1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Hakkeshou (new stance)

Discussion in 'Pai' started by GodEater, Jun 15, 2012.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

Hakkeshou:

Hakkeshou is Pai’s new stance. Unlike her Meishouho stance, Pai needs certain attacks to activate the option of getting into Hakkeshou. This post will give you the basic idea of the stance with the frames of advantage and disadvantage.
    Hakkeshou can be very powerful and a great way of making the opponent respect certain moves such as [3][P][P] - they will be less likely to always attempt [P] or [6][P] interrupts if they believe you will enter stance.

GETTING INTO HAKKESHOU
    In addition to the [3] ( or [9]) [P][+][K][+][G] Pai requires certain attacks to enter Hakkeshou. She has four options to choose from:
    [P][P][P] [3] ( or [9]) [P][+][K][+][G]
    [3][P][P]([P]) [3] ( or [9]) [P][+][K][+][G]
    [6][K][P] : [3] ( or [9]) [P][+][K][+][G]
    Bokutai [P]([P]) [3] ( or [9]) [P][+][K][+][G]
    [6][P][+][K] [3] ( or [9]) [P][+][K][+][G]

When you first start entering Hakkeshou the thought might be to enter the input as soon as possible but you can actually delay entering the stance which is important because, if your opponent guards the [P] before you enter stance their fastest counter [P] will hit you before you can get to stance.

Pai enters stance with Konshu, her deflection. You can hold the stance by holding the direction you entered stance with (assume [3]), Pai will then slowly walk around your opponent with her arms held up. You can deflect againt by simply changing to the opposite direction (in this case [9]). This can be repeated according to the size of your cajones.

OPTIONS FROM HAKKESHOU

Konshu (deflect): [3] ( or [9]) 13 frame execution. deflects Punch and Elbow Class moves.
    Depending at what point in the animation you deflect your opponent’s move Konshu gives you anywhere from +32 to +44.

Since Konshou only deflects standing [P] and elbow moves your opponent may consider using [2][P] as an interrupt if they believe you will enter stance. If this is the case simply elect to not go into stance and, instead, finish the combo, or block for advantage.

If you finish your combo you would choose something that hurts lowpunch such as [3][P][P][6][P]. this will give you a launch and you can hit a 83+ point combo.

---

Hakkeshou [P] - 18 frame execution
    Mid level attack. +2 on guard, float on NH or CH.

Combos available from Hakkeshou [P]
    [P], [9][K][K] for 51 points. everyone.

[P], [P][+][K], [9][K][K] 63 point. light weight only
    [P], [P][+][K], WS [P][+][K][P] 66 points. Aoi and Eileen only.

---

Hakkeshou [K] - 22 frame execution
    Low level attack. -15 BL, NH +7. +10 NH side, CH KD

Combos available from Hakkeshou [K]
    WS [P][+][K][P] 66 points. everyone
    [6][K][+][G], [9][K][K] 75 points. everyone.
    [6][K][+][G], [P], [9][K][K] 79 points. everyone except taka

---

Hakkeshou [P][+][G] - High throw
    35 points damage, +9
    Advantage is small enough that nothing is guaranteed and large enough that the opponent will learn quickly that they need to defend or get damaged. Use this to your advantage: launch, pressure, re-throw, OM for side control, these are possible options. Knowledge of your opponent is key here though.

---

Quick summation:
    Hakkeshou isn’t without its risks but the overall strength of the stance, its ability to change the pace of the fight and give distinct combo opportunities or advantage frames make it worth getting comfortable with. By mixing up your options you can make Pai’s attacks for entry dangerous to the opponent, slow them down and allow other mixup games.

2. Venussail

Venussail Active Member

Thanks GodEater. This really helps with properly implementing the new stance ^_^

3. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    Great stuff GodEater, I'll definitely be using this as a reference in practice, so thank you. one of the methods I used often to get into Hakkeshou I don't think you mentioned though: Bokutai [P]-[3](or [9])[P]+[K]. It's great if you've already got a strong Bokutai mind game going in addition to the great pressure from Hakkeshou IMO.

4. GodEater

I knew I forgot one but I couldn't wrestle it out! Thanks, Ladon - I appreciate your input on these. And I'll always need it so don't go away!

