than 20 images or no? It looks weird without the full set of badges Lol

8. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    This is a question for admin, @Myke . All i could suggest is Moving each each region and then elite 4 and champions to separate posts. I have no idea how to go about circumventing the image limit.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    The image limit is there for performance reasons, and can't be circumvented. As Marly suggested, splitting across a number of posts would have been a better approach.

p.s. I have no idea what any of this means, and/or if there is any relevance behind the regions and gyms in relation to the people nominated and/or their character.

p.p.s. I always thought Pokemon were for kids? o_O

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  10. MarlyJay

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Nope, when played properly it's a rather serious competitive turn based RPG :D

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    BTW, the irony of my question being posted on a video game forum was not entirely lost on me ;)

MarlyJay likes this.
  12. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    @BBountyHuntyr that expresses my surprise and delight at the amount of detail in the OP.

Me taking over Misty's gym? Sure! :D

BBountyHuntyr likes this.
  13. Riq

Riq Well-Known Member

PSN:
    RaWsHaK91
    This is quite cute and entertaining lol :p

BBountyHuntyr likes this.
  14. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    There is no relevance behind regions, just more towards character and somewhat difficulty. I just chose these regions since they were the first in the series and what I feel are most liked and appreciated. It's a childhood thing.

I play Pokemon casually not seriously. It's a little something to do from time to time. A break from the fighting world is needed here and there. Playing Pokemon is one of my ways of taking a break. Nice to see how far it came as well. But thank you for letting me know about the image thing.

15. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Right? Lol It's a break from the crazy drama that's going on around here Lol

Ellis and Riq like this.
  16. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    An idea that my facebook friend has:

"FT5 across the board for a badge?

Nice to have a tangible goal. This may be a great training method for beginners."

Ellis, MarlyJay and BBountyHuntyr like this.
  17. BLACKSTAR

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    idea, con't:

"To do an Elite 4 you have to win consecutive sets or start from the beginning."

18. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Not sure if I should be proud of being Mossdeep City gym leader or not, I don't know what it means my Pokemon knowledge is crap. ;p

SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  19. BBountyHuntyr

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Being a gym leader period is really good you know? It means something Lolol

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  20. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member