I fixed the entry. I used to use Bokutai into Hakkeshou at the very beginning and then just ... forgot about it. weird.

The nice thing is that Bokutai [P] staggers people trying to crouch guard the sweep and you can go immediately into Hakkeshou or wait for the second [P] in the bokutai sequence.

5. Darrius_Cole

Darrius_Cole Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    GodEater,

How do you defend your feet while in the stance? To me, it seems like all you have is the basic, paper, scissors. Say, I go into the stance with no deflection and my opponent does a low punch ([2][P]) as I step, what happens then? A [2][P] is 12 frames, so it is quicker than all the stance attacks and is low so that it can't be parried by the stance.

Does the stance automatically side step it?
    Does the opponent get a counter hit if the punch lands?
    How long does it take to end the stance and return to a simple standing guard?

6. GodEater

you can't defend low. The stance doesn't allow for that. and the deflection only parries standing punch and elbow moves, not low attacks.

read my post, most everything is covered in there regarding your options.

[2][P] retaliations will hit as neutral.

I don't know the frames on returning to guard, I never tested it. honestly, if your opponent is wise to hakkeshou you'd be better not going into it rather than worrying about guarding from it. you have much better options without the stance.

7. Darrius_Cole

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    Oh no, I read the post and needed new information, and you gave it to me. Basically the new stance is ALL for the purpose of discouraging an opponent from interrupting the [P][P] strings and their similar counterparts, with a quick punch or elbow, and it must be immediately leads to a rock paper scissors. To me it seems that it would be perfectly useless against a high level opponent. Which is...., well...., what you said.

8. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks for the combos GE. A small note: You can also get into Hakkeshou after [6][P][+][K]

9. GodEater

never knew that. that's awesome. amma make change.

any other entry I'm missing.

10. GodEater

cool man.

hakkeshou is just like Bokutai (and I can't emphasize this enough)... easily (so easily) beaten. the only thing that makes either dangerous is your ability to mix it up and force a false expectation.

11. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I think that is the only one that was missed.

12. GodEater

interesting video detail options from [6][4][P][+][G] but as well there are some combos/mixups from Hakkeshou stance. those start at 1:41 with a direct link below.

http://youtu.be/zGX7UH9s2O0?t=1m41s

JackymusPrime likes this.
  13. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Great info, GE. Thanks for putting it together.

Just a minor typo you have in the entry section. [P]+[K]+[G]s...they currently read [P]+[P]+[K].

14. GodEater

Thanks Llanfair, I corrected the mistake. weird that no one else saw that!

15. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

Those combos arent garantee. I know that because a yellow icon appears under the frame data display. Be carefull using them.

16. Tekkendero

Tekkendero Member

Man how this stance can be effective cause %98 percent of players panic and use the move of gods D,P lol i try so many times and they panic and d,p d,p lol why sega dont add a option to deflect that attack with this stance thats is pretty cool man

17. Darrius_Cole

PSN:
    Darrius-Cole
    XBL:
    Darrius Cole HD
    A question about the frame data and advantages...

Say for instance, I complete a Hakkeshou sabaki that gives the highest possible frame advantage (+44)

[3][P][K] takes 42 frames to do the max charge.

Does the 44 frame advantage mean that the entire [3][P][K](max charge) lands or does the very next hit after the sabaki [3][P] take precedence and give the -8 on normal hit, making the full charged [K] non-guaranteed

18. NightAntilli

NightAntilli Well-Known Member

As far as I know, [3][P] takes precedence. But it would count as a counter hit, and not as a normal hit. I could be wrong on that though. We would have to test it in training mode.

19. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

Guaranteed attacks don't give counter-hits. The [3][P] would indeed take precedence, so the charged kick wouldn't be guaranteed. With that much advantage, I would say that the best thing that you could probably do would be to launch with [3][K]+[G], or, if you want, you would probably even have time for an offensive move and an attack if you want to try some side-turned shenanigans.

-David

20. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    [3][K][+][G] or [6][6][K][P], (depending on what position is opponent after sabaki) and midair combos ale the best options. When [3][P] hits opponent his frame counting becomes normal, not like when stunned, so he can easly evade charged [K].